Pitt Records?

I posted a question a few days ago about Storey's Buildings in Choppington/ Guidepost and have some great replies... so, thanks if you did reply!!

I thought I would give it another shot. I am researching my family history and all of next generation and the one before that were miners. Some in Bedlington area some beyond.

Do records of workers in the various mines exist anywhere online?

http://www.dmm.org.uk/mindex.htm is the best on-line info.

I did have access to a lot of the Doctor Pit records from way back in the 18th century, but fool me let them get out of my sight for some years! I've no idea who they were given to, or where they are now. blink.gif

BTW I'm sure we will collectively get you a precise answer to the Storey's Buildings one; but these things can take time - sometimes years!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I posted a question a few days ago about Storey's Buildings in Choppington/ Guidepost and have some great replies... so, thanks if you did reply!!

I thought I would give it another shot. I am researching my family history and all of next generation and the one before that were miners. Some in Bedlington area some beyond.

Do records of workers in the various mines exist anywhere online?

The records will help you on the employment issue. The job, training for jobs at the pit ie face training. when started and finished. sadly if they had an accident or died. If the latter, i maybe able to help you.

take care m8

http://www.dmm.org.uk/mindex.htm is the best on-line info.

I did have access to a lot of the Doctor Pit records from way back in the 18th century, but fool me let them get out of my sight for some years! I've no idea who they were given to, or where they are now. blink.gif

BTW I'm sure we will collectively get you a precise answer to the Storey's Buildings one; but these things can take time - sometimes years!

We were offered Dr. Pit records for huge money about 5 years ago. Did not have the capital required to purchase them.

Send private mail ill give you details.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now