Who Will You Vote For?

General Election  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...if the Conservativs get in power you can kiss good bye to child care (sure start) A massive cut in most benifits, public spending and a massive Tax increase.

Alistair Darling has conceded that if Labour is re-elected public spending cuts will be "tougher and deeper" than those implemented by Margaret Thatcher. -- BBC News

You were saying?

At the end of the day, no matter who you vote for it won`t help you in the slightest. They all give you the talk when they`re wanting your votes, they`ll promise this, that and the other, but they sharp change their tune once they`re elected.

They are all after one thing and that`s lining their own pockets.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, no matter who you vote for it won`t help you in the slightest. They all give you the talk when they`re wanting your votes, they`ll promise this, that and the other, but they sharp change their tune once they`re elected.

They live in a different universe to us lot, like a few on here :( :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know much about politics-all I know for sure is they promise this n that n never follow through! This country is in a mess and most decent folk have had enough! We pay their wages - its about time they listened to the people! we all have gripes - ie the nanny state, the price of food/petrol etc..(and our wages don't increase enough to meet these added costs),the fact you can be arrested for protecting your own home/family etc.. an endless list!

• Like 2

Is either Brown or Cameron coming anywhere near us? Are any Nu Labour or Tory big wigs coming here to campaign?

Only when we stop living in the 19th Century will we move into the 21st. Use your head and vote against the dominant party. When we're "a marginal" that can go either way we will get noticed by central government

As ever it's in Nu Labour's interests to keep this a poor "working class" area. It's in the Tory's interest to divert investment elsewhere. This problem feeds on itself.

If you really don't believe this then please explain why we have both the highest unemployment and very lowest house prices in the country? Is it that our area lacks anything other than a bit of enterprise and real sustained investment?

Are we really so dumb that it will take another 50 years (and leave it to our kids or kid's kids) to work this out for ourselves?

• Like 1

I'll be keepin to my guns and voting Labour, if the Conservativs get in power you can kiss good bye to child care (sure start) A massive cut in most benifits, public spending and a massive Tax increase.

Nobody on your list! They all the same as each other. Liberals: NO hope. Labour and Conservatives, same as, just different leaders. All way out of touch with everyday living, they don't have a clue how joe average lives. They live their cosseted lives out and out away from the truth. If the truth was to jump up and smack them on the sneck end they still would not be able to comprehend it! So many of their policies smack of being snobbish, looking down on the ordinary working man. You will do as your told, I'm boss and what I say goes, attitude. Dictatorship springs to mind! Never mind what the people of the country want, we'll just do it anyway and sod the lot of you, we are right because, well because we are so there, get on with it. Do as you are told and don't rock the boat,we know what's right, you don't, so don't think you do! And if we get it wrong well it's your fault for not doing as you were told even if it was us that told you to do it! It's good for you! Why? Because we say so even if it's not it'll put a great big wad in our back pockets anyway and by the time anyone finds out we'll be long gone and buried.

Revolution here we come! And the sooner the better!

• Like 2

Revolution here we come! And the sooner the better!

Right - that's the attitude! We're all for it! So what are you doing about it? Oh, wait, you're waiting for someone else to do it for you, aren't you? That's the problem these days - we have it all too easy, and people - like you, like me, ordinary, everyday people - get this attitude of 'they're all the same, it's not worth voting'. And then what are we left with? Something, someone, who somebody else voted for, who we complain about, who we want rid of. Tough - we didn't vote, we let this happen.

Get off your !*!@# , stop waiting for others to do what needs to be done, and vote; it starts like this - if you don't like the way things are right now, you need to vote AGAINST the party in power. Get it?

The revolution isn't going to happen thanks to somebody else.

• Like 1

That is EXACTLY what the present government did OH and by the way I dont remember having a vote when BLAIR stepped down and BROWN was forced upon the country... like it or not... see thats a LABOUR "DEMOCRACY" for you I think it was a DICTATORSHIP decision and it proper pissed me off........ it was totaly moraly wrong and the annoying thing about it ALL the bloody so called opposition said !*!@# all and I MEAN THE LOT OF THEM.... just like I have said many times on here there is not a LEADER among them..... they should have been shouting from the the bloody rafters........ thats my rant over for now

I'll be keepin to my guns and voting Labour, if the Conservativs get in power you can kiss good bye to child care (sure start) A massive cut in most benifits, public spending and a massive Tax increase.

