Are We Now Part Of A New Morpethshire?

Driving into Bedlington this afternoon I noticed a sign at the Plessey junction trying to make me bypass Bedlington in favour of Morpeth and the Sanderson Arcade which I thought was a bit cheeky. Luckily I resisted and made it safely into Bedders uncorrupted.

Then on a trip to Tesco's to get my evening meal I was drawn to the "local books" cardboard stand at the entrance. No Bedlington books but many of Morpeth. What's going on?

Possibly a sign that there are not the visitors they wanted. This developement was ratified prior to the recession so it could be hitting hard. I have been to have a look at it and yes, its nice, but I really thought it would be more impressive than it is after all the 'hype'. Its still a lot better than the forgotten Shire (BEDLINGTONSHIRE) . Hopefully we can catch up. I remember Morpeth over 10 years years ago when things were run down and many shops empty and shut. It hasnt taken them long to get it how it is now. We should take a leaf from their book of redevelopment and follow suite.

COUNCILLORS/MP's should be ashamed of themselves allowing Bedlington to become the forgotten land and should start rectifying things with money other than hand outs and lottery grants

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now