World Cup

Merlin

This should probably be in the sports bit, but since nobody shifted the darts........ :rolleyes:

Breaking news. A coach carrying playing staff was attacked by gunmen today at the African Nations Cup. Coach driver was shot and killed and four other people on the coach have been injured. More later.

This throws into question the world cup next year. Should it still go ahead? Will clubs that have invested millions of pounds on players allow these players to travel if their safety is in question? What would happen if this had happened in England? Your thoughts please.

This should probably be in the sports bit, but since nobody shifted the darts........ :rolleyes:

Breaking news. A coach carrying playing staff was attacked by gunmen today at the African Nations Cup. Coach driver was shot and killed and four other people on the coach have been injured. More later.

This throws into question the world cup next year. Should it still go ahead? Will clubs that have invested millions of pounds on players allow these players to travel if their safety is in question? What would happen if this had happened in England? Your thoughts please.

If you thought the darts belonged in the Sports forums why did you start the thread in Chat Central? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Of course the World Cup should go ahead. You can`t wrap folk up in cotton wool..things happen. That`s life.

If it had happened in England it would be a different story. Not only would the World Cup be finished with, football would be finished too, the prized footballer`s have to use buse`s you know, they might get attacked by gunmen too! (health and safety)

Because nobody scrolls down to the sports bit!

Thats life! You Ester Rantzen or summit. It seems that security is in question here, if they can't control their own nations tournament how the hell are they going to cope with all the countries in the world cup? As for England we would cease to exist as a football nation in FIFA's eyes.Our chances of hosting the world cup would be put back indefinatly!

Because nobody scrolls down to the sports bit!

Thats life! You Ester Rantzen or summit. It seems that security is in question here, if they can't control their own nations tournament how the hell are they going to cope with all the countries in the world cup? As for England we would cease to exist as a football nation in FIFA's eyes.Our chances of hosting the world cup would be put back indefinatly!

Haway now, CK and Monsta scroll to the sports bit :D

Seriously, i`m not a footie fan, what happens outside of England concerning footie..well, it`s not top of my priorities in life to worry about it!

Maybe i`m not getting the gist of the full scale here but there`s no need for the Esther comments! :angry:

like :angry::angry::lol:

Well your Avitar has a certain resemblence, do you look like it in real life :lol: :lol:

Not one of your top priorities :o typical girlie comment :D

Seriously though, Man U, Liverpool, Man City etc have in excess of £200 million + invested in players going to the world cup, if Africa cannot protect these players then clubs will not and should not allow these players to travel. These clubs will be panicking and creaming their knickers at the prospect of losing millions of pounds :lol: :lol:

Edited by Merlin

Well your Avitar has a certain resemblence, do you look like it in real life :lol: :lol:

Not one of your top priorities :o typical girlie comment :D

Seriously though, Man U, Liverpool, Man City etc have in excess of £200 million + invested in players going to the world cup, if Africa cannot protect these players then clubs will not and should not allow these players to travel. These clubs will be panicking and creaming their knickers at the prospect of losing millions of pounds :lol: :lol:

Girl or not, why would i be interested in footie anyway unless i like it?..

I do like to watch the World Cup though..that`s about it though.

Well I blame just about everything on Esther Rantzen (Beelzebub's agent on Earth). Most of the ills in this Country (and maybe the World) can be traced directly back to her and her founding Childline and her proselytising of kids' rights. Picture the scene: little Jonny or Mary caught nicking from the old Granny up the street (after giving her a good tuning), parents attempt to punish the nippers (no telly tonight), kids say "Oh no you don't 'cos we'll phone-up Childline and report you for cruelty and/or abuse, scared parents back-off saying "OK, but don't do it again". And so the World goes down the shi*ter

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now