Make A Fast Food Resteraunt For Teenagers In Bedlington. Restaurant

Make a fast food resteraunt in Bedlington  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not a shortage of fast food it's a shortage of "brand names" across all retail. In the past these probably would have been seen as a bad thing and a sure fire way of putting the independants out of business. That's not an issue anymore as they've kind of done that for themselves. The trouble is now we have a chicken and egg problem.

Im sure there'll be one here soon, however now i think about it , the fact it doesnt have one of these places I see as a good thing, How subway ever became popular i'll never understand. I left the UK for 5-6 years late 90's and remember I thought Subway was tasteless Shi**. Now people'll drive 8 miles to have one?? Making a sarnie yourself was never that hard was it?

Blyth - KFC , Mcdonalds

Ashington - KFC . Mcdonalds ,

Morpeth - Subway

Cramlington - Mcdonalds , Subway

Bedlington - ?????????

Jason we got a subway in bedlington its been here far longer than the others you mention and used about as much! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its under the road on Glebe Road :blink:

Blyth - KFC , Mcdonalds

Ashington - KFC . Mcdonalds ,

Morpeth - Subway

Cramlington - Mcdonalds , Subway

Bedlington - ?????????

bedlington - moby dicks! :D

Also its only a suggestion insted of all the un used buildings such as Red lion , Elliots Garage , Spend n save , The shoe shop , The old school next to the church

those buildings are already spoken for by granny homes, tesco etc

It's not a shortage of fast food it's a shortage of "brand names" across all retail. In the past these probably would have been seen as a bad thing and a sure fire way of putting the independants out of business. That's not an issue anymore as they've kind of done that for themselves. The trouble is now we have a chicken and egg problem.

bedlington is to small for the big names to even think of coming here! all comes down to foot fall

I thought Subway was tasteless Shi**. Now people'll drive 8 miles to have one?? Making a sarnie yourself was never that hard was it?

:lol: to right there stinking rather make me own sarnie! than have some charv who doesn't wash his hands after having a !*!@# ! :lol:

These teenagers - how old are they? No offence, but why pay KFC or McD's absurdly high prices when you can buy half a chicken in Tesco's for much, much less? I'm sure the cafe on the market place - Munchie's or whatever its called - willingly serves teens...

What about the old maxi freeze building next to watsons like i said its only a suggestion i would rather a leisure centre but bedlington only ever get old peoples homes and more houses the best fast food in bedlington is the burger van that comes to the market which may i add is the only good thing about the market .

These teenagers - how old are they? No offence, but why pay KFC or McD's absurdly high prices when you can buy half a chicken in Tesco's for much, much less?

Maybe it's so they can get served by their friends and get free happy meals.

McDonalds and Subway are franchises though Jason, if you think there is a market why not get proactive and do it yourself? You've obviously got at least some ambition by the fact you're posting here about it.

What about the old maxi freeze building next to watsons like i said its only a suggestion i would rather a leisure centre but bedlington only ever get old peoples homes and more houses the best fast food in bedlington is the burger van that comes to the market which may i add is the only good thing about the market .

You must be a connoisseur of fast food/mystery meat in a bap.

Its definately the chicken and the egg, we will never have big brand name stores here in bedlington, not enough people using the Town unlike Ashington, Morpeth, Cramlington, Blyth. Tesco tries to sell everything, it wants to corner the town, it closed the other stores, how long before Greggs goes, their lease i am sure will be up soon as well. As soon as they get planning for Stobhill they'll probably go as well. I'm afriad until things move on and 'brands' do venture here we are stuck with what we have

Edited by Rea

Although in some respects i think it is a great idea i somehow think the council will not allow planning permission for one, most landlords of the vacant properties wont allow hot food takeaways either i suspect. Shame though.

like I said its only a suggestion instead of having 10 unused buildings

The maxi freeze building is used, and owned by people in London. As for the rest of the empty properties on the front street or wherever are any of these viable,or even large enough for McDonalds, without major refurbishment? Also their frontage and signage would not be allowed on the front street also all properties are too near residential domains to get planning permission. So basically this is a non starter!

Are you in the employ of Mcdonalds? If so I suggest you continue serving burgers and give up fighting their cause, don't believe for one minute you'll get any thanks or medals for doing it!

• Like 1

As for the rest of the empty properties on the front street or wherever are any of these viable,or even large enough for McDonalds, without major refurbishment?

Possibly not McDonalds due the seating requirements but certainly a subway.

Also their frontage and signage would not be allowed on the front street also all properties are too near residential domains to get planning permission. So basically this is a non starter!

I agree that McDonalds is probably a non starter but not for your reasons given. Both your statements here as to why are completely false. Firstly McDonalds use a huge variety of signage to satisfy local planning conditions. There are any amount of options here, even a typically lit "halo lit" style McDonalds sign would be well within planning conditions.

Too near residential domains? Says who? Yes change of use would have to be applied for in a number of instances but would not simply be refused for the reasons you have stated.

Why is this pipe dream still being talked about? None of the big fast food chains would even think of opening in bedlington! For two main reasons 1 they've already got shops in nearby towns 2 there are just too few people to use them! So there'll be not sub way or McDonalds in bedlington for the foreseeable future!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now