Anyone Seen.....................

They've just announced that he's supposedly made threats against the wider public, but we are not permitted to know exactly what this means. "Operational reasons" of course! :rolleyes:

Page curiously pulled from the local Beeb website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/tyne/10556948.stm

Sounds like the "murder squad" at Northumbria Police are gearing up to commit another appropriately white-washed murder. Does anyone seriously believe that they are committed to a "safe arrest"?

Sounds like the "murder squad" at Northumbria Police are gearing up to commit another appropriately white-washed murder. Does anyone seriously believe that they are committed to a "safe arrest"?

I'm sure they are committed to try and make a "safe arrest" but safe for the public and police! let's not hand him to such as the "Lockerbie" bleeding hearts!(let the sniper make the arrest!)

Apparently Wayne Bridge has contacted Moaty to tell him that John Terry was boffing his ex while he was in Prison.

Is he even in rothbury anymore? Surely they wud have found him by now if he was.... hes not a freakin ninja

:blink:

There must be at least 200sq mile of desolate ground for him to hide in, it's not called 'The Death Zone' for nowt!

He is near the Otterburn firing range according to police, so expect him to ditch the shotguns and upgrade to a Challenger Tank. :lol: :lol: OH! Just thought of something, He doesn't drive a taxi does he? :whistle:

He`s under a bridge with a gun at his neck as i speak..it`s live on Sky News.

"Eye-witness Judith Ellis said that two police cars collided in their efforts to get to the scene, which she described as "mayhem"."

_48313102_009775526-2.jpg

Yeah, sounds like a typical dispassionate and well coordinated Northumbria Police response involving mentally unstable persons. The "criminal" is probably unstable too! :P

...I believe carrying a gun cancels out mental illness! (risk to law enforcement and the general public) :devil:

Even carrying a toy gun, that quite obviously is a toy gun, and posing no immediate threat to anyone? Shooting to kill a proportionate response of course!

Still, they've always had a problem telling metal from plastic, and with proportionate responses: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2168430.stm

Anyway, times are a' changing; it seems that after today you can't even buy a surrendered weapon from local police anymore! :D

http://news.bbc.co.u...ar/10562425.stm

There is no such thing as an "obvious" toy gun. These are old stats but do show that too many kids are killed by guns, yes the police appeared to be heavy handed when they dealt with the 12 year olds (they are old enough to know what they were playing with) only a fool would wait until they found out if they were real or toy guns.

Trust me, I'm a police man! There are a few bad apples everywhere!

In a single year, 3,012 children and teens were killed by gunfire in the United States, according to the latest national data released in 2002. That is one child every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. And every year, at least 4 to 5 times as many kids and teens suffer from non-fatal firearm injuries.

American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States.

In an age of fiscal austerity Tommy has done the right thing and shot himself saving the country a huge amount of time and money. He has probably done more for tourism in Rothbury than NCC has ever achieved, alright they maybe ghouls but still they will spend money!

The inevitable inquests will start now but I have a question, did it really warrant that amount of manpower, and for that read firepower, to bring this sorry episode to a conclusion? I didn't know we had so many armed coppers floating around, there seemed more at Rothbury than armed service personal who guarded Helmand! Before we get anyone saying they were needed to protect the public if that was uppermost in official minds he wouldn't have been let out of prison in the first place! I think if we get any change out of about £4 million for this episode we will be lucky!

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't! how much public protection was needed? how many police were used (I have only seen and read snippets in our news) where is the extra cost incurred? overtime to the police? <_<

I don't know a lot about his case but keeping offenders in prison under the present laws is pretty difficult, early parole etc in meant for the majority of normal offenders, and it works! it is for the minority that the laws need changing, more discretion for the authorities is needed, repeat or serious offenders should be pounding rocks! :devil:

While growing up, a caravan in Rothbury was our annual vacation, they were the best days of my youth! Cragside, the Thrum and the moors! I hope they don't get too much tourism publicity. :whistle:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now