Make A Fast Food Resteraunt For Teenagers In Bedlington. Restaurant

Make a fast food resteraunt in Bedlington  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 they've already got shops in nearby towns 2 there are just too few people to use them! So there'll be not sub way or McDonalds in bedlington for the foreseeable future!

You are missing the point Monsta. Both Subway and McDonalds are franchises and the OP obviously thinks there is a market for it in Bedlington. Whether the chains would agree to sell a franchise because of territory positioning (or if one of the existing franchise territories already includes Bedlington) is another matter, but if somebody with the right entrepreneurial flair convinced them they could run it profitably then it wouldn't be a pipe dream. Saying there are too few people to use them is nonsense.

You are missing the point Monsta. Both Subway and McDonalds are franchises and the OP obviously thinks there is a market for it in Bedlington. Whether the chains would agree to sell a franchise because of territory positioning (or if one of the existing franchise territories already includes Bedlington) is another matter, but if somebody with the right entrepreneurial flair convinced them they could run it profitably then it wouldn't be a pipe dream. Saying there are too few people to use them is nonsense.

how is it nonsense? if so why isn't there already mcdonalds etc in bedlington?

simple cause ashington, crammy and blyth are better spots

how is it nonsense? if so why isn't there already mcdonalds etc in bedlington?

simple cause ashington, crammy and blyth are better spots

Because it takes somebody to actually DO it not just expect other people to do it for them. We as a town have been very complacent while other people in other places have just got on with it. There are obvious events in the past that are to blame for this complacency (I'm not going to list them because they've been done to death in other threads) but we can't keep living in the past.

Great you've now done more than anybody else in the town has to making this "pipe dream" a reality. You're now only a few steps away from getting Bedlington on that list. Keep it up! I'll be the first in line for a supersize meal.

here!

Many thanks but unfortunately the research highlights that we already have the right number of stores for this area and that by adding another we would be unlikely to generate further sales without impacting on our surrounding restaurants.

I would have to advise that unless the site is in a 'perfect' position, i.e. located on major road network and with a high surrounding population, that this is unlikely to be one we would progress with.

Hope this helps

Many thanks and kind regards

Emma

so there you have it straight from the horses mouth! :D

• Like 1

Giving up already? Is the car garage at the bottom of glebe road still vacant. That's a major road surrounded by a high population. Also close to town centre and 2 major supermarkets.

Giving up already? Is the car garage at the bottom of glebe road still vacant. That's a major road surrounded by a high population. Also close to town centre and 2 major supermarkets.

what you mean already? as the email from mcdonalds says there not interested in bedlington! nettos doesn't count as a major supermarket! (neither does the small branch of tesco's when you compare it to the one at kingston park etc) they mean a high population well above bedlingtons 15400 (10000 being over 65!) :D like blyths 81300 or cramlingtons 39000 :D

what you mean already? as the email from mcdonalds says there not interested in bedlington! nettos doesn't count as a major supermarket! (neither does the small branch of tesco's when you compare it to the one at kingston park etc) they mean a high population well above bedlingtons 15400 (10000 being over 65!) :D like blyths 81300 or cramlingtons 39000 :D

The email doesn't say that at all.

Also, since when did Blyth have a population of 81,300? Your figure there includes the Cramlington population you have quoted seperately and the rest of Blyth Valley. Further, Cramlington with a population of 39,000 is served by 2 McDonalds so one serving 15,400 isn't too much of a stretch from those numbers.

4G you're really narked about this aren't you.

nope not at all just pointing out the lack of ambition we have. Ok let's say there already is the "right number of stores for this area" I doubt that a population of 15,400 would be too small to serve one store so mcds must think that people will travel to get to stores in the surrounding towns. So... I'd be giving BK/KFC a ring and pointing out that if mcdonalds are right and people will travel that distance why not stick a store in the geographic centre of these towns (Bedlington) and serve all 5?

All this talk of McDonalds on here is making me wonder...how many people in Bedlington actually buy from them anyway?

