Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

threegee

Just came across this... and yes, it is a valid english word.

Can you work out what it means? No Googling or Wikipediaing until you've made an effort!

This word cropped up on tonight's BBC4 edition of brainiac panel show "QI".

Also, it turns out that the number of the beast is, in fact, 616.

You lives, you learns.

Saw that CK but one thing puzzels me, if the subject matter is religion, which is really a belief in something which grounds it, then does it not transpire that 666 is indeed the numeral of the beast as it has been belived in by people over millennia or was their core belief just wrong?

For me 50 is far more scarrier than 666!

We now know where threegee moonlights, making up questions for QI!

Saw that CK but one thing puzzels me, if the subject matter is religion, which is really a belief in something which grounds it, then does it not transpire that 666 is indeed the numeral of the beast as it has been belived in by people over millennia or was their core belief just wrong?

For me 50 is far more scarrier than 666!

We now know where threegee moonlights, making up questions for QI!

The Colonel knows because he is really Old Nick himself.

The belief that 666 is the number of the beast is based a statement made in the Book of Revelation. It was discovered in 2005 that this statement had been translated incorrectly.

Anyone believing in this type of thing should now think that 616 is the relevant figure, since this is what the Bible (really) says.

The belief that 666 is the number of the beast is based a statement made in the Book of Revelation. It was discovered in 2005 that this statement had been translated incorrectly.

Anyone believing in this type of thing should now think that 616 is the relevant figure, since this is what the Bible (really) says.

Thats what happens when the phone companies keep changing the local area codes. They just won't leave well enough alone! :)

What a load of doody, is this relevant to anything? :blink: