Dog Fouling

toffo

Place is rapidly becoming a hazard area!!! and for those who do "bag" it, why can't you take it home rather than throwing it in a bush or overflowing a litter bin to the point of it being on view as you walk past!!

• Like 2

nowt rang with leaving where it drops! rather than bagging it in a plastic bag that wont decompose for decades and then slinging it into a tree! :angry:

Use a Tesco carrier bag, apparently they're now biodegradable and rot after a couple of months.

A while ago, before I learnt this, I put on a coat and took out an old carrier bag from one of the pockets. The bag had rotted and crumbled into powder in my hands - I thought it was due to mice. :)

I don't think this is one of those specifically "Bedlington things" that the LIke/Loate forum is for. It's a problem (or an overstated problem, depending on your point of view) just about anywhere, and particularly in a country with over 10 million dogs.

It is could however be a community issue. In which case that's where it should go, together with the exact details of the places where it has been noted to be a significant problem. As a general discussion it would be best put in ToTT.

I'm a bit like Monsta here and think that there must be a more organic solutions for organic things than permanently polluting plastic bags and pooper scoopers.

It is could however be a community issue. In which case that's where it should go, together with the exact details of the places where it has been noted to be a significant problem. As a general discussion it would be best put in ToTT.

I'm a bit like Monsta here and think that there must be a more organic solutions for organic things than permanently polluting plastic bags and pooper scoopers.

probably right on the Community Issue threegee the place in particular is Hazelmere Estate, dog crap on virtually every pavement and grassed area, even though the signage thats up in the odd place states its an offence!!As for going organic why can't the owners stick it all in a bag take it home and let it rot on their gardens?

As for going organic why can't the owners stick it all in a bag take it home and let it rot on their gardens?

Most dog training things I've read and trainers I've talked to advocate training your dog to go in the garden before you take them for a walk.Unfortunately a lot of owners think that is the purpose of the walk and do the opposite and bring them home as soon as they've "been".

The woods around the Black Bridge area used to be terrible for this - there was more dog !*!@# swinging from the trees than there was lying on the ground. It was like a competition of who can hook it the highest.

I just don't understand the mentality of the people who go to the bother of taking bags with them on their walk, who pick the stuff up but then can't be bothered to bin it properly.

It made the whole place smell foul and look filthy. Otherwise it could have been a nice area.

The woods around the Black Bridge area used to be terrible for this - there was more dog !*!@# swinging from the trees than there was lying on the ground. It was like a competition of who can hook it the highest.

I just don't understand the mentality of the people who go to the bother of taking bags with them on their walk, who pick the stuff up but then can't be bothered to bin it properly.

It made the whole place smell foul and look filthy. Otherwise it could have been a nice area.

Maybe it was a competition, but not by the dog owners. Perhaps they put it in the bin, which is then emptied by youths who fling it up trees.

I've seen it happen in Blyth just last month.

I have dogs and yes I do put it in bags and yes I do put in bins, however there is a distinct lack of proper dog litter bins where folks can put the bags in to consequentaly that is why it gets put in to ordinary rubbish bins (OR taken home). and because a lot of the ordinary rubbish bins do,nt get emptied as often as they used to that is why they are overflowing just another cut back from our wonderful council officials.

Oh and bytheway Toffo I presume when a load of folks out riding there horses come wondering past your abode and the horses decide to do what comes naturaly will you be winging on about them or is this acceptable OR should they be asked to "bag it"

Oh Dear, Oh dear, Oh Dear ... shock, horror, scandal!

Isn't this thread in danger of justifying monsta's other views?

Just because you talk crap (literally) on this one and people agree monsta that doesn't mean......... ;)

Adolf loved dogs (& fit young men in leather shorts) but, apart from the terrified millions under his heal, countless more millions were violenly opposed to his views. I think we can draw together our current situation with the one I've just outlined. Most of what Monsta® has posted I disagree with (I think that most of 'polite society' would share my view) but I am with him (and have posted support)on two absolutely, and fundamentally, critical issues. Namely, the right of dogs to crap and their turds to be left to add goodness to the environment, but even more important than that ... our support for the Toon.

Records will also show that I defended Monsta®'s right to post here when many wanted to ban/censor him for his [add your own adjective here] opinions.

I have a solution to sizsell's horse apple problem ... let the dogs gobble it up. My dog has been known to tuck-in to a steaming pile; recycling in it's purest form :)

• Like 2

Sym,

I too would defend the monsta right of free speech, I just didn't want him inundating us with BNP propaganda! :blink:

Isn't the real problem down to the modern diet of our dogs? In the old days letting your cur munch on bones produced something which at least could be handled, these days and with modern pet dietary products the end results are quite often less solid and more liquefied leading to a reticent by even the most respectful owners to handle said matter.

As for equine faeces better watch out for those amazingly fast fungal explosions as identified by the Hamster, they could take your eye out!

Place is rapidly becoming a hazard area!!! and for those who do "bag" it, why can't you take it home rather than throwing it in a bush or overflowing a litter bin to the point of it being on view as you walk past!!

Hang on.... At least if people are putting it in the bin, then it's not alover the street??? come on you can't have it all ways????

