Bedlington Community Partnership.

As some will have seen there is a seminar at the Community Centre at 6.30pm on the 14th Jan looking at the ways we would like to see our town develop. The organisers hope as many people as possible turn out for the event but for anyone who can't make it on the night you do have the chance to put your questions, concerns and suggestions forward and include them in the deliberations.

Please feel free to leave your comments on this thread.

• Like 2

Im surprised that no one has replied to this thread,unless everyone is coming on 14th,or everyone is content with what Bedlington has to offer and what it looks like.

There are so many topics and issues surrounding what is needed in Bedlington aswell as the complex politics surrounding the Town (ie- the money sidelined from the sale of the Golf course for sporting facilities/Gallagher Park that has now been criminally taken from 'The People', why Bedlington has always been second best to Blyth, Ashington, Newbiggin and other matters)

I would like to see what I feel is the most important issue for this Town brought up at the meeting: Leisure Facilities! Not only do youth need such facilities, so do adults. This Town is crying out for a large multi functional Leisure Centre. It has the Demand, the Land and the Will for it. We need backing. We need the right people who know how to fight for such a facility to help: MP's, Councillors,solicitors etc so enough mney can be found to build it. I know many are trying and are talking about it but can someone publicise what stage this is at and what is required to move forward in gaining a leisure centre/facilities?

I would also like to see some sort of fund set up for a fantastic christmas light display supported by the council. This wold bring good publicity to the Town and bring people from around the area to see it. I know it doesnt sound much much things like this are all beneficial to the bigger picture in bringing others to the Town.

For places to attract people , attractions are needed, no matter how big or small. Christmas lights, activities on the main street on a regular basis (minors picnic type of events, ice rink, stalls, fete's are a just a few).

I was under the impression that there was a lot of money available to do up the main street shop fronts etc? All that has happened is millions spent on paving in front of Tesco on a BMX/skate park. It would be good to find out what developements/facelifts there are planned for the near future.

For the latest on the leisure facilities feasability study see here... http://www.bedlington.co.uk/2009/12/community-group-looks-to-reverse-closure-trend/ the outcome of that study will show what Bedlington will likely be able to support and outline the steps needed to bring it to fruition.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now