St. Benet Biscop High School Is Closed

St. Benet Bishop is closed today, the reason is because they can not get the Buses to the school, dont bother looking at ther website as it has not been updated since 2007, but if you want to look at the website then here is the link

Edited by SuperMan

Isn't it Biscop? unsure.gif

As recent as 2007! That's better than some. Many still regard websites as alternative to print, but there's no point in one unless you have a regular update schedule - and the budget to support it.

Yep your right GGG, it is Biscop mellow.gif

Fixed the title for you so go fix your own posts! biggrin.gif Good thing it's not ink on paper - tipex comes in very small bottles! wink.gif

Why can't the kids walk to school ... we had to back in the day! Has everyone gone soft 'cos a bit of snow's fallen?

Just watched the Beeb news tonight where they reported on some primary school, in some hill town, which has stayed open whilst all the others closed; picture the scene ... kids at lessons, falling snow seen through the windows, break-time approaching, interviewed Headteacher says the kids can't go out into the playground 'cos of 'elf & safety concerns. No mass snowball fights, no 'scrubbing' the lasses so no fond memories for those kids to look back on when they're older. Yep, I'm sure they'll fondly remember that Maths lesson and the resentment at been kept in and not that great day in the snow. I remember with joy the mass snowball fights us Westridge kids had with Biscop (I don't know if it was called that then ... we just referred to it as 'The Cathers')back in the 60s. Happy days.

Edited by Symptoms

Merl ... I wasn't aware that Northumberland used the American busing model to draw the nippers in from that far & wide but I still want to make the general point about kids being ferried to school. I'd be interested to know how many schools, which drag-in their kids from nearby, shut-up shop; as I hinted we appear to have been made of stronger stuff back then (said with tongue in cheek!). I know that staff will live further away these days and as a result may have problems getting in - generally, many teachers in my school days lived locally so walked to work.

Anyway, I think the Woller kids could at least have made an effort ... farmers' kids - tough - huh!

Understood Symptoms! Bennies catchment is vast, as far away as Berwick,some of the pupils are on the school bus at half six for a nine o'clock start. Bennies reputation as THE school in Northumberland is surpassed by none! If your kids or anyone else's kids can get in there they will get an education second to none. I have nothing but high praise for this school! Wish I had gone there myself!

I agree that school such as Bedlington high should not be off school as they could walk to school but as bennies is a catholic school only about 50 people who go to bennies live in bedlington as only 50 people from meadowdale get into bennies which mean the rest come from the other catholic schools from all over the county .

I agree that school such as Bedlington high should not be off school as they could walk to school but as bennies is a catholic school only about 50 people who go to bennies live in bedlington as only 50 people from meadowdale get into bennies which mean the rest come from the other catholic schools from all over the county .

schools wouldn't be off if it wasn't for stupid H&S going overboard and the stupid people who claim damages even though its there own stupid fault! :angry:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now