Who Will You Vote For?

General Election  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh joy! The candidate list has been published.

*clicky* (opens in MS Word)

Nice to see faith the Conservative candidate has in our district - he doesn't even live here, his address is listed as 'somewhere in the Ilford North Constituency' :D

Still, at least it's more than the BNP & UKIP candidates bothered to give.

Edited by mobius

Nice to see faith the Conservative candidate has in our district - he doesn't even live here, his address is listed as 'somewhere in the Ilford North Constituency' :D

BNP and UKIP candidates can't give an address as they are homeless due to all housing being prioritised for immigrants :rolleyes::blink::o:P;)

Just for the record the Conservative Candidate, Campbell Storey is a native of Newbiggin. He works in Westminster and this is his "work" address.

Cheers :lol:

BNP and UKIP candidates can't give an address as they are homeless due to all housing being prioritised for immigrants :rolleyes::blink::o:P;)

If the Liberals get in Merlin there will not be any imrigants, Nike say's he'll make tham all legal citizens. Get your swimming trunks on as mainland UK will sink within six months of him getting power. :lol::D:D

• Like 3

If the Liberals get in Merlin there will not be any imrigants, Nike say's he'll make tham all legal citizens. Get your swimming trunks on as mainland UK will sink within six months of him getting power. :lol::D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just caught a bit of the news before... Cameron said something on the lines of "the people are the masters-we are merely the servants"...... think its about time these MP's all remembered that and started to act in our best interests :blink:

• Like 1

Just caught a bit of the news before... Cameron said something on the lines of "the people are the masters-we are merely the servants"...... think its about time these MP's all remembered that and started to act in our best interests :blink:

Your so right they should remember we "the people" know what we want :unsure:

Serious when asked by some, racist when asked by others. It's make your mind up time folks :(

Not racist at all, no matter who it's asked by. How many unemployed? How many work for the civil service? How many use the X31 everyday? How many were born outside the UK?

heres a good one the bnp want prisoners to do hard labour, such as digging trenches etc where as the conservates want the unemployed to do the same! and there aiming all there cuts at north england and northern ireland.

heres a good one the bnp want prisoners to do hard labour, such as digging trenches etc where as the conservates want the unemployed to do the same! and there aiming all there cuts at north england and northern ireland.

You forgot to mention that the Conservatives bayonet babies too!

Did you get that garbage from one of the Labour leaflets that Gordon condemns for telling lies, but won't actually order the lefties that are writing them to stop putting the garbage out. rolleyes.gif

The truth is that between half an million and a million public sector jobs that Gordon thought his tax and spend could sustain now HAVE to go. They have to go whoever gets in because there aren't enough wealth creators in the private sector to pay for them. They will go wherever they need to go, and it won't make a great deal of difference who is chancellor. The plans are have already been made by top civil servants, and the discretion available to ANY future government is really rather small.

Darling has seen the plans but wont say what they contain - it would be electoral suicide! The other leaders haven't but they've had the briefings and their economists have made a fairly good guess at filling in any blanks. They wont say for exactly the same reasons. So who is kidding who here? Well, just about everyone is trying to kid everyone else. But no one is more kiddable than those who vote Labour in the belief that in voting for a bunch of greasy lawyers and spin doctors they are somehow furthering a "class war" that has had no meaning for most to the 20th Century and certainly no relevance in the 21st! Can there be any other reason for voting Labour when yet again a Labour Government has unfailingly landed us, our children, and maybe even our children's children, all at the door of the poorhouse?

That the axe of inevitability will initially fall hardest in the North East is because we've made ourselves more dependant on public sector employment than most. There is no Dr Evil, only a Dr. G. Incompetent Brown!

I think there is a choice coming through now but we really have to look close and make some pretty prophetic projections given that none of the main parties are willing to put their REAL manifestos out before us for consideration. It is no accident the economy is playing a large part in this election so I guess we should stick with that. Basically the country is bankrupt and we have been paying the mortgage with our credit card for some time. It is obvious that has to stop and what we are really talking about is the method of withdrawal and getting that repayment into proper terms.

Labour's reticence to get to grips with this problem can be seen as a failure of government, because quite simply they are the government of the day. This is notwithstanding the fact that they are in the main responsible for the problem in the first place! The only possible way I can see their plan working, well the bits they have talked about anyway, is if we have rampant inflation. We are holding enough debt paper to choke a horse but inflation will erode its value over time. At first glance that might seem a pretty painless way of tackling the debt problem we have but it also makes the rest of our monies worthless and we will end up paying a tenner for a loaf of bread. This inflation route is the only way I can see why Darling Brown are so smug and complacent when talking about the economy. Looking closer to home Northumberland has 48% of jobs in the public sector, now that might be payback for the solid Labour vote election after election, but is doesn't bode well for any cutback in that sector. Even Brown saying he will move jobs out of London and relocate them up here probably won't replace what is about to be lost.

The Conservatives want to look tough and realise there is a massive hole to fill but as GGG says publishing the necessary cuts will be electoral suicide. (If only one party does it!) They are talking about the need for cutbacks but won't say exactly what that really means. In fact their 20%/80% strategy will see 80% of any money needed to rebalance our budget coming from public sector cuts and given the previous statement about our local labour market make up that should be worrying for us. I think this above all else will probably keep Labour seats safe in this neck of the woods.

