Omelettes And Quiches

• 3 weeks later...

anyone any good at either of these, one of my exes used to make these for me damn they were fab one of the many things i miss lol :)

whenever we are invited to a party at someones house we are asked to bring one of my quiches and they are a very easy thing to make,

I buy a pie crust at the market and use an assortment of ingredients such as green red or yellow peppers, mushrooms, onions scallions or leeks, asparagus, bacon or ham ( cooked ) 2 cups of half milk half cream, shredded cheese, Usually swiss or gruyere, 4 or 5 eggs, and salt and pepper with maybe a touch of cayenne pepper.

put the ingredients on top of the pastry crust then beat the eggs with the half and half and add the seasonings, bake for 15 mins at 425F then reduce heat to 300F for about 30 minutes more, it should have a nice brownish top but not burned. let it cool for ten minutes and enjoy!!!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

My recipe for a quick quiche.

Buy a ready made pastry, round if possible. Use a flattish pie dish and fit pastry into it.

Mix 4-5 eggs with a bit of milk and seasoning, enough to fill dish.

Chop up a few mushrooms, onion and bacon, or use lardons.

Sprinkle grated cheese onto the bottom of the pastry then add bacon and mushrooms.

Pour over the egg and milk mixture adding a little more cheese to the top.

Small tomatoes cut in half can be added now, cut side up.

Whack into a pre-heated oven, about ¾'s heat range, for about 20 mins or until cooked. I normally watch the pastry to tell if cooked as the middle sets better as it cools down and my lot like it a bit on the sloppy side.

I have used chopped up sausages instead of bacon (half cook them first) and also flavoured the egg/milk mix with curry powder etc.

Best served cold as far as I am concerned.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now