Wansbeck Works!

You're not thinking deep enough bar lass. Me and Miss Vic r qualified teachers who often sit at home 'doing nowt' at the minute. That's because employers don't like to employ overqualified people who just leave as soon as something they really want comes along. Also it would look pap on our CV, like we aren't commited to teaching, so we do supply which, at the minute is on the quiet side which results in lots of sitting at home, (Never doing'nowt' I assure you.) Not everybody does it out of choice...I would much rather be working but the fact is there is great competition for qualified jobs in this area.

Good for you. Everybody wants the good life. It depends on what you think the good life is. Some people are money motivated and the latest car or the swishest property will make them happy. I think as long as I have friends and family around me, I'm doing something I see to be worthwhile and I have enough cash to go out for a pint at the weekend I'll be happy. I also see a little bit of stress in your job to be a good thing to motivate, but I cannot see the point in so much stress that it causes health problems and worry. No job is worth that, life's too short. The head of the PGCE course at Newcsatle Uni left a really high paid job in Jan last year to go and be self sufficient in France and I think that's so admirable.

Caution, blowing of own trumpet in progress.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so judgmental Barlass, get a life please.

not being judgemental at all, only voicing my opinion like everyone else does on here. thats why its called a forum. fair enough if id known then i wouldnt have said what i said to you but if i dont know that then is that my fault?just a topic of conversation that has never cropped up!

Caution, blowing of own trumpet in progress.

Not at all. It's a fact. I did a job that I was overqualified for and when they found out I was applying for a teacher job they wanted rid. Anyway, I've worked really hard to get the qualifications I have so I'm not ashamed of mentioning them.

(This comment coming from the Denzel!)

At least I have a reason to big myself up for once.

I don't think I'm better than everybody else and put their comments down to create a more interesting persona on this forum....hmm who could I be talking about!!

It could be that some people have a different set of values Barlass, a few years ago I was informed that I had cancer, that changed everything. Career, housing, cars, money and even education aren't important any more and having the occasional luxury of sitting around doing 'nowt', I love it. :o

You OK now? Values in senior members are different that's all........

Take it easy ;)

You OK now? Values in senior members are different that's all........

Take it easy ;)

What is easy?

It always amuses me chatting to younger folks, eyes and ears are closed but the mouth is always open, concentration with them is always on the genitalia. :lol: Why are values different in seniors?

Is that really all?

Not at all. It's a fact. I did a job that I was overqualified for and when they found out I was applying for a teacher job they wanted rid. Anyway, I've worked really hard to get the qualifications I have so I'm not ashamed of mentioning them.

(This comment coming from the Denzel!)

At least I have a reason to big myself up for once.

I don't think I'm better than everybody else and put their comments down to create a more interesting persona on this forum....hmm who could I be talking about!!

Meaning what exactly?

Like you :lol:

Good trip to Derby? Any stops on the hard shoulder?

The trip was going swimmingly until 1.15pm on Saturday when the cam-belt on the Custard Pie gave up the ghost 3 miles from my destination - £300 or so to fix it and I've got to go and pick the !*!@# up. Then I've got to sell it!

The trip was going swimmingly until 1.15pm on Saturday when the cam-belt on the Custard Pie gave up the ghost 3 miles from my destination - £300 or so to fix it and I've got to go and pick the !*!@# up. Then I've got to sell it!

Leave it there Denzel al teck it off your hands

:D:D:D