Should Criminals Be Allowed Home For Christmas

Blank

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The mother of a teenager killed by a police car has said she is "disgusted" that the officer jailed over her death is to be allowed home over Christmas:

http://news.bbc.co.u...yne/8425419.stm

I personally think that sentences should be paid in full without this type of leniency. After all, once John Dougal is released he'll have plenty of time to spend with his family – whereas the family of Hayley will never have her back.

• Like 2

Same as ever one law for us and one law for them!

If the jails are full build some more or start putting some of the scum down, some have given all rights to live up. All child molesters paedo's rapists and out and out murderers should be strung up! No better message than that!

• Like 1

Same as ever one law for us and one law for them!

If the jails are full build some more or start putting some of the scum down, some have given all rights to live up. All child molesters paedo's rapists and out and out murderers should be strung up! No better message than that!

Yea what Merlin Said :rolleyes:

thats british law for you! far to soft give them a telly, food even pay them! now lets let them out for chrimbo!

could be worse the scots let terrorists go cause there not very well. gives a new meaning to "getting off SCOT free" :lol:

We had a simmiler conversation not long ago about this where views were very different... Should be an interesting thread!

I still hold the same ground. If you do the crime, you do the FULL time, regardless of your personal issues/preferences/situation.

After all, thats the whole point of the punnishment no?

Whats next? "England is in the world cup final, can i have the weekend out to watch them play?"

thats british law for you! far to soft give them a telly, food even pay them! now lets let them out for chrimbo!

could be worse the scots let terrorists go cause there not very well. gives a new meaning to "getting off SCOT free" :lol:

is that terrorist gone yet

I am working in a Federal Penitentiary, been here for the past 25 years, I have seen every kind of inmate (offender is preferred!) that there is, it will benefit some inmates but not others you cannot generalize, you think the UK is soft "you ain't seen nuthin!"

Some inmates should be way up north breaking rocks, many inmates are institutionalized and cannot function in the outside word (but we don't help them stay out!) many will never be back, some ask us to hold their jobs until they return! We have bad guys who will never be anything else but BAD!

I have run into ex inmates with their family's who thank us for helping them through their bad times others you wouldn't like to meet in a dark alley. Xmas at home for most low risk inmates would makes life a lot easier for us!(just like early parole)

I think Vic's posting is quite poignant and seeing as he is the only professional amongst us deserves careful consideration.

Blank's original question is really open to quite a variety of interpretation as we have seen and read about many people convicted by the system but who I wouldn't necessarily class as criminals, whilst at the same time we see people who should be criminalised walking away almost scot free. We have also seen many cases where seemingly proven guilt has been disproved years later given modern forensic techniques. This means someone somewhere has to make the call about parole, Xmas releases etc, and they have to judge each case on its individual merits.

Basically the law is written in black and white yet once it is applied so many vested interests come into play to water it down, fuzz the edges or turn the black ink into grey. A conviction or not may even come down to the area the case is tried in or the quality of the legal defence team.

I realise we are talking in generalized terms as far as the thread started off and I am probably in agreement with the majority of the posters, I just think we need to consider the specifics as well.

Well, if i did something small, say Shoplifting... and was jailed for a short time, and that time was over christmas, i certainly wouldn't expect to be allowed out for christmas/birthdays/funerals etc.

Its simply a case of, if you dont want to be in jail during these times, dont commit crime! (or dont get caught! ;) )

Well, if i did something small, say Shoplifting... and was jailed for a short time, and that time was over christmas, i certainly wouldn't expect to be allowed out for christmas/birthdays/funerals etc.

Its simply a case of, if you dont want to be in jail during these times, dont commit crime! (or dont get caught! ;) )

Well said Mr D but incarcerated people nowadays don't think like that as they are spoiled in prison in the U.K and this country my son is with Corrective Services here so i have some insight into whats goes on ...... :D

BLEEDING HEARTS! they have taken over! we all deserve basic rights but when we look after the criminal and not the victim something is wrong, we go to the extreme in giving cons more than basic rights in medical dental, cosmetic (sex changes etc) coverage, I see them going right across the country on "compassionate trips" I've said on another topic there is no accountability for their actions! we are not allowed to punish but only "correct" If we would only give our seniors half of what we give cons, it takes over $100k to keep a con in jail how much would it cost to keep him out?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now