Accolade Brasserie, Bedlington

Been to Accolade tonight for a meal.. It's a really nice place. food and service are amazing. All their food is cooked fresh and purchased from local suppliers.. Had 4 meals there since they have been open 2 of which within the last 5 weeks and feel it deserves a plug..

Give it a try... The couple that own it are really friendly and nothing is a bother..

Real top notch food, its nice to have somewhere so nice right on our doorstep..

Bit more expensive than say the Ridge but food is of superb quality and their presentation and attention to detail is second to none..

http://www.accoladebrasserie.co.uk/

Been to Accolade tonight for a meal.. It's a really nice place. food and service are amazing. All their food is cooked fresh and purchased from local suppliers.. Had 4 meals there since they have been open 2 of which within the last 5 weeks and feel it deserves a plug..

Give it a try... The couple that own it are really friendly and nothing is a bother..

Real top notch food, its nice to have somewhere so nice right on our doorstep..

Bit more expensive than say the Ridge but food is of superb quality and their presentation and attention to detail is second to none..

http://www.accoladebrasserie.co.uk/

I'll second that - quality chef, quality service, quality food. Would recommend it without a moments hesitation.

• Like 1

I think £5 is extremely reasonable for the standard and quality of food that is served..

Put the same food on the same plate in a 4 or 5* Hotel Restuarantand you'd pay more than double that!

but this is bedlington front street not the Fat Duck or Le Gavroche :lol: so it is pretty steep! :D

• Like 1

hold on! 2.30 for a pint 50p for a bag of crisps! where you get you curry from? a tin! :lol:

You could probably just about scrape in under a fiver with chips and curry sauce. Maybe even 7 packs of tesco value super noodles for your weekly shop.

but this is bedlington front street not the Fat Duck or Le Gavroche :lol: so it is pretty steep! :D

Here we go with that old defeatist attitude again (and, incidentally, if you think you'd get a starter for a fiver at any of those two venues you must be joking - you wouldn't get a slice of bread); why shouldn't Bedlington have a quality restaurant, serving great food (and it is great, really)? Are you of the opinion that 'as this is Bedlington Front Street' we should be limited to kebabs and takeaways? Furthermore, how much is a Pizza at Best Bite these days? How much is a kebab at Moby's? Compare what you pay there, and what you get, with what you pay and get at Accolade and you have to be a fool to realise you're being robbed at four quid for a doner!

Rather than dissing a place that charges what are - if you know what you're on about - very sensible prices indeed for excellent food, and rather than pouring scorn on a local couple who are attempting to make somethinf of themselves and move away from this 'but its only Bedlington' attitude, we should be championing a successful (very successful, in fact) and award winning business (best small restauarant in the north) that might just inspire others to open something that is not a hairdressers once in a while.

If you're willing to pay more than ten quid for four pints, I can't see why anyone should turn up their nose at the same price for the best meal you'll find in the locality.

• Like 3

Here we go with that old defeatist attitude again (and, incidentally, if you think you'd get a starter for a fiver at any of those two venues you must be joking - you wouldn't get a slice of bread); why shouldn't Bedlington have a quality restaurant, serving great food (and it is great, really)? Are you of the opinion that 'as this is Bedlington Front Street' we should be limited to kebabs and takeaways? Furthermore, how much is a Pizza at Best Bite these days? How much is a kebab at Moby's? Compare what you pay there, and what you get, with what you pay and get at Accolade and you have to be a fool to realise you're being robbed at four quid for a doner!

Rather than dissing a place that charges what are - if you know what you're on about - very sensible prices indeed for excellent food, and rather than pouring scorn on a local couple who are attempting to make somethinf of themselves and move away from this 'but its only Bedlington' attitude, we should be championing a successful (very successful, in fact) and award winning business (best small restauarant in the north) that might just inspire others to open something that is not a hairdressers once in a while.

If you're willing to pay more than ten quid for four pints, I can't see why anyone should turn up their nose at the same price for the best meal you'll find in the locality.

Well said!!!

Me and Mrs wanderer have been on a few rare occasions and the food is top quality and the owners are a delight.

You are quite right to point out that instead of 4 pints and a bag of chips you can get award winning resteraunt food in our town for the same price.

They are a great example of people using fresh local produce and are hopefully making a great success of their business and me and mrs wanderer wish them the best of luck!!!!

• Like 2

Suppose to some, 4 cans and a Best Bite or Moby's kebab must be a good meal/night.. :0)

However some of us have better tastes and appreciate good food, good wine and good service..

Its really nice to be able to have a wander down the street and not have to drive or taxi for miles to get such a nice meal & atmosphere with such personal service..