I have a solution to sizsell's horse apple problem ... let the dogs gobble it up. My dog has been known to tuck-in to a steaming pile; recycling in it's purest form :)

I hav,nt got a problem with horses or dogs for that matter I was looking at Toffo,s problem from a wider view ;)

I hav,nt got a problem with horses or dogs for that matter I was looking at Toffo,s problem from a wider view ;)

Sizsells

I don't have a problem with either horses or dogs, I have a problem with having to try my best not to stand in it, whilst out with my 7 year old, also the fact she can't play on grassed areas on our estate due to a few irresponsible owners, or the fact that we can't place rubbish in the 3 new bins that have appeared at the entrance to our estate becasue they are full of crap bags!

As for the "horse" comment, I do beleive that any being dropped from anything in a public place should be cleaned up regardless of what it came from.

why can't you use your garden as explained by Fourgee & to quote The Kennel Club:

Puppy Toilet Training

Fortunately, puppies are creatures of habit, so as long as you introduce the garden to your puppy as its toilet area early on, you should be able to avoid most of the common pitfalls.

Teaching your puppy to toilet out on a walk

Many owners appear disappointed that their young puppy will not toilet when out on a walk, yet relieves itself the second it gets back home. This is because the puppy has been taught to toilet only at home (hopefully in its garden), and being creatures of habit, they often wait until they have returned home before evacuating their bladder and/ or bowels.

Sizsells

I don't have a problem with either horses or dogs, I have a problem with having to try my best not to stand in it, whilst out with my 7 year old, also the fact she can't play on grassed areas on our estate due to a few irresponsible owners, or the fact that we can't place rubbish in the 3 new bins that have appeared at the entrance to our estate becasue they are full of crap bags!

It's not the dog owners you need to get at. it's the council. They should be coming to empty the bins. If dog owner are seen to be leaving dog mess on the floor they will be fined £1000, so as a dog owner YES I will be picking it up putting it in the rubbish bin.

It's not the dog owners you need to get at. it's the council. They should be coming to empty the bins. If dog owner are seen to be leaving dog mess on the floor they will be fined £1000, so as a dog owner YES I will be picking it up putting it in the rubbish bin.

Stephen,

when was the last time you heard of anyone being fined for not picking up dog mess? As said in my post it's irresponsible owners who need to start taking responsibility for actions that cause problems for others, not the council. The 3 bins at the entrance are clearly marked with "litter logos", why should a person who wants to use a litter bin be faced with bag fulls of faeces or a council worker who is expecting to empty a litter bin be faced with it without the correct means to protect him / herself? It's a known and proven fact that dog faeces carries bacteria that can cause serious health implications particulary in children.

Also as stated in previous post's the recognised world leaders in dog welfare advise that a dog should be trained to use a garden not whilst out walking.

Stephen,

when was the last time you heard of anyone being fined for not picking up dog mess? As said in my post it's irresponsible owners who need to start taking responsibility for actions that cause problems for others, not the council. The 3 bins at the entrance are clearly marked with "litter logos", why should a person who wants to use a litter bin be faced with bag fulls of faeces or a council worker who is expecting to empty a litter bin be faced with it without the correct means to protect him / herself? It's a known and proven fact that dog faeces carries bacteria that can cause serious health implications particulary in children.

Also as stated in previous post's the recognised world leaders in dog welfare advise that a dog should be trained to use a garden not whilst out walking.

so no more making mr hankies youngins! :lol: kids should have classes at school on not playin with !*!@#! :lol:

and why should i train me dog to !*!@# in me flower bed? thats what the council roses are for!

i do agree with the use of rubbish bins for rubbish only people who pick up dog !*!@# should either tek it home or put it in a !*!@# bin like the ones down the woods! :D or just leave it where it drops!

Sizsells

As for the "horse" comment, I do beleive that any being dropped from anything in a public place should be cleaned up regardless of what it came from.

why can't you use your garden as explained by Fourgee & to quote The Kennel Club:

I presume you don,t think your the ONLY person who has/had children ? been there done that etc etc I also said MORE bins should be provided for the appropriate use thereof and put in the correct place ie where folks walk dogs and responsible owners act responsibly and they are emptied regularily so they dont spill over .

I would like to know how you would propose to police the horse mess which litters the station and areas where folks ride out, on the grass too I hasten to add... other generations have had to put up with dog/ horse mess its not a new problem and btw I don,t condone lazy dog owners.... do you have dogs?

And with regards to your/and others comment about dog training I did say I pick there mess up and there mess is ALSO picked up from my garden where my dogs do "go".

Oh for a utopian world :rolleyes:

sizsells,

aaah a utopian world that would be nice, :rolleyes: I do beleive as previously stated that irresponsible owners should be made responsible for actions that affect others regardless!

All I want to do is to walk down a street without standing in crap and not to have the risk of putting my hands into overflowing bins filled with bags of faeces, therefore I agree with your comment about appropiate bins, however this seems to be a lot to ask judging by the response on here :blink: to answer your question i'm not a dog owner neither am I a dog hater.

AS for previous generations the dog ownership of britain has exploded with estimates in excess of 6 million therefore exaspirating the problem. I am also in favour of people being prosecuted for breaching dog fouling laws.

As for horses, theres an easy solution see here: :lol::lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6058888.stm

But yet you would still complain if it was left on the ground??? There is no pleasin some people???

"It's a known and proven fact that dog faeces carries bacteria that can cause serious health implications"

This my be true, but so is the rotting food and broken glass and all of the other things that are put into a rubbish bin???

"world leaders in dog welfare advise that a dog should be trained to use a garden not whilst out walking."

So sould kids, they should be trained to go at home and not next to an open car door at the side of a road or car park??? but it still happens????

Edited by Stephen Marshall

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now