Accolade Brasserie, Bedlington

Hmmm.... Let's think.

In one camp we appear to have the Clampetts and in the other camp we have some obviously educated, intelligent, discerning, decent, open-minded and forward-thinking people who are probably in decent jobs and making a decent living.

I wonder which group are going to dig Bedlington out of the hole it's in?

My money's on the latter.

On the subject of restaurant prices, have you seen the number of BMW's, Audi's, Jags, and Range Rovers in Bedlington lately?

I know there are a lot of professional families living in Bedlington, but spending an absolute fortune in the likes of Morpeth and Newcastle every weekend, as a result of I believe there is a MASSIVE pent up demand for decent places to eat, drink and shop in Bedlington.

Nice to see you introduced yourself! I think this is an oversight on your part as you are so used to posting you forgot the need to eh! I also think rather than using tomato ketchup on your food you prefer HP sauce :rolleyes::unsure::blink:

Why is everyone getting upset simply because a handful of people suggested that Accolade is expensive?

As far as I've read, no one has said anything about there being no need for Accolade, or that it shouldn't be in Bedlington.

Suggesting that businesses fail because certain people (non-customers in this case) find them expensive is absurd. The people who find places like Accolade expensive are obviously not the intended target audience of the business in the first place so what does it matter?

Incidentally, I think the residents of Bedlington have a right to have the opinion that their town is down-trodden. If so many people think that the town is down-trodden – who knows, maybe it's because it is.

But having the opinion that the town isn't up to much won't stop anyone using any of the businesses up the front street if their services are needed. Businesses fail because of their own mistakes – not because of the opinion local residents have of their town.

TheLedge:

I don't think much of the food served at the Ridge Farm but I certainly don't think that I'm better than anyone else who eats there. I've also eaten at a few expensive restaurants that haven't been nearly as nice as some smaller, cheaper restaurants, so forget the idea that more expensive food means better food.

The fact that you mark people's intelligence on how much money they are willing to spend on a starter shows a distinct lack of it on your side.

Let's just accept that everyone is different.

Blank

Please stop putting words in my mouth.

I never once mentioned the price of a starter being connected in any way to someone's intelligence. The intellectual level of the people on this forum can be clearly measured by the value and quality of their comments, not by how much they're prepared to spend on a starter. I just get fed-up with the defeatist attitudes that exist around here.

I've never been to the Accolade Brasserie but from what people have said on this fourm thread I think I'll be paying them a visit sometime in the near future, as I feel we should be supporting our local businesses wherever possible, rather than bad mouth them - heaven knows, there are few enough of them to begin with, without people criticising the ones we've got.

It's time that the people of Bedlington woke up to the fact that there's a world that exists beyond it's boundaries and it's a world where people are able to change things for the better if they're prepared to get off their backsides and do something about it, instead of harping back to the threadbare "ah yes, but this is Bedlington" whinge.

Edited by Theledge
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

On a serious note I have been to accolade on 2 occasions.

First time the food was edible but nothing special and the starter was really bad value for money, not because it was over a fiver but because it was poor quality duck and hardly any salad.

On the second occasion the starter was ok, nothing memorable as I can't even remember it. But the main course was horrible. Not edible really. (Chewy steak.) I won't be hurrying back.

I'm not dissing people trying to make a go of a business in Bedlington, fair play to them. I just can't see what the fuss is about for this average at best restaurant. If there was more competition in bedlington people wouldn't settle for hitty/missy quality.

I would recommend going to Ashianna to anybody wishing to eat out in Bedlington.

Edited by Ms Hair
  • Like 2

At last a real review! :rolleyes:

Of course, what you really mean is 'at last, someone who didn't like it'. Went there for there new menu last week, £6.50 for a choice of bloody good food that puts the Ridge carvery to shame. £6.50 - that's a couple of quid more than a donner.

Ms Hair - did you tell them you weren't satisfied, or did you just walk away and leave it at that? If the latter, why? If the former, what was the response (that, Monsta, would be a 'real review....')

(that, Monsta, would be a 'real review....')

