Mysterious Lights In Sky Tonight?

I got a call tonight at 10 o`clock from a friend telling me that there were 3 orange glowing lights in the sky and she didn`t know what to think! She hadn`t seen anything like it before. She spotted them over the Meadowdale Estate and they were heading in the direction of the Front Street. They were bright glowing orange and ascending slowly..When i asked what size they were she said `If you compare the size of aeroplane lights to a tennis ball, these were the size of footballs` :blink:

She did manage to get a photo of them, although they look like little half moons on it..

Did anyone else see anything or have an idea as to what they are?

sky.jpg

http://www.metacafe....oon_at_nite.swf

If the wind wasn't a Westerly: we've got a problem Houston! biggrin.gif

http://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/candbal.htm

Looks like the problems solved! The lass that sent me the photo has just seen that video and she said that`s exactly what they looked like :D

It`s a wonder that they`re not a regular sighting! Not many people must know about how to make them..well, they do now, so we may get an idea how many folk use this forum by tonight :lol:

Funny that you mention this. was heading up to cresswell on Friday with the dergs and to the right of the sun was a really bright spectrum coloured light really intense at one end and and really dark at the other.

It wasn't a rainbow and looked really strange!!!

Got pics of it on the cordless but got no way of transferring them to the computer at the minute!!

I got a call tonight at 10 o`clock from a friend telling me that there were 3 orange glowing lights in the sky and she didn`t know what to think! She hadn`t seen anything like it before. She spotted them over the Meadowdale Estate and they were heading in the direction of the Front Street. They were bright glowing orange and ascending slowly..When i asked what size they were she said `If you compare the size of aeroplane lights to a tennis ball, these were the size of footballs` :blink:

She did manage to get a photo of them, although they look like little half moons on it..

Did anyone else see anything or have an idea as to what they are?

sky.jpg

i saw this strange phenomenon on my last visit..about 1 am i was out side on my mothers patio smoking and chilling out..couldnt belive my eyes,,ran inside to get witnesses and was calmly told ""yyou silly !*!@# ,,thats the tosneys with their magic lanterns up at the railway cottages again"" bought some on my return home (off That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds) and sent them skywards,,they can go for about ten miles depending on the wind strength.next day..96fm was buzzing and it was only the tosneys cousin out in the garden !! lmao.

i saw this strange phenomenon on my last visit..about 1 am i was out side on my mothers patio smoking and chilling out..couldnt belive my eyes,,ran inside to get witnesses and was calmly told ""yyou silly !*!@# ,,thats the tosneys with their magic lanterns up at the railway cottages again"" bought some on my return home (off That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds) and sent them skywards,,they can go for about ten miles depending on the wind strength.next day..96fm was buzzing and it was only the tosneys cousin out in the garden !! lmao.

did i say That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds ?

did i say That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds ?

the website has started taking on a mind of it's own recently. The machines are taking over.

That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds! :lol:

I saw this too...but thought it was a helicopter, as there was the noise also. There were lots of police cars and dog section heading up to bedlington too.

hmm no think this was later on, about half 12ish

Edited by Sarah

I saw this too...but thought it was a helicopter, as there was the noise also. There were lots of police cars and dog section heading up to bedlington too.

hmm no think this was later on, about half 12ish

that would have be the police helicopter chasing the local chavs! laugh.gif

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now