"the Worst Prime Minister Britain Has Ever Had"

We'll someone had to say it, but I hardly thought it would be an official Labour Party parliamentary candidate! Got to at least acknowledge the guy's honesty.

So is Wansbeck so dumb it is going to vote in a commie sporting a Labour rosette? Someone who despises the current Labour Party as much as he does the class enemy. Someone who holds completely opposite views from the party he is (currently) a member of. And someone who will once again put the rubber stamp on our being the most "deprived" area with the lowest house prices in the whole of England.

We should be packing in employers with all the grants etc. that are on offer, but employers will take one look at our social misfit MP, and all that implies about the people who put him there, and so move on.

Is Wansbeck so totally stupid that it can be manipulated by Gordon Brown's jealousy and envy politics? So stupid that it believes that he's anything but a totally incompetent at the top job, and the architect of the current disaster? So stupid that it believes that after 13 years of waste and big-government Labour will somehow transform into a real reforming party that will do anything other than feather its own nest, and completely bankrupt the Country in the process?

This is a party that was presented with two opportunities to ditch Brown by people who put the party above their own naked ambitions, and they flunked that twice! They can't even reform themselves!

We'll find out in the next 48 hours; but whilst the country will near certainly kick him out, once again it doesn't look good for the image of our poor Town! Let's continue to fight the 1930's class war comrades; those capitalist Russians and Chinese may have abandoned it, but those sunny uplands await our ultimate victory!

• Like 2

So is Wansbeck so dumb it is going to vote in a commie sporting a Labour rosette? Someone who despises the current Labour Party as much as he does the class enemy. Someone who holds completely opposite views from the party he is (currently) a member of. And someone who will once again put the rubber stamp on our being the most "deprived" area with the lowest house prices in the whole of England.

I take it you're on about my 'good friend' slavvery lavvery the guy is heading for a fall and not before time! Long walk. Short pier, comes to mind. I'm going to stop now because he infuriates me! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!

would john major not hold that title!

John Major got the biggest share of the public vote in any UK general election when he pulled it out of the hat????? (I'm not alluding to anything to do with Edwina only that he won a surprise election victory!)

But then the topic is 'the worst PM...............'hmmmmm so much choice!

Brown has pushed Ted Heath into a very poor second.

There have been some pretty poor Labour ones, but that's mostly because they were dealt bad hands by their own party. But no one - not even Adolf - manged to bring the country to a total halt like Ted.

However Ted didn't actually bankrupt the country, or have a power-at-any-cost complex, or tell blatant porkies! He was the Tory party's first attempt at selecting a leader democratically, and at the time the party was split down the middle over Europe. The result was someone who was acceptable to all but with no vision and no direction - a hostage to fate. His bad decisions weren't terminally bad and we quickly recovered.

Gordon Brown is quite simply a new class of bad! He actually believes the complete garbage he talks, and that he's on a mission to save the World! rolleyes.gif Probably why he takes in so many people who don't understand economics, or don't know much history.

John Major got the biggest share of the public vote in any UK general election when he pulled it out of the hat????? (I'm not alluding to anything to do with Edwina only that he won a surprise election victory!)

But then the topic is 'the worst PM...............'hmmmmm so much choice!

Being a bit pedantic here I know but John Major didn't get the biggest share of the vote, he got the largest number of votes - over 14 million. I think Attlee got the largest share in post-war elections at 49.7% of the vote, but in 1945 that meant just under 12 million votes.

• Like 1

Another vote, from a retiring Labour MP:

IT's TIME... Time to forget Gordon's grumbling ineptitude and obvious exhaustion.

http://www.austinmitchell.org/

Lots more outbreaks of honesty over the coming weeks and months I predict. smile.gif

Being a bit pedantic here I know but John Major didn't get the biggest share of the vote, he got the largest number of votes - over 14 million. I think Attlee got the largest share in post-war elections at 49.7% of the vote, but in 1945 that meant just under 12 million votes.

I stand corrected..........

• 2 weeks later...

