i second that. i know some think it would be detrimental, but me being a non-bedders resident now, i need an incentive to have a night out there, and a cheep start would be just that for me.

Wetherspoons in ashington is my starting point there, as is the wetherspoons at Whitley Bay.

Of course, i could go to the club, and pay a fee every year for membership (or be hassled at the door... my choice) to get a cheep drink.

My point is, thats just a starting point for me and many others. We dont mind the odd overpriced pint if it evens out over the night a bit!

It is a recession after all! Who can afford 2 and a half quid + for a pint, even if it is a bit more decent than whats at wetherspoons?

i need an incentive to have a night out there,

BUT WE DON'T WANT YOU! Note to landlords - when you see Mr Darn, add 30p to the price of a pint!

Who can afford 2 and a half quid + for a pint,

Beer is not cheap these days is it. I actually listened to a geezer the other day complaining he paid 3p more in one pub than in another. Disgusting, of course. How much is a pint in wetherspoons these days?

Ripped this off another site............

Just a headsup from a friend who works at Wetherspoons that they will be slashing prices on a selection of food and drink from January 4th 2010

Ruddles Best Bitter 99p a Pint

Single Gordons and Tonic 99p (other mixers available)

125ml Glass of White, Rose, Red 99p a glass

Guiness £1.99 a Pint

Carlsberg £1.49 a Pint

Bottle of mineral water 49p

Ham Egg and Chips £1.99

Spicy Tomato Pasta £1.99

Note to self: bypass Bedders whenever alcohol involved at the request of MercuryG.

[Enter]

***REQUEST DENIED***

Insufficient rights to complete the request!

You know I'm only kidding Mr Darn; I'll have a pint with you any time. In fact, it's your round.

Abort? Retry? Fail?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now