Tired Of The Keyboard Not Being The Way You Need It?

threegee

Keytweak changes the MS Windows registry entries to remap keys the way you want them to be, and it's FREE!

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Works great, though you do have to reboot for the changes to take affect. I've remapped some of those silly media keys to do useful things. As it simply makes one-off changes to the registry, it doesn't appear to use any memory, or slow up booting the machine at all. So NOT yet another draggy utility to kill your PCs performance.

'cos I don't like difficult typing, even though I do like tiny machines with sometimes awkward keyboards.

And, in this recent case, I got a brilliant Logitech Bluetooth keyboard (with track-pad) for next to nowt, on that auction site that's not as good as BedBay. Only problems are: that it's an Italian layout (fixed with the supplied key-top stickers), AND that it's customised for the Playstation! Now my (trackpadless) ancient netbook has a trackpad and a brilliant top-quality 102 key wireless keyboard that beats any modern hardware combination at any price.

Even so, I can think of several Windoze keys I never use on other machines that would be a lot more use if changed to key codes I do use. For instance what would you do if say the return or CTRL key on your favourite notebook was dickey? Or if you didn't like the wonky key placement on an EEE PC (many don't)?

The messages are: one size does not fit all, and that you'll never know there IS a better way if you don't experiment. wink.gif

Even so, I can think of several Windoze keys I never use on other machines that would be a lot more use if changed to key codes I do use. For instance what would you do if say the return or CTRL key on your favourite notebook was dickey? Or if you didn't like the wonky key placement on an EEE PC (many don't)?

buy a new keyboard? * undo the two screws that normaly hold the keyboard in place then undo the ribbon and replace! job done no weird remapped keys and what happen if you forget where you remapped the return key to?

* unless its a cheapo one like those net surfer things! heap of sh.... :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now