Suppose if Accolade was in town or Morpeth you'd be happy to pay £5 for a starter!

• Like 1

after a freebie? :lol:

Well said!!!

Me and Mrs wanderer have been on a few rare occasions and the food is top quality and the owners are a delight.

You are quite right to point out that instead of 4 pints and a bag of chips you can get award winning resteraunt food in our town for the same price.

They are a great example of people using fresh local produce and are hopefully making a great success of their business and me and mrs wanderer wish them the best of luck!!!!

so much for your maths! 4 pints and a bag of chips totals to £10.20 and a three course meal costs over £20 :D

Suppose to some, 4 cans and a Best Bite or Moby's kebab must be a good meal/night.. :0)

However some of us have better tastes and appreciate good food, good wine and good service..

Its really nice to be able to have a wander down the street and not have to drive or taxi for miles to get such a nice meal & atmosphere with such personal service..

Suppose if Accolade was in town or Morpeth you'd be happy to pay £5 for a starter!

how long before its renamed or shut down? al give it 6 months tops! :lol:

Not at all; i'm willing to pay for good food.

so much for your maths! 4 pints and a bag of chips totals to £10.20 and a three course meal costs over £20 :D

What do you drink, and where do you buy your chips?

let's look at this in all seriousness: I drink Smith's, Boddie's, that sort of stuff and expect to pay £2.50 a pint these days; I guess if I drink in the club I would pay a few pennies less. That's ten quid before you get your chips. Go to Moby's - tell me, honestly, how much is a portion of chips? Come on, really, how much? I didn't look when I was last in there, but you have to be talking a few pennies shy of a quid at teh least. For a couple of potato's, chopped and fried. Have you stopped to think about that for a moment? how much does a potato cost?

Let's say you go to Verdi's - how much is a Pizza?

It's all about what you want to spend, and on what. Your attitude that 'it's Bedlington so it's expensive' is the sort of !*!@# that keeps the town how it is - a run down !*!@# that has little to offer. It shouldn;t matter where it is, good food has a price, as does everything. Do I expect to pay more for my beer in teh hallowed halls of swanky Morpeth, or the town, as you clearly expect to pay more for your food in thsoe areas? No, do I !*!@# , so why should teh same apply to food?

If you think £20 for a three course meal of that quality is expensive I dread to think what you believe is cheap. Here's a comparison - have a carvery and a pudding at the ridge and you're paying what - a tenner, eleven quid maybe? Have a main course and a pudding at Accolade and you pay £15. I know - without even hesitating - which is the better value; so do you.

Really? Why? Are you party to how well they're doing? I'll tell you what - walk past on any Friday or Saturday evening, at any time, and count the heads in there - actually, it's probably easier for you to count the empty seats. The place is thriving, it's a massive hit. Just because you won't eat there doesn't mean it's not going to be successful.

It's a pleasure for this town to have a good, quality restaurant serving good food. Incidentally, do you eat indian food? Try that restauarant on the front street, and find a three course in there for less than £20.

really Monsta, you need to wake up a bit; there are people in this town - and in teh surroinding areas - willign to travel for a quality meal.

I fully agree with the vast majority of your points on this one mercuryg. The town has a deep rooted problem of self-denigration which puts a lot of people off trying new things and trying to get ahead.The sooner we can get past that the better.

What do you drink, and where do you buy your chips?

fosters and i wouldn't buy chips from accolade they'll charge a fortune! :lol:

I fully agree with the vast majority of your points on this one mercuryg. The town has a deep rooted problem of self-denigration which puts a lot of people off trying new things and trying to get ahead.The sooner we can get past that the better.

i'm not putting the town down thats impossible its already flat on is face! :lol:

fosters ....

so you're talking 2.60 a pint, or maybe a bit more, in bedlington. Do you pay more in Morpeth, because its a 'classier' place? No? of course you don't, so why the 'but this is Bedlington, not bla bla bla....' attitude??

i'm not putting the town down thats impossible its already flat on is face! :lol:

But you are. You're implying, directly, that there's no room for a quality eaterie in this downtrodden town, and that nobody would possibly pay the prices they ask because its 'just bedlington front street'. You don't know how wrong you are, do you?

We should be wishing them luck, not taking bets on when they go out of business.

Well They've been there heading for I believe 1 1/2 - 2 years now, First time we went was December 2008 . so that puts your 6 month closure idea to bed :P:lol:

It's people with attitudes like this wanting everything on the cheap that makes these people's business fail. They are are striving to bring Bedlington something more than Social Clubs, Cheep watered down drinks and Kebab's!