That would be because its alot more believable than yours, no resturant is that good! even if i went to a 3 star posh joint there would be at least one thing that i wasn't completely happy with. ;)

That would be because its alot more believable than yours, no resturant is that good! even if i went to a 3 star posh joint there would be at least one thing that i wasn't completely happy with. ;)

What an odd response! Of course, Monsta being Monsta you would have to find a poor review more 'believable' than a good one, because that's how you want it to be, isn't it? As it happens, I wasn't even aware i'd posted a 'review', but I have recommended the place on the basis of having eaten good, well priced quality food there. Quite why you should choose to believe one, and not the other, is actually very curious indeed.

Furthermore, I have no reason to disbelieve Ms Hair, for she has no reason not to tell the truth; as you point out, no establishment - of any kind - is perfect (much to your lifelong chagrin, I fear) and there will be those who have a bad experience. I'm interested to know what she chose to do about it, for had it been me I would not have hesitated to complain, just as I have in other places. So far I have had no reason to complain about anything at Accolade, but I don't recall ever having said it's 100% absolutely spot on perfect.

Perhaps you should try it, and make your own mind up, rather than choosing to listen to others? It can't be that much of a push for you to spend £6.50 on a decent meal one night. Seriously, I - and i'm sure others - would dearly love to hear what you think of it, that's you, yourself, Monsta, after all. In fact, lets all have a whip round and pay for Monsta to have a meal there.....

It can't be that much of a push for you to spend £6.50 on a decent meal one night.

what exactly would i get for £6.50? seeing starters cost a fiver. would that be a prawn cocktail and half a coke! :lol:

or is a curry from a tin and packet of uncle bens microwave rice! :lol:

post-693-12737590638751_thumb.jpg

heres the menu!

post-693-12737594144809_thumb.jpg

so apart from starters and cheese you cant actually get anything for 6.50? :lol:

There is a downside to trying to be clever that often returns and bites you on the !*!@# . Have a look in the window and you'll see a bloody big notice advertising a new 'Traditional English Menu' with all meals at £6.50, running alongside the one you kindly reproduce. I'll not bother to tell you what's on it as you're clearly able to read, but it's more than starters and cheese - 'lol'.

Really, I wonder, is it your aim in life to simply put down everything anyone does in Bedlington? maybe you're jealous because you've done nothing of any worth in your life other than exist in a town that you clearly hate? What is it? Your whole demeanour reeks of someone who is quite content to fester away in a life that is giving you nothing and clearly not satisfying you; why, I wonder?

Seriously, everything I read from you on here is either a snipe at someone else or an ill-informed judgement that shouts of you being a bit pissed off with everything - anything we can do to help? (again - 'lol')

There is a downside to trying to be clever that often returns and bites you on the !*!@# . Have a look in the window and you'll see a bloody big notice advertising a new 'Traditional English Menu' with all meals at £6.50, running alongside the one you kindly reproduce. I'll not bother to tell you what's on it as you're clearly able to read, but it's more than starters and cheese - 'lol'.

well if its gone DOWN to 6.50 a meal that must be because its a load of bollicks! nuff said! :lol:

Really, I wonder, is it your aim in life to simply put down everything anyone does in Bedlington? maybe you're jealous because you've done nothing of any worth in your life other than exist in a town that you clearly hate? What is it? Your whole demeanour reeks of someone who is quite content to fester away in a life that is giving you nothing and clearly not satisfying you; why, I wonder?

no i love bedlington its just a shame you live here :lol:

Seriously, everything I read from you on here is either a snipe at someone else or an ill-informed judgement that shouts of you being a bit pissed off with everything - anything we can do to help? (again - 'lol')

yup walk blind folded up the spine road! :lol:

• Like 1

well if its gone DOWN to 6.50 a meal that must be because its a load of bollicks! nuff said! :lol:

Again, trying to be clever comes back and bites you in the !*!@# ; it hasn't gone down at all, it's an additional menu that runs alongside the standard one, perhaps in recognition of those peiople who consider that one to be more than they wish to pay.

no i love bedlington its just a shame you live here :lol:

Now that's not fair - i'm asking you a serious question and you respond by stating the town is tainted by someone you don't even know! It's a fair point - the vast majority of your posts on here are bitter rants or sly digs at anything and everything - why? What has life done to you that makes you so upset and dissatisfied with everything? Why not add some constructive, interesting points, like others do, rather than insisting on slating everyone and everything and then, half heartedly, trying to pre-empt a wriggle out by adding the much misused and, frankly, redolent of the playground 'lol'?