I for one have only used them once or twice, that`s only because i was starving at the time and that was the first food place i came to at the time! I certainly wouldn`t use them because i `fancied a McDonalds`

Their `food` is tasteless and cheaply made, all it does is `fill a hole`...

nope not at all just pointing out the lack of ambition we have. Ok let's say there already is the "right number of stores for this area" I doubt that a population of 15,400 would be too small to serve one store so mcds must think that people will travel to get to stores in the surrounding towns. So... I'd be giving BK/KFC a ring and pointing out that if mcdonalds are right and people will travel that distance why not stick a store in the geographic centre of these towns (Bedlington) and serve all 5?

Don't think it's lack of ambition,just a bit of a reality check, it's never going to happen, go on be truthful!

I'd use a burger king at least once a week.

I love the Whopper. the only thing that comes close at mcdonnalds is the big tasty, and thats a seasonal thing !

So, if there was a Maccy`s in Bedlington, would you actually use it?

I find this thread pretty unbelievable!what a load of FAT!

People demanding fast food readily available for their kids! In such a climate of fat people and so much education in the media about fat deaths and costs to NHS because of such fat people I cant understand why more fat food should be sold around here.

BEDLINGTON NEEDS A HEALTH FOOD TAKEAWAY!!

Have a look at the following links; it might add 20 years to your life

www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet

www.healthyfood.uk.com

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/healthy_eating.html

www.HealthyDirect.com

www.healthypulses.co.uk

:lol:

• Like 1

People demanding fast food readily available for their kids!

My points in this thread are not aimed at getting a fast food place in Bedlington, they're a little bit wider reaching than that. What I'm trying to do is correct some of the assumptions made as to why we don't have these things (and yes that includes a leisure centre) and at the same time try and foster some entrepreneurial flair.

I'd use a burger king at least once a week.

I love the Whopper. the only thing that comes close at mcdonnalds is the big tasty, and thats a seasonal thing !

Mr darn you leave yourself wide open(Get It)with your comments :lol: :lol: We all know you love a whopper :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

THE whopper, not A whopper!

Shows where your mind is at eh? eh? EH??! ;)

Macdonnalds... well, i'd have a milkshake every now and again,(another double entandré??) and a big tasty when they are on,(Yes, i know whats in the "special sauce"! ) but thats about it.

The only reason i venture in there for any other reason is the kids like the play area at crammy.

I think a premium fast food place such as Burger King, McDonnalds, Subway etc would actually do the town some good, and make it a little more credible for other businesses to arrive...

I welcome any well known businesses here!

look man read the email!

let it sink in!

right there not coming to bedlington and unless the population explodes or some other miracle they never will!

same goes for other such outlets!

nuff said! :D

• Like 2

we've already got mobydicks, chincillas, bestbite, the golden palace, kings chippy, hot millyuns, valentinos and Greggs!!

and there is aloads more do we really need another fast food industry trying to take customers aways from local ran busniness.

we have loads of bakers, deilis, sandwitch shops on top tbh we dont need anymore.

we've already got mobydicks, chincillas, bestbite, the golden palace, kings chippy, hot millyuns, valentinos and Greggs!!

and there is aloads more do we really need another fast food industry trying to take customers aways from local ran busniness.

we have loads of bakers, deilis, sandwitch shops on top tbh we dont need anymore.

As already said by Monsta and a few others! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

they do food but nowhere for kids to go n sit with mates. Most McD's have soft play for little one's and a place a family can go and chill... and as i say, somewhere teens can meet mates and have a drink/something to eat and be in the warm instead of raking the streets with nowhere to go?? it's not about fast food, its about somewhere to go and sit indoors!

• Like 1

they do food but nowhere for kids to go n sit with mates. Most McD's have soft play for little one's and a place a family can go and chill... and as i say, somewhere teens can meet mates and have a drink/something to eat and be in the warm instead of raking the streets with nowhere to go?? it's not about fast food, its about somewhere to go and sit indoors!

wey they had youth clubs that none of them ever visited! they recked the budge and a doubt mc'ds would want to sent up just for the local kids to hang about in!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now