Thank You Northumberland Council

Rea

All I can say is thanks to the council, they actually listened to our requests, I rang the council yesterday and asked for the roads on our estate to be ploughed because we couldn't get out of the estate properly, well they came out today and did it, so well done....also seeing you on the main street gritting footpaths and clearing snow makes us think you are actually listening to the residents, well done.

• Like 4

All I can say is thanks to the council, they actually listened to our requests, I rang the council yesterday and asked for the roads on our estate to be ploughed because we couldn't get out of the estate properly, well they came out today and did it, so well done....also seeing you on the main street gritting footpaths and clearing snow makes us think you are actually listening to the residents, well done.

Good to hear 7.gif

I hope they go around the other estates and do the same thing there too.

they did a cracking job, the sent digger around the estate, freeing up the roads and then come along with a little tractor and ploughed the paths they done a cracking job. seen them doing this couple times.

people morn on about it some times but people seem to froget Northumberland is HUGE streching from Backworth to Kielders to Bewick its a huge oporation sorting all the roads out and then to sort out the estates on top.

they tractors were working late into the night when i finished work at 10.30 there was a tractor ploughing the Tescos Car park. got to say BIG thanks to the counciel and all the hard working people that helped to keep the regoin (most of the time) lol :lol:

• Like 1

they did a cracking job, the sent digger around the estate, freeing up the roads and then come along with a little tractor and ploughed the paths they done a cracking job. seen them doing this couple times.

people morn on about it some times but people seem to froget Northumberland is HUGE streching from Backworth to Kielders to Bewick its a huge oporation sorting all the roads out and then to sort out the estates on top.

they tractors were working late into the night when i finished work at 10.30 there was a tractor ploughing the Tescos Car park. got to say BIG thanks to the counciel and all the hard working people that helped to keep the regoin (most of the time) lol :lol:

Bullsh*t! Tesco's car park,the driver must of had a right laugh he made it like a go-kart track, I had to drive about 2 mile to get from one end of the car park to the other :blink: So you just realised that Northumberland is huge well I'm afraid to tell you this but it's been like that for years, and if you think that Backworth or Bewick give a damn about little old Bedlington Town you are seriously mistaken :D It's their job for gods sake, it's what we pay for and it should not have taken them as long to sort it! If they were hard working well it makes a change :o

Bullsh*t! Tesco's car park,the driver must of had a right laugh he made it like a go-kart track, I had to drive about 2 mile to get from one end of the car park to the other :blink: So you just realised that Northumberland is huge well I'm afraid to tell you this but it's been like that for years, and if you think that Backworth or Bewick give a damn about little old Bedlington Town you are seriously mistaken :D It's their job for gods sake, it's what we pay for and it should not have taken them as long to sort it! If they were hard working well it makes a change :o

well i say ploughing the car park i'll correct myself, the road that goes around it. and i agree with you it is there job.

why would backworth or Bewick give a damn, your right why would they i was just names places south north and west of Northumberland. no need for sarcasim to be houset, "just realised northumberland is huge" i was trying to explain the seer size of the task at hand. and compaired to durham where i go regulaur and have been snowed in!!! (20miles from Bedlington and snowed in) due to there crap gritters (motor way girtters and spread more grit on the foot path than the road) . we didnt do to bad over all there was always a main road open.

Edited by Owen
  • Like 1

why would backworth or Bewick give a damn, your right why would they i was just names places south north and west of Northumberland. no need for sarcasim to be houset, "just realised northumberland is huge" i was trying to explain the seer size of the task at hand. and compaired to durham where i go regulaur and have been snowed in!!! (20miles from Bedlington and snowed in) due to there crap gritters (motor way girtters and spread more grit on the foot path than the road) . we didnt do to bad over all there was always a main road open.

The size of the county has nothing to do with it which is exactly my point! We pay, they do and it should not take phone complaints to achieve this service! It should be taken as given! The task at hand was Bedlington NOT Northumberland! Or Durham or anywhere for that matter but Bedlington

I disagree completely!!

We went into the countryside last Friday. Everyone said 'dont go you'll never make it and get trapped somewhere'.

Complete TOSH! All the roads were clear, including the little country roads! We drove back to Bedlington on Saturday on clear roads until we crossed Hartford Bridge. The road along the golf course only had one lane each way with a massive pile of snow running down the middle of the road. The main st wasn't much better!

It appears we were last on the list!!

And what about the dustbins. Our bin wont get emptied until next week. How many weeks is it since last done? Ashington and Blyth appear to have been done.

Again last on the list it seems.

I think the canny people of Bedlington are being 'taken a lend of'

We deserve better!

• Like 3

I disagree completely!!

We went into the countryside last Friday. Everyone said 'dont go you'll never make it and get trapped somewhere'.

Complete TOSH! All the roads were clear, including the little country roads! We drove back to Bedlington on Saturday on clear roads until we crossed Hartford Bridge. The road along the golf course only had one lane each way with a massive pile of snow running down the middle of the road. The main st wasn't much better!

It appears we were last on the list!!

And what about the dustbins. Our bin wont get emptied until next week. How many weeks is it since last done? Ashington and Blyth appear to have been done.

Again last on the list it seems.

I think the canny people of Bedlington are being 'taken a lend of'

We deserve better!

Camille,

I think Merlin's point is that we don't just deserve better we are paying for a better service!

• Like 2

Camille, you either been dreaming or driving a snow plough :lol: :lol:

The golf course road has always been one lane either way or has the snow turned it into a dual-carriageway :lol: :lol:

I live in Bedlington and my bins have been emptied as and when they should have been. If your's haven't been emptied I suggest you get on to Berwick bin men and they'll gladly send the waggon down to empty them as according to owen we are all served by the same people, I mean we all live in Northumberland don't we :P :P

Oh! and by the way maybe the new year drink is still kicking in,it can cause some hellish dreams :blink: :blink:

Edited by Merlin

Merlin, quite clearly you didnt understand my post.

There was a massive pile of snow running down the middle of the golf course road which made it impossible to drive without being nose to tail with the car in front. As you say that road is single carraigeway, but as we all know it is very wide with ample opportunity for overtaking. That road is a major artery into the town and should have been cleared long before the thaw came and natural events happened.

As I said, previously, ALL other roads we travelled on Friday/ Saturday last week were completely clear, including the country roads. Since New Year I have been travelling to Yorks/London/South East. I have friends and colleagues in Wales and Middle Earth (Merlin.... for your benefit thats the midlands) and all report snow clearance on main roads.

And, lucky you!! Your bin was emptied. Mine wasn't. It was out waiting to be emptied but to no avail. I have, since my last post, discovered that it was emptied on Thursday (I was down south) but only because my husband saw the binmen and asked when it would be emptied. They told him to leave the bin out.

I resent your inference to New Year alcahol and dreaming!! I pay REAL money (not housing benefits) in council tax and expect a REAL service.

• Like 2

Camille if you are so aggrieved get on to the coooooncil and give them grief IF you pay REAL money. Whether people are on benefits or pay real money is of no concern the service is paid for one way or another and should be provided!

As for the roads being COMPLETELY clear what an absolute load of bull sh&t, and I re-iterate my reference to alcohol, lady you must have been on some bender :lol: :lol: and how does a massive pile of snow running down the middle of the road make you have to tailgate the car in front, bloody dangerous driving if you ask me!

For your benefit, Camille, if middle earth is the midlands then bloody well say the midlands, and did you know the N East of England doesn't start N of Watford just thought I'd let you know since we're on a geography lesson

• Like 1

we still had one road out going to Stannington (via Nertherton) to the A1 but it doesnt mean anything that road is clear how are we ment to know, not like they put a sign up saying road closed. but at least there was a road out of Bedlington. and we werent completey cut off.

one thing that gets me is, i agree with Merlin and that we shouldnt be left out or lower down on the list, but if the ploughs/gritters spend more time clearing here and less time on other roads whats the point. can't go anywhere if the roads esle where are blocked/closed.

but i have a mate that works along side of the gritters and they worked none stop during this cold spell (24 horus a day) to make sure we werent snowed in, the counceil was giving the gritters flasks of soup and tea and told them not to come back till there shift was up.

in yankie land, there bin lorrys are fitted with snow ploughs, which is a good idea, meaning bin men can get around and empty bins etc. maybe worth putting that idea into the counceil. although they've probley already thought of it. dont know to be hounest.

Edited by Owen

How much do you want to pay! ;) We get a lot of snow every year and we pay hefty taxes to remove it! Vancouver only get a heavy frost! and hardly budget anything (yeh they do all end up in the ditch :lol: !) I buy snow removing equipment (at work) $90,000-$150,000. and it gets used often, if your council bought this stuff how often would it get used? a lot of it can be used all of the year round but things like snow blowers etc can't.

If industry comes to a halt without it maybe industry should be taxed to clear the roads (that's not going to happen!) How often in a normal year is it needed?

