Empty Deli

Does anyone know anything about a fire yesterday at the deli next to the Post Office?

I was wondering what had happened..i passed there yesterday and there was a fire engine, police van and a police car all with their lights flashing. There were police standing outside the Post Office door, more police inside the Post Office and a police woman standing outside the door which leads to the flat above the Post Office (which had been kicked in by the look of it)..I didn`t know what to think. It didn`t look like there had been a fire though.

My first thought when i saw all the police, was that there`d been a robbery :blink:

Not sure that it was in the deli but rather in the flat above the Post Office, which had quite clearly had it's door smashed in.

Not sure that it was in the deli but rather in the flat above the Post Office, which had quite clearly had it's door smashed in.

Drugs Bust at Bedlington Post Office Towers, Pensioners found to use pension day at local Post Office as cover to ply their trade in illegal drugs. Skunk farm found upstairs. Pensioners interviewed said it was for their own use to combat arthritis pain, also said that because of no pain they could make it to The Wharton for cheap non metered beer which was half the price of the breweries inflated prices. They were said to be supporting local businesses! But this was to no avail as The Wharton is now up for sale. They were all sentenced to three years at The Blue Bell for their crimes! :D :D

Hi All, "The empty deli" belongs to my dad. There was no fire. The flat next door have a major leek and the roof collapsed which also affected the upper floor of my dads place. As no one was in either properties the Police had to break down both doors to check for further damage.

So sorry, nothing exciting. just thought id set the story straight.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now