Who Will You Vote For?

General Election  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Damn! I like the look of the KLEGGI - but I'm pretty sure that the doors will fall off it in the first few months! laugh.gif

Cympil you and a few others are on about how they will promise you the earth to get a few votes and then nothing materialises. Bearing in mind there is a general erection oops election :lol: :lol: :-

How long have we in the N.East been asking for the A1 to be made dual carriageway? Far too long, the number of deaths on this main route into Scotland is atrocious, well low and behold they are all saying now that if they elected they will dual the A1. Why now :lol: may I ask? Is it to reduce fatalities on this road or is it to grab a few votes from us simpletons(no pun intended :D ). I guarantee that whoever is elected into power the transformation of the A1 will never happen! People THINK God Damn you THINK!

I'm thinking Merlin, and I think that even apart from the safety issue it's pretty atrocious that the principal road between the capital cities of two separate countries is so poor in our area. It's only 400 miles or so. Where in the "first world" are there two major cities so close together with substantial lengths of single lane highway between them?

Those countries must be at war or something! Well they probably are, but it's an economic and political war. Plenty of money can be found to build a politician's palace at the North end of the road, but no money to save lives. Why? Perhaps because there's no desire to help a Scot Nat. led government in England - it doesn't buy any votes.

At least the good people of the North East had the common sense to see through the regional assembly con. - even if the politicians then devised a work-around to frustrate the democratic will. One day that sort of stitch-up won't be quite so easy, and that day isn't too far off!

So do the 0.9% come from Mars? Ahhhhh that must be the percentage of politicians who rule this country :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean the 0.9% over 100% that you get by adding 98.8% + 2.1%?

Remember that not everyone who's born in the UK is white and not everyone in Wansbeck who's white was born in the UK.

But then Bedlington was twinned with Mars for a brief period so you could be right.

You mean the 0.9% over 100% that you get by adding 98.8% + 2.1%?

Remember that not everyone who's born in the UK is white and not everyone in Wansbeck who's white was born in the UK.

But then Bedlington was twinned with Mars for a brief period so you could be right.

A bit like Lavery's summing where a majority turns to a minority just because he doesn't agree with the outcome! :lol: :lol:

If the voting was as fast and furious during the time I was there at 11.30 then the turnout will be 100% I mean I was there and I was there and oh! yes I was there and then I had to evade the huge spiders web at the doorway :rolleyes::unsure:

so are we hung (drawn and quartered)???? scary!! been trying to learn about politics but its canny complex! 2 be honest.... it's hard 2 see who we will be better off with! I come from a long line of labour voters, but they've not done much for my family.low wage n our tax credits gone up a quid a week n that no way covers the extra we pay for rent,council tax,gas n electric,food, school etc.. we never been so worse off! n we are in such a nanny state-teachers (police checked n majority parents) cant comfort a child, if we get burgled or attacked, we cant fight back or we'll be jailed, knife crime... a never ending list! god knows our fate tomorrow..... n god help us either way!!!

• Like 1

so are we hung (drawn and quartered)???? scary!! been trying to learn about politics but its canny complex! 2 be honest.... it's hard 2 see who we will be better off with! I come from a long line of labour voters, but they've not done much for my family.low wage n our tax credits gone up a quid a week n that no way covers the extra we pay for rent,council tax,gas n electric,food, school etc.. we never been so worse off! n we are in such a nanny state-teachers (police checked n majority parents) cant comfort a child, if we get burgled or attacked, we cant fight back or we'll be jailed, knife crime... a never ending list! god knows our fate tomorrow..... n god help us either way!!!

my internet going fruitloop ! sorry the post is repeated!!

Debra you got twitchy post fingers or what :lol: :lol: :lol:

no.... my internet acting really strange!!! was saying unable to send post n saying next minute cannot load page n the next a saw multi posts from me.. am not a pc expert so tried to remove posts that were repeated but.... computer says no!!!!

I was speaking to somebody today who was telling me he was "always going to vote Labour no matter what".

Therein lies the problem I think. I asked the obvious "why" question and they told me they were a believer in not changing principles and that Labour would have done alright if it wasn't for the "Global Recession"

I'll not go into the "global" recession because I have a feeling 3G will have something to say on that.

If we are stupid enough to loudly exclaim a staunch allegiance to one particular party "no matter what" then what incentive do the politicians have to act in this area. They are naturally going to pay more attention to areas in which a few votes will cost them their seat.

Seriously Debra, Thatcher has a lot to answer for she broke the unions, sold everything off to private enterprise, now we are in another Dickensian era, where money men rule bosses can run roughshod over their employees, make more and more massive profits and still not pay decent wages and if you don't like it well leave. The return of the times of the workhouses, debtors prisons and people starving on the streets aren't far off! The money men get richer the poor get poorer, even more so if Cam the 'Man' gets into power. Think of Scrooge and you'll get the gist!

They(Tories) say that they will make the people on benefits work for their money! Where is he going to find 2.5 million jobs? And if he can why can't a decent wage be paid for doing this work? Also say, if I employ say 10 people at say a dustbin mans wages, why as an employer should I pay this if I could end their contracts and get 10 people off the dole to do their work and pay them NO wages as the Government would pay them to do the work for their dole money, costing me nothing, but still getting the work done and more profit for me! Thus increasing the dole figures as every employer with one Iota of sense will lay off his entire workforce then get their workforce off the dole and get the government to pay their wages. Good eh!

Edited by Merlin

Seriously Debra, Thatcher has a lot to answer for she broke the unions, sold everything off to private enterprise, now we are in another Dickensian era, where money men rule bosses can run roughshod over their employees, make more and more massive profits and still not pay decent wages and if you don't like it well leave. The return of the times of the workhouses, debtors prisons and people starving on the streets aren't far off! The money men get richer the poor get poorer, even more so if Cam the 'Man' gets into power. Think of Scrooge and you'll get the gist!

Yep, I hear the bowler hat and monocle wearers are busy oiling the mincers ready to start pushing homeless and unemployed people through them too.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now