Need Someone To Digitise 8Mm Cine Film

threegee

Film is pretty valuable so I don't want to post it just in case. This is standard 8 not super, and there is lots of it (both b&w and colour).

I'd prefer if it was scanned stop-frame to the highest quality vid possible. I could probably rig one of these video camera prism things myself as there's an old B&H projector available, but the gate jitter plus wear and tear on the film would bother me. I'd imagine that the original clockwork camera gate jitter can be removed electronically these days.

Can this media still be photographically replicated? i.e. printed.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

GGG - I got all my Dad's standard 8 stuff converted to DVD maybe 10+ years ago;  he had something like 40 large reels of the stuff.  It was one of the best things I've done as it enabled me to organize everything on my PC;  getting footage in the correct order, correcting over/under exposure issues (and the dreaded frame/gate jitter), adding captions and sound, and so on.  It helped that I had the full-fat Adobe Creative Studio which included their video editing suite Premier so many a happy hour was spent on the task ... it was addictive so be warned, once you start to edit you'll miss meals, dog walking, bed times.  The best part was once the project was completed I was able to burn personal DVD copies for family members. Previous to this the footage was never viewed even though I still have my Dad's old projector.  Obviously, lots of the footage I found very poignant.  

Best of luck and enjoy the project.

Edited by Symptoms

I also spent many hours/ days converting our Standard 8 and Super 8 cine films, projector, screen and background music,(poor quality) then later onto DVD, I tried editing but found even bad pictures or double exposed sections were worth keeping! 

At my wedding 1962 my dad bought a 9.5 camera with film in it, then he had it developed, we have never been able to view it! looking at the film you can see us getting into our BMW (Isseta!) car and driving away, I had a company try and convert it but got nothing back, just a blank tape.(I still have the camera.)

In 1963 My dad and I bought a used Standard 8 camera from a gentleman in Bedlington! we then progressed on to Super 8 and eventually VHS, now I'm looking at how to get the DVD onto my computer and thumb drives

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now