John Major - he was the non prime minister

There have been *lots* of non-prime ministers (both Tory and Labour), and I can't argue with you that John Major wasn't ineffective. But they didn't wreck the economy, and, operating under some sort of self delusion, mortgage the future for decades to come.

The history books will show that Gordon Brown was the uncontested all-time champion. Not just the astonishing £1.4 Trillion in debt that this prize idiot was planning to rack up on the crazy assumption that it would somehow all come right in the end, but the vast number of non-jobs in the public sector, and the layers of unenforcible, pointless and counterproductive legislation that were introduced in the last thirteen years. Nick Clegg seems to have accepted the mission to unravel some of this; the best of luck to him!

There have been *lots* of non-prime ministers (both Tory and Labour), and I can't argue with you that John Major wasn't ineffective. But they didn't wreck the economy, and, operating under some sort of self delusion, mortgage the future for decades to come.

The history books will show that Gordon Brown was the uncontested all-time champion. Not just the astonishing £1.4 Trillion in debt that this prize idiot was planning to rack up on the crazy assumption that it would somehow all come right in the end, but the vast number of non-jobs in the public sector, and the layers of unenforcible, pointless and counterproductive legislation that were introduced in the last thirteen years. Nick Clegg seems to have accepted the mission to unravel some of this; the best of luck to him!

I disagree, of course it looks like in the end it all went tits up with this government, however the NHS is better, the wages are better, the standard of living for everyone went up, its all well and good looking at it now and saying , oooh, its all gone wrong. It did , but not just for us. Every other country except Australia has been hit, and blaming Gordon Brown for it all is up to you, but your just venting on the poor !*!@# who happened to be at the wheel when it all went off. John Major however did !*!@# all, as far as i am aware. His "Peoples Charter " anyone remember that ? No. This new lot, it doesnt matter who it was, the cuts are coming, so get ready cos its gonna be harsh, and for some more than others, as the tories will soon show you.

I disagree, of course it looks like in the end it all went tits up with this government, however the NHS is better, the wages are better, the standard of living for everyone went up, its all well and good looking at it now and saying , oooh, its all gone wrong. It did , but not just for us. Every other country except Australia has been hit, and blaming Gordon Brown for it all is up to you, but your just venting on the poor !*!@# who happened to be at the wheel when it all went off. John Major however did !*!@# all, as far as i am aware. His "Peoples Charter " anyone remember that ? No. This new lot, it doesnt matter who it was, the cuts are coming, so get ready cos its gonna be harsh, and for some more than others, as the tories will soon show you.

Yes the working and non working class, we are about to be dumped on from a great height!

I disagree, of course it looks like in the end it all went tits up with this government, however the NHS is better, the wages are better, the standard of living for everyone went up, its all well and good looking at it now and saying , oooh, its all gone wrong. It did , but not just for us. Every other country except Australia has been hit, and blaming Gordon Brown for it all is up to you, but your just venting on the poor !*!@# who happened to be at the wheel when it all went off.

You might get away with that rose coloured glasses view with any other Labour government, but you forget two things. 1) New Labour inherited one of the soundest economies in recent history. 2) Gordon Brown has been in charge of the economy for an incredible thirteen years.

It's very easy to throw huge chunks of other people's money at things and claim an improvement, but have we had value for the huge sums involved, all the useless jobs-for-the-boys, and all the beaurocracy? Sooner or later the bills have to be paid. Despite the nonsense talked at the election about "putting the recovery at risk" that time is *now*. If we don't do something right away then Sterling (the only thing we have done right in not joining the Euro) will suffer a crisis of confidence, imports will rocket in price and we will re-run the history of previous Labour governments. Only, considering the scale of the deficit, it will be FAR worse this time.

Saying our problems are "Global" is total propaganda. It's nonsense to say that every other country (except Australia) is suffering the same problems! China is running obscene balance of payments surpluses, The whole of Asia is in very good financial shape. The Arabs only have their investments in the West to mope about; otherwise they are coining it. Russia is doing very well thank you. Scandinavia - and particularly Norway (where they haven't squandered their North Sea inheritance) are doing OK. The USA is recovering very nicely - because they don't have the same mad job-costing "employment protection". The Euro-zone is in trouble for entirely different reasons - mainly politics getting in the way of business. Apart from basket case Greece, Spain is in the same trouble as the UK because of the same socalist madness. No coincidence that Gordon and the Spanish PM were bosom buddies!

