Asda Buys Netto

• 1 month later...

I cannot believe that the council or anyone else for that matter is making an issue out of the available parking!

Don't they get it… NO ONE COMES TO BEDLINGTON ANYMORE!!! don't they understand that? - What a great problem it would be if it was real... A street packed with punters and cars coming from miles around to visit the multitude of retail establishments overflowing with every consumable known to man!

Really... the council needs to stop putting ridiculous obstacles in the way... investment isn't easy to come by at the moment and for the first time in the history of our town we have 3 major retailers; Asda, Tesco and Witherspoons trying to move into the town and the bl**dy council is thinking of every excuses they can from Parking spaces to Bats nests, to try and stop them! :huh:

FOR GOODNESS SAKE NORTHUMBERLAND COUNCIL, PULL YOURSELVES TOGETHER!???? Surely you can see how you can make a difference to the future odf the town, in a way that Wansbeck District Council failed to do!

***Sorry for the rant, but this is just an absolutely ridiculous situation for this town to be in

• Like 1

Ha Ha you sound like me! No offence.

No they don't understand because we don't exist in their eyes! I have said this many times on here 'We live in the no-go zone'. What is the 'no-go zone' you may ask? Well it is the area between the River Wansbeck and the River Blyth. Everything goes either side of these boundaries and nothing comes in between!

Wansbeck Cooncil,Northumberland Coonty Cooncil, same as same as!

As for the bats, its true , but nowt to do with the Cooncil but Environmental Protection Agency. Nowt that a canister of gas wouldn't put right :dribble:

The Town Cooncil works in mysterious ways.

The Shop I worked for on the front street wanted a sign up outside, cooncil said no,'The Front Street is a conservation area, you cannot erect signs that are not in character with the existing front street'. Along come Tesco with the same sign(different letters, of course) No problem! Eh! What! The question at the time was:- How much Tesco shoved into some shady cooncillors back pockets? :devil:

Until Bedlington excommunicates itself from outside control, and takes control of it's own destiny we will get no where and get nothing :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's hell on at work about it.

You would think the colleagues would find out before the media, i'm still chatting to colleagues on FaceBook that still have no idea!

And they say ASDA has good communication!

'Hey Andy, should we let the papers or the shelf-stackers know about it first?'

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It has been confirmed that Netto Bedlington was one of the 47 stores that ASDA is required to sell. Morrisons has confirmed that it has conditionally purchased the store (one of 16 it has paid £28.1 mln for. http://investing.thi...tory_id=3966560

I would expect that Morrisons will significantly increase the numbers of staff. In similar sized stores (about 7500 sq ft) it usually has about 100 staff so about 60/70 is possible.

Incidently the Safeway store in Bedlington did not have to be sold, Morrisons sold it as it then considered it too small for the Morrisons format. The current management have different ideas and intend to open more similar stores (and some even smaller like Tesco Express/Sainsburys Local)

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now