Interview Tales Of Woe

Ms Hair

Just had an interview, god they are awful things! It would be a miracle if I got it.

Does anyone have any unfortunate/funny tales of how they've screwed up interviews to make me feel better?

I didn't do anything funny or worth writing to make you laugh however, just gave the sort of answers that make you sound like your brain is made of mush and probably didn't address what they were asking anyway!

I should go drunk to my next one, I don't seem to find nerves a problem after a few glasses of rose. :(

Just had an interview, god they are awful things! It would be a miracle if I got it.

Does anyone have any unfortunate/funny tales of how they've screwed up interviews to make me feel better?

I didn't do anything funny or worth writing to make you laugh however, just gave the sort of answers that make you sound like your brain is made of mush and probably didn't address what they were asking anyway!

I should go drunk to my next one, I don't seem to find nerves a problem after a few glasses of rose. :(

Just imagine the interviewer is naked. Simply get Mr Hair to ask you some awkward questions; in a similar vein to your role-play nights in fact.

Just imagine the interviewer is naked. Simply get Mr Hair to ask you some awkward questions; in a similar vein to your role-play nights in fact.

Mr Hair doesn't make me nervous though! It's the questions+the nerves = Nee job! It's a formula that's gonna take some beating! I don't think the naked thing works as the people aren't intimidating they were nice female first school teachers. If I'd fallen over and grazed my knee they would have been like a mam.

Ps I mentioned role-play in the interview. I doubt if it's the kind you mean though.

Mr Hair doesn't make me nervous though! It's the questions+the nerves = Nee job! It's a formula that's gonna take some beating! I don't think the naked thing works as the people aren't intimidating they were nice female first school teachers. If I'd fallen over and grazed my knee they would have been like a mam.

Ps I mentioned role-play in the interview. I doubt if it's the kind you mean though.

Giddy up.

You may need to try a career change.

1. Always read the job spec

2. Hope the employer has a good HR dept

3. Expect the unexpected

4. Anti sweat devices

I once had an interview for a Validation/Documentation Officer (QA

speak for glorified paper knacker) & was asked several questions on

analytical equipment & training of science geeks....

If the personnel department had bothered to check my CV I was

clearly not suitable as an analytical chemist guru. Twenty five

minutes of "what he speak in"....."I see you don't have a MSC".

Magic.........

I didn't get it for the record. A more experienced person got it. (We were all newly qualifieds at the interview....grrr.)

Pencil - schools don't have good HR depts. Says a lot.

At least you didnt have to postpone it for having a black eye and a burnt hoop like someone i know........

I'm surprised he didn't have to postpone it because of being in casualty with those scary WWF moves he was pulling on Sunday!

Missed those, can easily picture it though!

It was a treat for the 6 or so people in the Sun Inn lounge. I will honestly remember it for the rest of my life! Wish I had video-phoned it for you-tube. The funniest thing EVER.

Mr Hair's still pushing the boat out for your nights out I see.

sorry, been offline a few days....

i once applied for a job where i got the usual reply:

Dear Mr Darn,

We are sorry to inform you that your application for imployment has been unsucsessful at this time. however your aplication will be kept on file for fut......etc

i replied:

Dear sir or madam,

I am sorry to inform your company that the rejection of an offer of employment has been rejected at this time.

i would also like to take this opertunity inform you that a follow up interview is expected in the next few weeks where a suitable position will be expected to be offered.

The wage for the expected position will also be negotiable as minimum wage is not acceptable.

Looking forward to your responce,

Regards,

Mr Darn

Amazingly the company rang the next day after the letter was delivered and offered another interview!!!

I diddnt get the job then either!!!!

points for trying tho!!

it was for a distrubution manager for the company that delivers the bulk papers in the mornings, i forget the name...

based in cramlington...

It was me who interviewed you - it was done out of spite.

Where is your interview? Good luck. I had another 1 today...didn't get it. Lack of experience again! If someone would employ me I'd get experience. grrrrrr.

Thats todays biggest problem, all employers want a couple of years experience, no bodys prepared to give anyone a chance, pity.