No disrespect Stephen your against tax rises? I could,nt agree more however just you look back and see just how much we have been stealth taxed by this lot have a compare and see how much your wage is worth now compared to when this lot got in have a look see how much the cost of fuel has risen the list goes on and on oh and compare how much the average wage has increased to compensate for the massive increases in taxation stealth or not have a look at the state of the variose industries effected by this lot they have stood by and watched Corus close just as they stood and watched the car industry go and the pub trade just 3 examples yet they pour billions in to an unnecasary war which we wont win.... they will be no winners and they know it..... our borders are wide open to all and sundry ..........they estimate there are 3 million on the dole try 6 million because they fudge the figures fact........ and the working are footing the bill..... now I,m not saying Conservative , Liberals or any other party for that matter will be any different but for gods sake can they be any worse..... Brown bleats on about what Labour will do well I think they have done enough....... just you think on before you put your X on that ballot paper....... There is a saying better the devil you know than the devil you dont......... well Ive had enough of this devil so I will cast mine else where

• Like 2

No disrespect Stephen your against tax rises? I could,nt agree more however just you look back and see just how much we have been stealth taxed by this lot have a compare and see how much your wage is worth now compared to when this lot got in have a look see how much the cost of fuel has risen the list goes on and on oh and compare how much the average wage has increased to compensate for the massive increases in taxation stealth or not have a look at the state of the variose industries effected by this lot they have stood by and watched Corus close just as they stood and watched the car industry go and the pub trade just 3 examples yet they pour billions in to an unnecasary war which we wont win.... they will be no winners and they know it..... our borders are wide open to all and sundry ..........they estimate there are 3 million on the dole try 6 million because they fudge the figures fact........ and the working are footing the bill..... now I,m not saying Conservative , Liberals or any other party for that matter will be any different but for gods sake can they be any worse..... Brown bleats on about what Labour will do well I think they have done enough....... just you think on before you put your X on that ballot paper....... There is a saying better the devil you know than the devil you dont......... well Ive had enough of this devil so I will cast mine else where

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Mercury, Why should I vote against the people in power? That was my point! There is no difference between any of them, they are now all Tories in disguise. I vote and have always voted Labour but I tell you what I won't be voting for them this time! Having said that who else is there to vote for, absolutely nobody because it doesn't matter who wins the election they are in it for themselves and sod us lot. Do they listen to us NO!

As for sitting on my &$$ waiting for other people to do something, well people will have to wait and see! I am absolutely seething with the attitude of people who cannot or will not think for themselves and believe every bit of %$&£ and spin that spouts out of so called politicians mouths, they believe everything they say and are dumbfounded when it doesn't materialise. For Gods Sake! THINK!

• Like 1

Right - that's the attitude! We're all for it! So what are you doing about it? Oh, wait, you're waiting for someone else to do it for you, aren't you? That's the problem these days - we have it all too easy, and people - like you, like me, ordinary, everyday people - get this attitude of 'they're all the same, it's not worth voting'. And then what are we left with? Something, someone, who somebody else voted for, who we complain about, who we want rid of. Tough - we didn't vote, we let this happen.

Get off your !*!@# , stop waiting for others to do what needs to be done, and vote; it starts like this - if you don't like the way things are right now, you need to vote AGAINST the party in power. Get it?

The revolution isn't going to happen thanks to somebody else.

And by me voting doe`s what exactly? Surely by now, you can see the way this works? Just incase you missed it, they say `we`ll do this, that and the other, we promise to change things for the better etc etc`..what then happens..they`re voted in by gullible people that takes anything in..brought up to not think for themselves..

No wonder this country is in the state it`s in..there`s absoluteley no hope.

Any person with any sense wouldn`t vote. They need to throw the lot of the over-paid moron Mp`s out and start from scratch. Get shot of the lot. Greedy, dishonest,manipulating !*!@# .

• Like 2

And by me voting doe`s what exactly? Surely by now, you can see the way this works? Just incase you missed it, they say `we`ll do this, that and the other, we promise to change things for the better etc etc`..what then happens..they`re voted in by gullible people that takes anything in..brought up to not think for themselves..

No wonder this country is in the state it`s in..there`s absoluteley no hope.

Any person with any sense wouldn`t vote. They need to throw the lot of the over-paid moron Mp`s out and start from scratch. Get shot of the lot. Greedy, dishonest,manipulating !*!@# .

Well said!! couldn't have put it better myself!! :D

• Like 1

Greedy, dishonest, manipulating!*!@& that's why they're MPs :lol: :lol: :lol: You also missed out LYING and CHEATING but you're getting there!

If you on the dole and are caught cheating you get jailed, if you are an MP and get caught cheating your expenses you get a slap on the wrist and told don't do it again or start wild rumours about swine flu to get the expenses off the front pages, clever are'nt they!

