England Football

If Capello picked the best 'in form' team available there is something very wrong! The writing was on the wall in the group stages as none of the big stars shone, in fact they should have all been sitting with Becks as we fielded the under 21's! Rooney, world class, really, he looked tired and unfit. Steve G, has been out of sorts for most of the last season. Lampard, shouldn't have been on the pitch. John T, shouldn't have been there at all. We wouldn't even of had the 1 goal yesterday as I wouldn't have had Upson on the pitch after his previous howlers. So we picked a team made up of the old guard and they let us down. These are supposedly the cream of the professionals playing in football today, well their wage packets would suggest that! We now have to consider the strategy Capello employed and the fact that he put players into unnatural positions, even that isn't really an excuse for the simple errors made during the game! Hardly surprising we got turned over as soon as we faced a class team!

Maybe some of those footballer star wages should be going into the English game at grass roots level.

I know nowt about football - and really don't want to - but it's very similar to software projects. At core they are both "people things". With "people things" when there's far too much money available (to "guarantee" a good result) it's then positively guaranteed to go totally TU! This is particularly true with team people things, where the human interactions are what runs the show, and the manager only thinks he does.

They seem to have a fear of the Germans when they play them i am glad our forebears didn't have the same problem during the wars .......... :|

IMHO several of the players appeared to be a arrogant prima donnas who didn't give the effort they could and should have, that being said instead of tying the game 2-2 at half time they are 3-1 down this makes it a totally different game tactically.

I would suggest the FA do as they did in 1926 and disassociate themselves from FIFA until the latest technology available is adopted, I believe FIFA need the FA (or England, Mexico and Ireland etc) more than the FA need FIFA! Take a look at Tennis, Cricket, Football and Hockey, those games have been greatly improved because of use of modern technology. :angry:

• Like 3

IMHO several of the players appeared to be a arrogant prima donnas who didn't give the effort they could and should have, that being said instead of tying the game 2-2 at half time they are 3-1 down this makes it a totally different game tactically.

I would suggest the FA do as they did in 1926 and disassociate themselves from FIFA until the latest technology available is adopted, I believe FIFA need the FA (or England, Mexico and Ireland etc) more than the FA need FIFA! Take a look at Tennis, Cricket, Football and Hockey, those games have been greatly improved because of use of modern technology. :angry:

Sounds logical to me Vic but will the old guard adopt it ......... :whistle:

I would suggest the FA sack themselves! Were they players? Did they ever play football? Were they football managers? They know FA about football so they need kicking out and get some ex players/managers in who know what they are on about!

If they disassociated themselves from FIFA then FIFA would ban us from World cup/Euro tournaments, not a bad thing as it happens, we would not then have our hopes dashed every two years :lol: :lol:

You know what made my world cup? That smug smile wiped off Platini's frog face :D

Back to the FA I think player sponsorship/advertising was to blame for team selection not Capello. I think he was told who had to play so that more money went into the FA from players' sponsors, because, lets face it, every man and his dog knows that Gerrard and Lampard cannot play in the same team! Also I think the players that went were not the ones that Capello wanted to take! But that's my opinion :whistle:

And for what it's worth I think Germany(spit)will win the World Cup :(

• Like 1

I would suggest the FA sack themselves! Were they players? Did they ever play football? Were they football managers? They know FA about football so they need kicking out and get some ex players/managers in who know what they are on about!

If they disassociated themselves from FIFA then FIFA would ban us from World cup/Euro tournaments, not a bad thing as it happens, we would not then have our hopes dashed every two years :lol: :lol:

You know what made my world cup? That smug smile wiped off Platini's frog face :D

Back to the FA I think player sponsorship/advertising was to blame for team selection not Capello. I think he was told who had to play so that more money went into the FA from players' sponsors, because, lets face it, every man and his dog knows that Gerrard and Lampard cannot play in the same team! Also I think the players that went were not the ones that Capello wanted to take! But that's my opinion :whistle:

And for what it's worth I think Germany(spit)will win the World Cup :(

germany will win as they've played as a team unlike most of the others such a england, france, brazil etc were star status ruled over everything else!

unfortunately I think the Germans will win,the Aussies had no chance with the dutch coach Pim verbeek post-212-043051100 1278460132_thumb.jpg That is a looser head ?

Edited by Brian Cross

Well I was wrong YET again! All the teams I picked to win the World Cup are out! Brasil, Italy, England and then Germany and here's me thinking I know summit aboot footbaal <_<

So here's my next choice Holland! So that settles it Spain are the Champions :lol: :lol:

Edited by Merlin

Was I right or was I right :lol: :lol:

So continuing my great run of form:-

Premier League Champions- Sunderland(spit)

Relegation- Newcastle United

FA Cup- Man U

League Cup (or whatever guise it goes under now)- Chelsea

Champions League- Chelsea

Uefa Cup- Who gives a damn (just because I haven't a clue who's in it) :lol: :lol:

This is why I don't bet! The twice I bet on Red Rum it got beat :| No more to be said!

• 2 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now