Resident Band At The Top Club?

Jester

I know i'm going back a few years here but can anybody tell me the name of the resident band at the Top Club many moons ago?

I used to collect glasses there at the time and apart from the guest acts, there was always a resident band on every weekend. Got to be looking at about 1980? :blink:

I think the "Compere" at the time was a great guy called "Tommy"?

I know i'm going back a few years here but can anybody tell me the name of the resident band at the Top Club many moons ago?

I used to collect glasses there at the time and apart from the guest acts, there was always a resident band on every weekend. Got to be looking at about 1980? :blink:

I think the "Compere" at the time was a great guy called "Tommy"?

Tommy Brown (r.i.p) was compere and if i remember right the band was possibly Prism?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The wife worked behind the bar at the time [RED LION afternoons TOP CLUB nights and Sundays] The band was called PRISM they changed it to that from being called STAG. We can remember Brian Johnson and Angus Young from AC/DC coming in to see them one Sunday morning [stripper day] They got on stage with them and belted out Route 66 ............. by the way the strippers werent bad either.

• 4 years later...

The band was Prism. My mate, Tom Williamson played drums, Tony Sharp played keyboards, and John Craig (had a recording studio in the Toon along with Brian Johnson) played guitar and vocals.

The had some great renditions, my favourite (and their signature tune, along with 'Eloise') being 'Space Age Love Song' by A Flock fo Seagulls ...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now