• Like 2

Any person with any sense wouldn`t vote.

This is the most ridiculous sentence that anyone can possibly write in relation to an upcoming general election. If you don't vote you are allowing others to determine the outcome - you cannot then rant on as you have been on here if you have had no say in the process. Why do you think we get a vote? Do you think it is our God given right to live in a country that elects its political leaders this way? Or perhaps it was something that people actually fought for, and that we should respect? The sentence quoted is absolutely and intrinsically wrong - any person with any sense makes it their duty to vote, for that's the only way you stand any chance of getting things changed.

Merlin - why should you vote against those in power? If you have to ask that question you're as much a clown - with due respect - as those you are complaining about; the very fact you're complaining about them is your answer. If you don't like what you have, you don't accept it without trying something different.

I hope, after the election, there are no tirades of complaints from those who choose not to vote, as in doing so you choose nto to have a voice at all.

This is the most ridiculous sentence that anyone can possibly write in relation to an upcoming general election. If you don't vote you are allowing others to determine the outcome - you cannot then rant on as you have been on here if you have had no say in the process. Why do you think we get a vote? Do you think it is our God given right to live in a country that elects its political leaders this way? Or perhaps it was something that people actually fought for, and that we should respect? The sentence quoted is absolutely and intrinsically wrong - any person with any sense makes it their duty to vote, for that's the only way you stand any chance of getting things changed.

Merlin - why should you vote against those in power? If you have to ask that question you're as much a clown - with due respect - as those you are complaining about; the very fact you're complaining about them is your answer. If you don't like what you have, you don't accept it without trying something different.

I hope, after the election, there are no tirades of complaints from those who choose not to vote, as in doing so you choose nto to have a voice at all.

Like i said, i won`t vote because it wouldn`t make any difference. Because whoever gets in will do what they want anyway, regardless of the promises they make.

I`ll not be complaining or ranting on about whoever gets in either. When things get worse and this country slides further down the pan, i`ll just say `I told you so`. Then i`ll blame the people that voted for them for allowing them to do it.

• Like 1

Like i said, i won`t vote because it wouldn`t make any difference. Because whoever gets in will do what they want anyway, regardless of the promises they make.

I`ll not be complaining or ranting on about whoever gets in either. When things get worse and this country slides further down the pan, i`ll just say `I told you so`. Then i`ll blame the people that voted for them for allowing them to do it.

Things will inevitably get worse because that's the way they are already headed. Not only do we have a £850,000,000,000 debt, but we are increasing that debt at nearly £170,000,000,000 a year, and Gordon doesn't plan to stop spending for another four years on the highly mistaken assumption that it will all come right by itself - "the recovery" that you hear mentioned in every other Nu Labour sentence.

He's killed off, frightened off (abroad), and taxed to death any source of revenue that would normally bring about such a recovery. Government simply has to stop borrowing one pound in every four it spends, and it needs to face up to that NOW! You don't get out of debt by taking out another credit card at an even higher rate of interest, or putting off the day of reckoning.

They've been trying to brainwash people by this constant "Global, Global, Global". It's our debt, and Gordon got us into the mess by not saving during the good times - as we used to - to pay for the downturn. His boast he ended Boom and Bust is correct: it's all Bust from now on. sad.gif

We need a responsible Government who will face up to the disaster and slowly drag us out of it. Not one who constantly blames someone else for their own string of mistakes. Every Labour Government in history has ended in a financial disaster, but never on this massive scale!

Whatever their politics it's amazing to me that there are people who can't see through power mad Gordon Brown, who will do or say anything to keep power. By contrast I think Alastair Darling is a pretty honest person who is trying hard to make a difference. But he's a solicitor and not an economist and shouldn't be running the economy. He'd probably make quite a decent Prime Minister if he could get rid of the greasy hangers-on like Milliband, Balls, and Mandleson. Though it was his mistake with Northern Rock (which I pointed out at the time) which started this whole disaster off. But by then Gordon had already planted all the seeds - including (as Malcolm observed at the time) giving away our gold reserves.

So, don't blame the next government for the mistakes of this one. It's going to take a very long time to pay off Gordon's debt mountain. If we don't the pound will tumble and the result will be dire for everyone. You can see just a little of what will happen by following what is now happening to Greece. But our problem is already immensely bigger than theirs; it's simply that at present the markets THINK we can get out of it. Once that confidence goes we are really sunk - and that's the way we are going under power-mad Gordon! sad.gif

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now