Why Don't You Use.....x......?

In a slight change from the other ongoing discussions of why haven't we got.....x......? I thought I'd post a topic to try and find out reasons why people might not use some of the facilities we do have.

Maybe you go to Asda for your shopping instead of the more local Tesco? what's the reason for that? Is it simply price? choice? or is there something else? Is this the same reason that other retailers in the town don't get your business if you choose to shop elsewhere? What should local retailers be doing to change this?

Why do you not use the community centre? or maybe the library? the park?

thoughts?

• Like 1

I go to Tesco and Netto as I don't drive. I do have to travel every week or so for things I can't buy in these stores. The trouble with Tesco is, they get stuff in you use and then they delete it! you ask and they say they will get it back in...it scarecly happens! I don't think Asda pans out any cheaper than Tesco or Netto - it's just the lack of variety!The library could do with an update, and what goes on in the community centre? we never hear of anything? And my kids use the parks!

• Like 3

Last night I was speaking to a couple who moved here a few months ago and they didn't even know Dr. Pitt park existed.

What do people think of having a large scale town map in the Market Place? it could point these places out to visitors. It's something that should be quite low cost and shouldn't attract too much red tape.

• Like 3

... The trouble with Tesco is, they get stuff in you use and then they delete it! you ask and they say they will get it back in...it scarecly happens! I don't think Asda pans out any cheaper than Tesco or Netto - it's just the lack of variety!The library could do with an update, and what goes on in the community centre? we never hear of anything? And my kids use the parks!

This is good! This is positive negativity! I can feel a "Are you listening to your customers, or are you a Dinosaur?" ...feature coming on.

I've heard more or less the same about Asda-Tesco from Mrs threegee - so it must be true! wink.gif Maybe Tesco is ahead of the game and is now in the process of fixing this?

Library? Well... silly jobsworths I think. Here we are lobbying like hell to save their arses, and when we ask them to stick a couple of little Bedlington.co.uk flyers up by the computers we are told they "don't do that sort of thing"! If they aren't there for the very community that pays their wages what exactly are they there for? Maybe what we should be lobbying for is a change in management? mad.gif

• Like 3

Last night I was speaking to a couple who moved here a few months ago and they didn't even know Dr. Pitt park existed.

What do people think of having a large scale town map in the Market Place? it could point these places out to visitors. It's something that should be quite low cost and shouldn't attract too much red tape.

Thats a great idea to have a large scale town map in the Market Place. All communities that wish to point visitors to points of interest have them as it encourages visitors to stay and hopefully spend some money.

• Like 1

Maybe you go to Asda for your shopping instead of the more local Tesco? what's the reason for that? Is it simply price? choice? or is there

The Mega BreakFast at ASDA is to die for... literally.

dsc00379.jpg

Not quite GGGG!

Already looking into getting a town map and the costs......about the same as a decent second hand car! As for red tape already hit it! :wub:

Well, no map because our council think screws cost £100 each, and each turn of the screwdriver is a fiver. so why not try and do something on here?

like a google maps thing, where we as users can add content (moderated of course, pointers to "the local tart's house" can be deleted before they appear :rolleyes: ) and a simple rollover of the mouse (or click) will open up a small information box with perhaps a small thumbnail picture?

Much better than a 2d map in the market place that will be outdated as soon as they replace the market square again :blink:

why do we need a map its a straight road? :huh: its not exactly the metro centre! :lol:

I'm talking about a Town map not just a Front Street Map. Humford/Plessey Woods, Iron Works, Atlee Park, Dr Pit Park, Health Centre, Library, Comunity/Tourist information centre etc.

so why not try and do something on here?

I was going to do a "shopping directory" to replace the hopeless business directory we have at the moment. A map would be a good idea for that I think too.Will see what I can do.

• Like 1

Dont use the local shops that much as lack of choice also once on the front street the only place you have to have a break is a small often packed overpriced cafe, as for the Commuity Centre when is it open? it always seems to be in darkness??

• 2 weeks later...

I sometimes use the local Tesco's if I need one or two things, otherwise I do my weekly shop at the Tesco in Kingston Park, just because there's a lot more choice, less chavs - and I don't have to wait in long ques (Asda ).

I visit the library about two or three times a year but Bedlington library never seem to have what I'm looking for.

We do have some nice outdoor spaces in Bedlington - like Plessey Woods. I agree that a map in the town centre could be a good idea.

Do we have an official town notice board anywhere?

Not quite GGGG!

Already looking into getting a town map and the costs......about the same as a decent second hand car! As for red tape already hit it! :wub:

A lot of town and parish councils have them, so we may have a way through some of the red tape. And at least two of us on WBTC think a town map/notice board in the market place would be a good idea.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now