The Lib Dems,,,,, well Stephen might be better placed to say what their take is on future changes needed to our economy because as soon as I get a handle on what they come out with they then almost rescind it. They could be the biggest 'cutters' of all and there is an analogy if we look at the way the Lib Dems have ran NCC since taking control. Their dynamic duo of Clegg/Cable looks the least compatible offering for governance given that they don't seem to understand what each is saying at times. Some of their economic strategies are into the realms of fantasy but then long shots can often do that and get away with it.

We also have to consider the other smaller parties as I think there is still huge public underlying resentment at sitting MPs and the way their expenses scandal unfolded. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some big names loose their seats and this time there isn't a nice job at Hong Kong waiting!

Of course this is a look at the national stage, what we will do is elect one very, very, very small part of that, even if by some coincidence the MP we elect is in the ruling administration the odds are he won't be playing any major role in government.

• Like 1

I think Monsta is referring to Camerons interview with Paxman where he did a very poor job of answering a question on which areas were more dependant on the public sector.

The Lib Dems,,,,, well Stephen might be better placed to say what their take is on future changes needed to our economy because as soon as I get a handle on what they come out with they then almost rescind it. They could be the biggest 'cutters' of all and there is an analogy if we look at the way the Lib Dems have ran NCC since taking control. Their dynamic duo of Clegg/Cable looks the least compatible offering for governance given that they don't seem to understand what each is saying at times. Some of their economic strategies are into the realms of fantasy but then long shots can often do that and get away with it.

The Lib Dems have named £15bn of specific cuts initially including Child Trust Funds and a public sector pay cap, and said that more cuts are necessary (as the party believes the structural deficit is £70bn). You are right that there are no specific cuts identified for that yet although the party have said they will look at public sector pensions and the cost of replacing Trident.

I do think all the parties should be open about the scale of deficit, whoever gets in will regret not doing so when they have to govern. But as NCC has found out, it's one thing to say we need to stop spending money we don't have, and another to actually name the things you'll have to cut.

• Like 1

A little girl asked her father, 'do all fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time"?

The father replied, 'No, some begin with - If I am elected.'

It's tough being a politician. Half your reputation is ruined by lies the other half is ruined by the truth!

'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Political cunning should never be mistaken for intelligence.

During Britain's "brain drain," not a single politician left the country.

Crime is merely politics without the excuses.

Activity is the politician's substitute for achievement.

Why is it that political leaders don't seem to have all the answers until they write their memoirs?

The trouble with political jokes is they get elected.

The government claims it's following the will of the people. I didn't even know we'd died!

Make your M.P. work - don't re-elect him.

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

A politician is a man who stands for what he thinks the voters will fall for.

A politician has to be able to see both sides of an issue, so he can get around it.

• Like 2

A little girl asked her father, 'do all fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time"?

The father replied, 'No, some begin with - If I am elected.'

It's tough being a politician. Half your reputation is ruined by lies the other half is ruined by the truth!

'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Political cunning should never be mistaken for intelligence.

During Britain's "brain drain," not a single politician left the country.

Crime is merely politics without the excuses.

Activity is the politician's substitute for achievement.

Why is it that political leaders don't seem to have all the answers until they write their memoirs?

The trouble with political jokes is they get elected.

The government claims it's following the will of the people. I didn't even know we'd died!

Make your M.P. work - don't re-elect him.

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

A politician is a man who stands for what he thinks the voters will fall for.

A politician has to be able to see both sides of an issue, so he can get around it.

Malcolm,

every word of that is true but the jokes on us as we are all going to vote for the plonkers in a general election. :D

but who do we vote for?????? load of crap through door but no substance? I come from a long line of labour voter's but really can't decide who to vote for? We work hard n we struggle and I know a few on dole with 2 kids same as us got more than what we have to live on? so, if you work, and on low wage, the system makes you worse off than on the dole? if u an alcoholic or depressed etc.. u get disability, but if like my other half u epileptic n got arthritis but work ya !*!@# off 2 feed ya family, you aint entitled 2 any disability payments! If u work 16 hours u get free school dinners, milk, trips, music lessons etc.. but if u workin full time on same wage u get nowt? so is labour looking after the working class? NO! will camerons lot? NO! Will the Liberals? NO! Will any of the local MP's do owt for bedders? NO! ANGRY.COM!!! Cameron said MPs are the slaves n we the masters. but they do not care about any of us!This country has gone 2 pot - nanny state, people better off on dole, crime, the nhs ..... an endless list! rant rant rant...... we all could do so about the state of this country... but who can we vote for to sort it out???? :angry:

• Like 3

but who do we vote for?????? load of crap through door but no substance? I come from a long line of labour voter's but really can't decide who to vote for? We work hard n we struggle and I know a few on dole with 2 kids same as us got more than what we have to live on? so, if you work, and on low wage, the system makes you worse off than on the dole? if u an alcoholic or depressed etc.. u get disability, but if like my other half u epileptic n got arthritis but work ya !*!@# off 2 feed ya family, you aint entitled 2 any disability payments! If u work 16 hours u get free school dinners, milk, trips, music lessons etc.. but if u workin full time on same wage u get nowt? so is labour looking after the working class? NO! will camerons lot? NO! Will the Liberals? NO! Will any of the local MP's do owt for bedders? NO! ANGRY.COM!!! Cameron said MPs are the slaves n we the masters. but they do not care about any of us!This country has gone 2 pot - nanny state, people better off on dole, crime, the nhs ..... an endless list! rant rant rant...... we all could do so about the state of this country... but who can we vote for to sort it out???? :angry:

Might pay to work part time and claim benefits?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now