Its the old saying "Use it or loose it" The way it will fail is if people don't use it, same as the all the pubs that have closed due to people not using them..

so you're talking 2.60 a pint, or maybe a bit more, in bedlington. Do you pay more in Morpeth, because its a 'classier' place? No? of course you don't, so why the 'but this is Bedlington, not bla bla bla....' attitude??

wouldn't know i'm not an alcholic!

But you are. You're implying, directly, that there's no room for a quality eaterie in this downtrodden town, and that nobody would possibly pay the prices they ask because its 'just bedlington front street'. You don't know how wrong you are, do you?

We should be wishing them luck, not taking bets on when they go out of business.

:rolleyes: sir lickyarse :lol:

Instead of paying 20 quid etc, why not save your money and buy the ingredients needed for the dish you fancy, invite some friends around, have a few drinks..guarantee you`ll save a tenner at least :lol:

Eating out is ok for a special occasion i suppose, not something i would do though. You can never be too sure what you`re actually getting served :mellow:

• Like 1

:rolleyes: sir lickyarse :lol:

Whay, for suggesting we should support local businesses? As someone who has spent the last year striving to become self employed - in truth I had little option - but in a less public way than the proprietors of Accolade, I know how the early stages are difficult. I also know how local support helps. You don't eat out - Monsta - and don't want to pay the prices, fair enough, but that doesn't mean Bedlington should be without a quality place to eat. It also doesn't mean it's going to fail - not everyone, after all, is like you. I eat there once a month or so - I do as Cympil says, too, and cook myself - and each time I get exemplary service and superb food, and all on my doorstep. What's not to like about that?

• Like 2

I totally agree.

Some people (i know at least 1) dont send cards on occasions such as birthdays, weddings, christmas etc. This person(s) dont activly spout out about the prices of cards, or the lack of a need for a card shop on the front street.

Just because you personally would not use a service is no reason to argue the lack of a need for it.

there's alot of lard-ar$es sitting around that would never use a leisure center and believe this to be a waste of money. same thing?

Somewhere nice to go out too, that does not involve pizza or chips, where you can sit down and have a meal prepared for you and no dishes to wash is definatly not a bad thing.

Nore is a nice friendly pub where you can go for a pint, a cheeper pub (like wetherspoons) where you can get a pint for less.

We need to be discussing the good points, not the negative ones, and actually suggest things we want FOR the town (ie. McDonnalds thread), and supporting these ideas, not dissing whats already here!

We eat out at least once a week at somewhere along the lines & prices of Accolade..

I cook an evening meal 6 nights a week and appreciate someone waiting on me for a change and having one night off each week with hubby when he's home, ( he works away several days each week).

Actually we've been again tonight with family. Tonight was quite busy, nice to see them having a busy night midweek.

And Yes we paid :P:lol:

Edited by niksy72

Hmmm.... Let's think.

In one camp we appear to have the Clampetts and in the other camp we have some obviously educated, intelligent, discerning, decent, open-minded and forward-thinking people who are probably in decent jobs and making a decent living.

I wonder which group are going to dig Bedlington out of the hole it's in?

My money's on the latter.

On the subject of restaurant prices, have you seen the number of BMW's, Audi's, Jags, and Range Rovers in Bedlington lately?

I know there are a lot of professional families living in Bedlington, but spending an absolute fortune in the likes of Morpeth and Newcastle every weekend, as a result of I believe there is a MASSIVE pent up demand for decent places to eat, drink and shop in Bedlington.

Edited by Theledge
  • Like 1

Why is everyone getting upset simply because a handful of people suggested that Accolade is expensive?

As far as I've read, no one has said anything about there being no need for Accolade, or that it shouldn't be in Bedlington.

Suggesting that businesses fail because certain people (non-customers in this case) find them expensive is absurd. The people who find places like Accolade expensive are obviously not the intended target audience of the business in the first place so what does it matter?

Incidentally, I think the residents of Bedlington have a right to have the opinion that their town is down-trodden. If so many people think that the town is down-trodden – who knows, maybe it's because it is.

But having the opinion that the town isn't up to much won't stop anyone using any of the businesses up the front street if their services are needed. Businesses fail because of their own mistakes – not because of the opinion local residents have of their town.

TheLedge:

I don't think much of the food served at the Ridge Farm but I certainly don't think that I'm better than anyone else who eats there. I've also eaten at a few expensive restaurants that haven't been nearly as nice as some smaller, cheaper restaurants, so forget the idea that more expensive food means better food.

The fact that you mark people's intelligence on how much money they are willing to spend on a starter shows a distinct lack of it on your side.

Let's just accept that everyone is different.

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now