Bringing Bedders Back From The Brink!

Hillbilly

I started a thread about a week ago about the mass exodus of business from Bedders and the state in which it has left our beloved front street - Starting with; Elliots garage, Johnsons shoe shop, the red lion, the 'mortgage' shop, the old schopol, dun cow - need I go on? I checked with the office of national statistics this morning and it is now officially the biggest peacetime evacuation in UK history!

Anyway, I thought I would try to inspire someone to take the plunge with a new business by asking everyone what they want in Bedders?

But wanting a business isn't enough... We cannot just have these businesses set up just to stop the street looking like a scene from a spaghetti western... we must USE them - otherwise they will simply go bust like a lot of their predecessors.

So, lets inspire the someone to take the plunge and set up a business we would all use... collect some views and ideas on what you would 1) like to see and 2) would use regularly?

Edited by Jim

I started a thread about a week ago about the mass exodus of business from Bedders and the state in which it has left our beloved front street - Starting with; Elliots garage, Johnsons shoe shop, the red lion, the 'mortgage' shop, the old schopol, dun cow - need I go on? I checked with the office of national statistics this morning and it is now officially the biggest peacetime evacuation in UK history!

Anyway, I thought I would try to inspire someone to take the plunge with a new business by asking everyone what they want in Bedders?

But wanting a business isn't enough... We cannot just have these businesses set up just to stop the street looking like a scene from a spaghetti western... we must USE them - otherwise they will simply go bust like a lot of their predecessors.

So, lets inspire the someone to take the plunge and set up a business we would all use... collect some views and ideas on what you would 1) like to see and 2) would use regularly?

eh lets see 1 clothes shops, electrical shops and other shops apart from restuarants, takeaways and hairdressers. 2 the shops in other towns as bedlington sucks in the retail sector!

Atleast it looks abit nicer with the front street, will look nicer without the metal fences, the christmas events may not be great but its a start, i think old Bedlington is going to get a bit better as time goes on :)

Hi Jim, this is one I have been wondering for a while and started a topic 2 years ago almost to the day http://www.bedlingto...__1entry16482

You can't see anything for dust when the businesses open and close almost like a revolving door, new business success can be measured in weeks in Bedders, Donna's clothes, Wedding shop. Although there are the exceptions, the dog grooming place is one. It seems unless you are a estate agent, hairdresser, solicitor or takeaway then your success is limited. Although big congrats to the ones who have made it, a third barbers wouldn't have been an obvious choice.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now