Microsoft Consul Ban

Merlin

First off my consul has been banned by microsoft!

My consul red lighted after the extended warranty was up so got it 'fixed' locally, when I hooked up to X-Box live got message saying that my consul was banned, so I would not be able to play on live anymore! Investigations into this was that copied games had been played on this consul on X-Box live resulting in said ban. Thing is no copied games have been played on this consul on live. So person who fixed red lights must have used it! Or it's a different consul! No proof, or a kicking would be in order! Anyway had to get another consul, arcade, now up and running on X-Box live again! Problem being the hard drive on the banned consul. Can I put this onto my new consul without being banned again? Looked at various sites and microsoft, but I am getting conflicting answers. Some say yes you can transfer the hard drive while others are saying that the hard drive as well as the consul are banned. Any Ideas? Or should I bight the bullet and get a new hard drive as well?

Is there no appeal process? It sounds like you have genuine grounds for appeal there and I certainly wouldn't be throwing more money at Microsoft to fix the problem if that's the case. Are the hard drives not just an optional additional storage addon and not physically required for the machine to work. If that's the case it's probably easy enough to format the drive to make sure it's clean of anything that may be on it.

Is there no appeal process? It sounds like you have genuine grounds for appeal there and I certainly wouldn't be throwing more money at Microsoft to fix the problem if that's the case. Are the hard drives not just an optional additional storage addon and not physically required for the machine to work. If that's the case it's probably easy enough to format the drive to make sure it's clean of anything that may be on it.

Looked on official microsoft site, no comebacks, if it's banned it's banned!They say I can use hard drive but all games saved on hard drive will be scrambled and gametag can only be retrieved through microsoft,also all achievements will be lost! So basically after three years plus I have to start again.Playstation 3 is looking better by the minute, live play is free on it! Which brings me to another point, I didn't find out this consul was banned until I had renewed my yearly subsciption of £39.99! After putting in codes and passwords nothing was said about it being banned until payment had gone through! Good Eh!

Edited by Merlin

Sorry 4g missed the bit on optional extras(hard drive)Yes they are,but I mentioned this in the Forza thread, the arcade version consul does not have enough memory to load both discs to play this game to its full extent, I need the optional hard drive, which I have but on my banned consul!Just thought of this, they are selling forza motorsort3 with this consul knowing full well that it will not load on them! This is the first game to be played on this consul, so what happens if you have another game, god forbid, will this game load. Now there's a thing!

I heard something about this, something to do with modifications....

...Basically, if your Xbox has been modified in any way other than by an approved person, it can't be used on live.

Happened to a few of my friends also, who have "chipped" boxes to play the copies.

I heard something about this, something to do with modifications....

...Basically, if your Xbox has been modified in any way other than by an approved person, it can't be used on live.

Happened to a few of my friends also, who have "chipped" boxes to play the copies.

Even if modified by 'approved person' it's still basically modified,therefore still banned.What they are saying is, If a copied game is played on X-Box live your consul and hard drive are banned. You have been warned! Yes my box was chipped but no copies were played on live, take that as given! Like I said before the person(Notice I'm being polite) who 'fixed' my box either played a copy on live or has switched my box!

Microsoft fetched in the ban when they released Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2 because they knew this would be the most popular copied game ever!

Even if modified by 'approved person' it's still basically modified,therefore still banned.What they are saying is, If a copied game is played on X-Box live your consul and hard drive are banned. You have been warned! Yes my box was chipped but no copies were played on live, take that as given! Like I said before the person(Notice I'm being polite) who 'fixed' my box either played a copy on live or has switched my box!

Microsoft fetched in the ban when they released Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2 because they knew this would be the most popular copied game ever!

I prosume the way they catch you is all games come with a unique code/ serail number and if you play a copied game the number is registered and as soon as a number of people use the same copy it black lists that game (just like they do for pc games) also playing games before release dates doesn't help! :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now