There must be something, somewhere, that elicits at least a positive response?

yup walk blind folded up the spine road! :lol:

How would that help you? You'd most likely comment on the subsequent news story of the subsequent death of those who follow your instructions by commenting on the run down state of the spine road and how it is useless, pointless, and basically crap.

Again, trying to be clever comes back and bites you in the !*!@# ; it hasn't gone down at all, it's an additional menu that runs alongside the standard one, perhaps in recognition of those peiople who consider that one to be more than they wish to pay.

Now that's not fair - i'm asking you a serious question and you respond by stating the town is tainted by someone you don't even know! It's a fair point - the vast majority of your posts on here are bitter rants or sly digs at anything and everything - why? What has life done to you that makes you so upset and dissatisfied with everything? Why not add some constructive, interesting points, like others do, rather than insisting on slating everyone and everything and then, half heartedly, trying to pre-empt a wriggle out by adding the much misused and, frankly, redolent of the playground 'lol'?

How would that help you? You'd most likely comment on the subsequent news story of the subsequent death of those who follow your instructions by commenting on the run down state of the spine road and how it is useless, pointless, and basically crap.

ah lads, this is getting silly now, walking blindfolded on the spine road,!! lol. this reminds me of the time i rode my bmx blindfolded doon the hairpin bend, that was funny too,!! i was just a kid then though. lets not get too carried away lads, we have all read the posts and are all entitled to our own opinions..is it worth falling out over...

one thing i note is that there was no mention about the state of the bogs. usually i think that if the bogs are in absoulutley tip top condition,hygene elsewhere would be of similar standards. for example..

if say,after your starter and a glass of beer you need to go make wee wees.(i meant pxxs ),,the urinals were in use and you had to use the closet. you discover a little drop of p. on the seat that some one has left behind them. and you return again say ten mins later and its still there,the chances are that its probably the kind of place that would pick up off the floor somthing that had fallen in the kitchen from your plate and return it with a blow or a wipe.

no one mentioned that..what i will do is ask my mother to give me her opinion. she gans to all the swanky restraunts..shes boont to have sumik to say..at least about the bogs anyways.!!

good luck to the new buisness too. and keep an eye on the fridge will ya !!post-2236-12738496177394_thumb.jpg

this reminds me of the time i rode my bmx blindfolded doon the hairpin bend, that was funny too,!! i was just a kid then though.

i did something similar! i tried to ride my racer down the giant staircase! (its a steep winding mud path just to the back of garages at the wood head) it was going well until i reached the giants step (a large rock looks like a big step!) then my racer gave up and i went over the handle bars!! :lol: good fun

still dog food! fact me dog wouldn't eat it and that like to chew on what it find it the kitty litter! :lol:

:blink:

wey then i couldn't call mesel monsta could I? ;)

The spine roads fine they even removed that !*!@# ardvark so it looks alot nicer! it would be funny though and make sure you get it on camera for those you tube laughs! :D

• 3 weeks later...

i did something similar! i tried to ride my racer down the giant staircase! (its a steep winding mud path just to the back of garages at the wood head) it was going well until i reached the giants step (a large rock looks like a big step!) then my racer gave up and i went over the handle bars!! :lol: good fun

That would seem to explain a lot monsta! :P

• 1 month later...

Sorry haven't been on for ages... Both times I visited were for family birthdays (boyf's parents who can't get far) and I wasn't paying and didn't want to spoil their night by complaining, don't get me wrong it wasn't appaling. Just won't be rushing back out of choice is all.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now