Our problems didn't start in the USA, they started here! The started because unlike previous chancellors Gordon started to believe he could walk on water - he'd "ended boom & bust". Read the posts here about Northern Rock that were made without the benefit of hindsight. They proved uncannily accurate in forecasting the meltdown, and the folly of putting public money into Northern Rock. He didn't act to reign in stupid lending, like all other governments did in the past. Lots of senior economists were warning of impending disaster year in and year out, his economic forecasts were consistently wrong year in and year out, yet he thought he knew better than the experts. He was entirely in charge of our economy, and no one else. He's entirely to blame for our financial crisis!

John Major however did !*!@# all, as far as i am aware. His "Peoples Charter " anyone remember that ? No. This new lot, it doesn't matter who it was, the cuts are coming, so get ready cos its gonna be harsh, and for some more than others, as the tories will soon show you.

No contest there - Major wasn't a very effective PM. But it has b .... all to do with the topic.

Of course "the cuts" are coming. And they'd have come whoever won the election. You want to praise Brown for the sound finances he inherited, and to blame the new government for the absolute necessity of balancing the books again after his profligacy? That doesn't sound a very tenable view.

Do you honestly think that the motivation for "the cuts" is something to do with your class war? Do you think that they aren't absolutely necessary? How do you propose that we close a £170,000,000,000 structural deficit without cutting government spending? Gordon's case was that it would all come right over the course of the economic cycle. It didn't; it won't; he never came clean on what he meant; and we don't have the luxury of waiting any longer to see if things pick-up anyway. The consequences of carrying on spending at the current rate will be devastating and long-term. Some short term pain can probably avoid a Sterling meltdown - there is no other sane option!

You have me all wrong. I know that cuts are coming and whoever got in would have to let the axe fall, however where the axe falls is a up to the guy with the axe. As for squandering north sea assests you can blame Thatcher for that .. the 80's boom was financed by that little windfall. The jocks have never forgiven the tories for that little smash and grab. They saw precious little of that cash , it funded her crazy class war. Most of which changed the face of Bedlington forever, as a side note. I didnt say it started in the US, I said it was a global slow down in the finance sector which unfortunately is a very large part of our economy, now, when that part is running hot everyones happy, and he's to blame for not reigning in the high street banks against that over heated risk taking. But hindsight is 2020 as they say, and when things are going up, do you really think a politician of any creed would try and pull the plug out of fear, I cannot see it.

As for John major he was a prime minister who i think should be mentioned in a thread titled "the Worst Prime Minister Britain Has Ever Had" ... as its my opinion, so is part of the subject.

Edited by Dave

Every other country except Australia has been hit,

Don't be too sure about Australia Dave. They look to be getting squeezed by Asian debts and an appreciating US dollar and have had to introduce special mining taxes to compensate. Might be indirect but things are iffy down there as well..........

We'll someone had to say it, but I hardly thought it would be an official Labour Party parliamentary candidate! Got to at least acknowledge the guy's honesty.

We should be packing in employers with all the grants etc. that are on offer, but employers will take one look at our social misfit MP, and all that implies about the people who put him there, and so move on.

Is Wansbeck so totally stupid that it can be manipulated by Gordon Brown's jealousy and envy politics? So stupid that it believes that he's anything but a totally incompetent at the top job, and the architect of the current disaster? So stupid that it believes that after 13 years of waste and big-government Labour will somehow transform into a real reforming party that will do anything other than feather its own nest, and completely bankrupt the Country in the process?

This is a party that was presented with two opportunities to ditch Brown by people who put the party above their own naked ambitions, and they flunked that twice! They can't even reform themselves!

We'll find out in the next 48 hours; but whilst the country will near certainly kick him out, once again it doesn't look good for the image of our poor Town! Let's continue to fight the 1930's class war comrades; those capitalist Russians and Chinese may have abandoned it, but those sunny uplands await our ultimate victory!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now