Health Warning

threegee

About an hour ago my wife collected Fish & Chips at the Front Street East chippy (the traditional one that now sells !*!@# food too, Jennys (?). A few minutes after starting to eat I felt nauseous. At first I put it down to having picked up a chill or something today. Then my wife said that she too was feeling sick.

I continued eating but immediately lost any appetite. Strange, as I'd had very little to eat today - the odd cup of tea and a biscuit only. The remainder of my F&C were fed to the two large dogs, who were waiting greedily, and eat like horses. Amazingly, both of them vomited the lot back within a minute or two of each other.

Don't really know what the problem is, but I suspect the cooking oil was way off. Anyway it was immediately reported to the chippy, and the lady there said she'd stop serving straight away. I do hope she does as there's obviously a bad problem.

We've all recovered from the nauseousness fairly rapidly, but I'm still feeling a bit shaky. It seems to me that it's more likely a chemical problem than any sort of bacterial thing. I've had bacterial food poisoning once or twice before in (posh & expensive) restaurants, and this isn't anything like as bad just at the moment. Probably not serious enough to report to the P.H., but a offer of a refund would have been nice! :(

Hmmm... For what may have been a one off instance; you have probably just destroyed their business!

BTW, where exactly is this fish & chip shop?

Opposite the Black Bull, next door to the kebab shop.

I've eaten there before and found their food very toothsome.

Also, without wanting to sound like Clare Short MP, can we refer to "Chinese" food rather than "!*!@# "?

Hmmm... For what may have been a one off instance; you have probably just destroyed their business!

Don't think so. Only they have the power to do that!

It might have been a one-off night, or even a one-hour event, but I'd bet anyone else served the same time felt ill, though may not have realised why.

Been going there for many decades, and will surely return at some point. But, just at present, I've gone completely off F&C. When the craving returns the next ones will doubtless be from Moby !*!@#'s on the Glebe Road!

Personally I have found their food to be top rank. A simple case of food poisoining would not affect a canine, their constitution is such that even raw meat can be easily digested. And I agree, the term '!*!@# ' is highly offensive. I prefer 'Kitchen Sink' myself.

Personally I have found their food to be top rank. A simple case of food poisoining would not affect a canine, their constitution is such that even raw meat can be easily digested. And I agree, the term '!*!@# ' is highly offensive. I prefer 'Kitchen Sink' myself.

I'm not arguing with the quality of the food, and have already said that it wasn't bacterial food poisoning. Far too quick for that - and believe me, I know what bacterial food poisoning is like!

They certainly aren't Chinese, and I'm sure their food wasn't offended. The way I felt when I wrote that, it could have been expressed a in a lot more un-PC way! :)

At the end of the day the problem was badly handled by them, and I don't have to appologise for being made ill!

:angry:

Sorry, but I must point out that your comment is wholly inaccurate. I have never had recourse to use Anusol or any proprietary brand of haemorrhoid cream. Indeed, my balloon knot is in excellent condition.

Sorry, but I must point out that your comment is wholly inaccurate. I have never had recourse to use Anusol or any proprietary brand of haemorrhoid cream. Indeed, my balloon knot is in excellent condition.

Ah, after a good curry / guiness festive evening, the next morning I reach for Anusol to smooth

things internally. 10/10

ps also excellent lube

Ah, after a good curry / guiness festive evening, the next morning I reach for Anusol to smooth

things internally. 10/10

ps also excellent lube

An excellent lube eh? Didn't know you were one of those '!*!@# ' fellows.