The Party Leaders Debate Round 2

Thought some readers might like to consider this missive which is being sent to parliamentary candidates from the Robin Hood Tax initiative:

Dear 2010 election candidate / Party Leader

As the election nears I am considering my voting intentions, my challenge to you is this:

As the big banks return to profit, and you look at how to tax them, I would urge you to put the needs of the poorest people at the front of your mind.

The banking crisis hit the poorest people in the UK hard. Jobs and homes are being lost, while crucial services are at risk.

In the UK 1.7 million children live in severe poverty while 8.8 million children die because of it around the world every year. And the chance of finding enough money to fight climate change is disappearing fast.

Can this continue? Not on our watch!

These shocking figures need bold solutions and we're challenging you, the British leaders, to share our vision.

Hundreds of thousands of people across the UK and me are calling for a Robin Hood Tax on banks.

We're not just talking about insuring the banks against a future crisis - lets impose a bank tax that will insure the future for humanity.

Size matters, any tax on the banks has to raise tens of billions of pounds in the UK to tackle poverty at home, and must raise hundreds of billions globally to end global poverty and tackle climate change.

We're challenging you to not only believe in our vision - we're challenging you to be ambitious with yours.

When you tax the banks keep your hands in your pockets, remember the world's poor are counting on you and think BIG.

I think even those life long Labour voters will place their votes elsewhere-especially after the bigot remark to that woman-life long labour voter/pillar of community etc.. think Labour should've ousted Brown and replaced him to stand a chance... could he be the most hated man in Britain? Never been interested in politics but been reading the paper's etc.. and I think Labour will lose votes not just because of their politics and state we are in but because of him and his manner-you can see in his face how false he is whereas cameron comes across as a genuine person. He believes in family and community etc.. - pity he wasn't a Labour candidate! Am still undecided as to who gets my vote.. none of the local Mp's seem to be offering anything of substance-especially for Bedders! :angry:

Watching the third debate... since when did cuts = taking money out of the economy? Brown seems to think the Government IS the economy. Money back into the private sector, there's your efficiency savings.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now