Breaking News

I remembered it as soon as i saw it, but i think i may be thinking of Photographs i've seen rather than actually see-ing it myself.

Is there not a picture in another pub of the Lion in that dress?

i'm sure its in either the Wharton, Grapes, Sun, or may have been the Dun Cow...

Saw some workmen in front of Elliott's garage the other day, doors were open and all the roof insulation was all over the floor, dunno what they were doing but had some sort of drilling/inspection equipment in the old forecourt, maybe surveying for possible petrol station ??

I would imagine that it would just be earth samples to see what is below the ground. If there are flats on the cards then some founds are going to need laying and they will need to check for soil erosion etc.

As for the aesthetics, there was an old thread on this site with reference to what is being proposed there, and it isn't visually pleasing, in fact what was passed will dominate the street view.

More information.

Surely all development is better than an asbestos clad ford garage which looks awful. I think there should be some consideration taken when selecting the building materials if flats are approved.

As for Asda selling Netto's. We have boycotted Asda for the past few months and it is remarkable how much money we have saved!! Can't see us going back other than when the other shops are shut and we are in dire need for something (wine :P)

Back on topic, maybe they are planning a Tuesday night revivial of the Red Lion at the grand opening of Spoons.

I wouldn't say that I would frequent it when it is open but I can see me attending on occasions. Certainly more than the Rohan 'Canny' up next to mine.

Saw some workmen in front of Elliott's garage the other day, doors were open and all the roof insulation was all over the floor, dunno what they were doing but had some sort of drilling/inspection equipment in the old forecourt, maybe surveying for possible petrol station ??

aye often happens that-drilling for oil on a main street!

aye often happens that-drilling for oil on a main street!

Ha ha ha ha ha, haven't seen any Texans floating about

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well after all the hype and the great anticipation to the Grand opening of the Red Lion, Wetherspoons show how much it knows or cares about Bedlington. Who? Have they invited to open it, is it our home grown personality 'Tommy The Egg Man' No! Is it a sporting great in the vane of Alan Shearer? No! Is it the 'Big Cat' from the golf course? No! Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttts the one, the only The Great Mr Ian Lavery (MP) :wtf2:

MP in this case stands for MUPPET. Wetherspoons have committed a "Pomme de terre" (Del boy classic) here this bloke doesn't even know where Bedlington is! It's not even open yet and they've already lost 10 potential customers. Well done to your advertising and PR exec's Wetherspoons, fantastic, bye :wave:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now