Bedlington Terrier

bedlington

Just what the World needs - YABTWS (Yet Another Bedlington Terrier Website)! :lol: Did you see the new strap line before you posted?

Anyway I do hope your web site will educate owners not to call the breed "Bedlingtons" - we get rather sick of people referring to their Bedlington. It's OUR Bedlington and it doesn't have four legs! :)

Ello all, Just wondering if any of you folks have a Bedlington Terrier?

Human Count: circa 30K (Slumber Hours, that is!)

Canine Count: Several thousand.

Sheep Count: Verging on 0 (Unless you count the butcher's.)

Therefore, there's not a pressing need for the average Bedlingtonian to keep a tame mutton chaser. Consequently, you can walk around the place for days and see almost every breed but! A great disappointment to tourists, I know. Total lack of enterprise us not having somewhere for the huge number of Bedlington Terrier owners worldwide to visit, and somewhere to spend some money before they quickly exit!

Where else on Earth would pass up such a tourist revenue opportunity? Well - I'll tell you where - the completely unsung Town that invented the railways that now span the Earth, and for good measure was also the birthplace of the guy who engineered the very first transcontinental communications cable. Both of the inventions which have completely transformed the World over the last century and a half. There is, of course, a well-visited museum to these great engineering achievements. Err... no!

So.. welcome to the Town that's had it's identity stolen in more ways than one. The famous Town which is head and shoulders over very other Town in the World in the total and utter lack of enterprise stakes!

Who is to blame for this? Well, it's a long story, and not too many people come out Persil white. Maybe I will get around to documenting a bit of it before too long.

Anyway, wishing you every success with your new web site. You'll doubtless be giving us a link, now that you've placed one here for yourself. :D

[

Where else on Earth would pass up such a tourist revenue opportunity? Well - I'll tell you where - the completely unsung Town that invented the railways that now span the Earth, and for good measure was also the birthplace on the guy who engineered the very first transcontinental communications cable. Both of the inventions which have completely transformed the World over the last century and a half. There is, of course, a well-visited museum to these great engineering achievements. Err... no!

So.. welcome to the Town that's had it's identity stolen in more ways than one. The famous Town which is head and shoulders over very other Town in the World in the total and utter lack of enterprise stakes!

Who is to blame for this? Well, it's a long story, and not too many people come out Persil white. Maybe I will get around to documenting a bit of it before too long.

Like that one Threegee!

Couple more for the pot;

Documented history from around 900AD.

Links to the spread of christanity.

"Shire" status awarded. (Maybe someone can dig out when, where and why?)

"Invented" iron rail tracks.

Built most of the first steam locos.

Sir Danial Gouch.

"Chartist" movement.

First penny black posted here.

All in all a rich tapistry of history, certainly during the early part of the industrial revolution of the country, and as you say worthy of at least a visitor centre celebrating a World Heritage site! :D

Just what the World needs - YABTWS (Yet Another Bedlington Terrier Website)! :lol: Did you see the new strap line before you posted?

Anyway I do hope your web site will educate owners not to call the breed "Bedlingtons" - we get rather sick of people referring to their Bedlington. It's OUR Bedlington and it doesn't have four legs! :)

Human Count: circa 30K (Slumber Hours, that is!)

Canine Count: Several thousand.

Sheep Count: Verging on 0 (Unless you count the butcher's.)

Therefore, there's not a pressing need for the average Bedlingtonian to keep a tame mutton chaser. Consequently, you can walk around the place for days and see almost every breed but! A great disappointment to tourists, I know. Total lack of enterprise us not having somewhere for the huge number of Bedlington Terrier owners worldwide to visit, and somewhere to spend some money before they quickly exit!

Where else on Earth would pass up such a tourist revenue opportunity? Well - I'll tell you where - the completely unsung Town that invented the railways that now span the Earth, and for good measure was also the birthplace on the guy who engineered the very first transcontinental communications cable. Both of the inventions which have completely transformed the World over the last century and a half. There is, of course, a well-visited museum to these great engineering achievements. Err... no!

Anyway, wishing you every success with your new web site. You'll doubtless be giving us a link, now that you've placed one here for yourself. :D

Your right Threegee, Bedlington could be a thriving gold mine with the tills ringing to the sound of dollors and other curencies but as you say there are no Holiday inns in Bedlington, last time I check the web there wasent even bed and breakfast gust house advertised.

It's sad but with the right initiative and investment Bedlington could rise from the ashes, the dog alone has given it a world wide name.

One Bedlingtonian you forgot was Anne Ogle Victorian novelist but I can not find much information about her.

If one were to believe Wikipedia, there isn't that much more than terriers to Bedlington.

:mellow:

Then the Wikipedia entry must have been written by someone from Ashington! :lol:

Well.. it would be funny if it wasn't so near the truth! :mellow:

Bedlington Terriers are crap dogs. And that's official.

i saw one yesterday, outside the football ground.... went to get my phone o take a pic, and the phone is gone! (damn you miss darn!!!)

but, in its place, it a creditless pay as you go camera phone!! i quickly navagate to the photo section, opened the application, aimed...... battery died.

just not ment to get a picture i suppose!!!

i saw one yesterday, outside the football ground.... went to get my phone o take a pic, and the phone is gone! (damn you miss darn!!!)

but, in its place, it a creditless pay as you go camera phone!! i quickly navagate to the photo section, opened the application, aimed...... battery died.

just not ment to get a picture i suppose!!!

I suspect Mrs Darn has made the battery go flat; texting pictures to her army of internet lovers.

They like em in Hongkong they go great with chips and brown sauce

On the subject of strange foods I went to a shop in Jesmond this lunchtime and they were selling squirrels. However, the food fascists have been in, as a sign underneath read 'Caution - may contain nuts'.