Brand-Spankin'-New Classifieds!

I've just finished installing the new classifieds section. This should be a huge improvement over the previous software and adverts are now more closely integrated with users accounts.

Unfortunately some of the ads from the old system will not be available as I couldn't work out who some of them belonged to. If your ad is no longer appearing send me a pm and I'll move it over for you.

Don't forget to post pictures with your ads. Pictures have been proven to vastly improve the chances of items selling.

What modest Andy isn't saying is that he wrote - and is continuing to develop - the software that powers the new classified section. He's been working on it for months, and has lost count of the hours expended.

There's already a number of other websites worldwide lined-up to deploy this feature themselves, but Bedlington gets first crack of the whip. So come on Bedlingtonians and get your chattels listed for free! Shame on us if other communities make more use of OUR software than we do ourselves!

There's been a bit of a discontinuity converting from the old classifieds, as the old software (not written by Andy) lacks - amongst other things - a proper tie-in with your Bedlington.co.uk membership. So some of the member names on some of the current ads are guesswork, and so you may need to either repost your advert, or ask a moderator to do a correction. This tiny problem will work itself through before too long.

What you currently see is only the start of a regional advertising network. By supporting this free service with a little of your time, not only will you move your surplus goodies at zero cost (and far less hassle than auction sites), you'll be in at the very start of what will eventually become a feature of countless other people's lives.

------------------

REMEMBER THAT PICTURES SELL THINGS! There's no charge to post as many pictures as are reasonable. So get that phone or digital camera snapping. If you have problems uploading pictures then we want to know AND WANT TO HELP YOU. PM us; post on the board; use the contact form; send a message by carrier pigeon, or open your bedroom window and shout! We need to know how things can be further simplified, we need to know about any problems you are having, and you need those pictures in your ads!

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10911] Too much time has elapsed for you to edit this item.

is what i'm getting when i hit edit. am i doing it wrong?

• 2 months later...

Real soon, but Andy is very occupied at the moment, what with the new job (not entirely unrelated to the issue at hand ;) ), putting a new car on the road, and supporting paying customers!

We are also bringing up a new UK server at the mo. - which might just be the one tasked to handle the forthcoming YOURNAME@bedlington.co.uk e-mail service. :D

• 2 months later...

I updated classifieds with the latest software build last night. New features include;