Save Bedlington

debrad65

Was thinking about plantation site and perhaps it's too densely planted for paintball. Maybe a quasar type setup would be better and limit the insurance liability. On it's own I'm not sure it would work but maybe combined with other things? It could offer various "team building" activities. There may be funding available if it went that route. Perhaps a candidate to come under a development trust umbrella? It should compliment other trust ventures nicely.

I'm not sure if it was official, but the Army Cadets used to come from Blyth, Cramlington and Morpeth to the Bedlington cadet hut, so we could go on excersise in the planters. I'm not sure how relevant that is, perhaps as a "they did it so can we?".

Just throwing ideas into the mix, no matter how small.

Lets see if we can get the ball rolling on this one, I know ASDA has a small pot of funds to help the local community as part of its "we're listening" policy, perhaps Tesco do too, and could assist a little financially??

If we can get an outline proposal, i'm willing to talk to the powers that be at ASDA.

Yeah, i see your point re: litter.

As for the fat content, it cant be as bad as a curry or pizza surely!

It's the saturated fats that are bad for you. Watch out for the mayonnaise too! Far too much salt in most commercial products, and when that salt is combined with sugar... !!!!!

Saturated fats play the single greatest role in raising blood cholesterol and putting us at greater risk for heart disease.

McLitter should be taxed. Appalling, and seems to go with many of the "convenience" food customers who patronise McD's. I've found McD's very poor value for money, and the WiFi at the two I tried (different countries) was crap!

Curry can be good for you - depends on what you are currying I think. Pizzas aren't intrinsically unhealthy; again depends on exactly what they contain.

Won't work! Its a public right of way. Sorry. The implications of public safety are horrendous :(

the one at crammy is a on a right of way to the opencast as long as the place is fenced off properly like delta force cant see any problems biggrin.gif i think the public insurance is not to bad either it comes under sports activities unlike motocross

heres a link for insurance

We have set up a Save Bedlington Facebook group as we are sick of Bedlington having nothing - no shops, nowhere for the kids to go etc..Pubs, banks, building societies - all deserting Bedlington. It's going to become a ghost town if we don't do something about it. We have a lovely community. A safe place to live. We deserve facilities to meet our needs.

All that money spent on the Market Place and for what? It's surrounded by empty buildings for a start.The Market being on there isn't happening (well, let's face it, no stalls come anyway)...and what's happening with Tesco's? Is it still going to expand?

When the Christmas light's were switched on, what a turn-out! The community got together and had a great time(probably as it's been the only event to happen, but never mind).The teens had a good night listening to the school's bands (and I think live bands should be a regular thing!). There was no trouble. It just proved how Bedlington has great community spirit!

Lots of people have opinions on why they are unhappy about Bedlington, what they want for Bedlington etc.. That's why we need to get together and make sure our voices are heard.If you care about Bedlington, please support us. Either join our Facebook group and leave your comments/opinions/ideas etc.., or have your say by e-mailing us at savebedlington@hotmail.co.uk.We can't make our MP's/councillors/council listen unless we bombard them with our opinions! THANKS

Having had a read through of arguments for and against, I am in complete agreement with you, we need to get Bedlington a source of community spirit and sense of direction. There are too many empty buildings maybe awaiting the consumption by a conglomerate to swallow the town on the name of providing jobs, but are these jobs what the townsfolk want ?? or is the said corporation wanting to swamp the region with it's own brand products ?? In the name of fairness I am pleased to see a major name come in and promise much needed jobs but at the cost of localised business acumen and indivualism ? We have already seen the banks and building societies metaphorically stick up their hands and leave, only HSBC and TSB left, how long till they ride the last stagecoach out of town ??

Pubs are changing hands faster than hooky tobacco and spirits with constant changing of hands.At the suggestion of an internet based cafe idea, I myself mooted the idea then I realised, how many of you are reading this from home on a 'free' broadband connection as part of your telephone package or mobile deal supping coffe bought from the major player in the central market place ?? Would have to sell a lot of coffee to break even...

Please excuse any nonsense, as Mr Smirnoff has taken over my fingers and brain :)

Mr Smirnoff might have taken over Andy but you have identified several points which have to be considered. If the town is to develop, in the right way (!), there has to be a cohesive resurgence of community spirit with everyone willing to play whatever part they can. As with any venture there are lots of people willing to tell why something cannot happen, not many able to come up with the ideas needed of course! One thing is for sure in this day and age any schemes HAVE to be able to wash their own face, financially, and there in lies the rub!

BTW, it only looks like nothing is happening at the moment, there is a lot in the pipeline and some of it might actually work out! Climbing wall possibility already been talked about but that depends on other initiatives succeeding and the doubters seem to have sway at the moment!

Keep the ideas coming or better still get along to the community forums and float the ideas there, at least everyone will get to know what some people are trying to do for the town. We can either sit back and watch the place putrefy or we can stand up and fight for what we believe we deserve.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now