These are 5 year old figures :o

Snow-removal budgets compared with annual average snowfall:

• Vancouver — $400,000; 8 centimetres

• Calgary — $21 million; 106.5 cms

• Edmonton — $49 million; 123.5 cms

• Ottawa — $66 million; 202.5 cms

• Toronto — $67 million; 133 cms

• Montreal — $128 million; 144 cms

How much do you want to pay! ;) We get a lot of snow every year and we pay hefty taxes to remove it! Vancouver only get a heavy frost! and hardly budget anything (yeh they do all end up in the ditch :lol: !) I buy snow removing equipment (at work) $90,000-$150,000. and it gets used often, if your council bought this stuff how often would it get used? a lot of it can be used all of the year round but things like snow blowers etc can't.

If industry comes to a halt without it maybe industry should be taxed to clear the roads (that's not going to happen!) How often in a normal year is it needed?

These are 5 year old figures :o

Snow-removal budgets compared with annual average snowfall:

• Vancouver — $400,000; 8 centimetres

• Calgary — $21 million; 106.5 cms

• Edmonton — $49 million; 123.5 cms

• Ottawa — $66 million; 202.5 cms

• Toronto — $67 million; 133 cms

• Montreal — $128 million; 144 cms

Bedlington- £2.50; and free visit somewhere for a councilor... 15 centimeters

`I pay REAL money (not housing benefits) in council tax and expect a REAL service`

Whichever way money`s paid, the fact is `it`s paid` You can`t expect a superior service just because it was paid by yourself and not Housing Benefit..money is money.

• Like 2

i don't see the point in spreading salt over the road as under -6 degrees it stops working and it rusts your car! :angry: thats why in some other countrys where rust is not spread cars in generally last upto 70% longer! :D (here comes mercuryg to disagree!) :lol:

Your certainly correct about the salt and causing rust, we see vehicles from the coast rusting in a couple of years but here in the mountains with dry air and very little salt they wear out before rusting, only my 26 year old Bronco is now showing it!

But salt is good to -21c for traction they use more sand than salt.

Merlin, quite clearly you didnt understand my post.

There was a massive pile of snow running down the middle of the golf course road which made it impossible to drive without being nose to tail with the car in front. As you say that road is single carraigeway, but as we all know it is very wide with ample opportunity for overtaking. That road is a major artery into the town and should have been cleared long before the thaw came and natural events happened.

As I said, previously, ALL other roads we travelled on Friday/ Saturday last week were completely clear, including the country roads. Since New Year I have been travelling to Yorks/London/South East. I have friends and colleagues in Wales and Middle Earth (Merlin.... for your benefit thats the midlands) and all report snow clearance on main roads.

And, lucky you!! Your bin was emptied. Mine wasn't. It was out waiting to be emptied but to no avail. I have, since my last post, discovered that it was emptied on Thursday (I was down south) but only because my husband saw the binmen and asked when it would be emptied. They told him to leave the bin out.

I resent your inference to New Year alcahol and dreaming!! I pay REAL money (not housing benefits) in council tax and expect a REAL service.

Now look Miss Vic, Camille whatever your now name is :o . I tell you what, the next time it snows I'll round up all the unfortunate people on housing benefit or any benefits for that matter and we'll beat a track to your door,and tugging our forelocks bowing and scraping we'll clear your drive and roads wherever you want to go, since its real money you pay! :angry: Snobby B***H. What goes round comes round! Some day you will appreciate the benefit system. I don't wish it on anybody but, to you lady I hope it comes round and quick!

• Like 3

Now look Miss Vic, Camille whatever your now name is :o . I tell you what, the next time it snows I'll round up all the unfortunate people on housing benefit or any benefits for that matter and we'll beat a track to your door,and tugging our forelocks bowing and scraping we'll clear your drive and roads wherever you want to go, since its real money you pay! :angry: Snobby B***H. What goes round comes round! Some day you will appreciate the benefit system. I don't wish it on anybody but, to you lady I hope it comes round and quick!

My dog which is a BITCH is called !*!@#(D.I.C.K) and will willingly give you a helping hand! Your swear catcher is not 100% Pity help anyone who is called D.I.C.K when trying to sign up :P

• Like 1

My dog which is a BITCH is called !*!@#(D.I.C.K) and will willingly give you a helping hand! Your swear catcher is not 100% Pity help anyone who is called D.I.C.K when trying to sign up :P

:lol: Thats D.i.c.kism! :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now