Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

threegee

Guest missvic
So you don't enjoy another point of view or opinion, I have to live with it but I don't subscribe to the ridiculous deist fantasy, live with it little man. :)

the colonel is not a little man!

So you don't enjoy another point of view or opinion, I have to live with it but I don't subscribe to the ridiculous deist fantasy, live with it little man. :)

I have been fortunate enough to have Gay, Atheist, orthodox, anti and pro Brit friends. and many others of different opinions. My wife's family in the US think of me as a damned soul since I enjoy all of these varied opinions, relationships and attitudes. I just think of them as hopelessly out of touch with the realities of life in this wonderfully multi cultural and multi interest world.

Swalnalla is one the several people with whom I have enjoyed discussing all and sundry topics. He is a good friend, and a good man. My life would be much duller without his opinions, not all of which I agree with!

God forbid that I be condemned to listen to, or read only those with whom I agree

I often find CK or Denzel, or several others a little mundane, or even boring. But I look forward to their opinions. They occasionally surprise, and delight me.

Swalnalla has known for many years that I am a hopeless Deist. But my Father was an Irish Catholic and my Mother Greek Orthodox, and my 74 years of life have taught me that education comes from listening to and appreciating all people of whatever persuasion or belief system.

Lets not catagorise anyone. That way lies total boredom and no chance of learning something new

and interesting.

Please don't attempt to shape this site to meet rigid requirements. Otherwise you will find life very dull, boring, and lonly.

Joe

Lets not catagorise anyone. That way lies total boredom and no chance of learning something new

and interesting.

Please don't attempt to shape this site to meet rigid requirements. Otherwise you will find life very dull, boring, and lonly.

Joe

Don't think that will happen in this site Joe, if anything the moderators let too much through!

I agree you need knowledge to make the decisions pertinent to your own life and mixing with others who are not of the same mind can only be benificial as you see and hear other ideas. Of course that depends on someone having an open mind and willing to explore other ways of doing things. The problem seems to be that it is that very "openess" which allows the zealots in, and not just religious ones! I presume it is hoped that society is educated enough to recognise these extreamists for what they are and disregard their teachings because the only other option is to have a closed society and that is somethign we like to think we will fight against. Recent global events and their "local" repercussions would tend to make me wonder if we are now on a knife edge between the two states or indeed if a Totaliterian state dosn't already exist in the UK?

I have been fortunate enough to have Gay, Atheist, orthodox, anti and pro Brit friends. and many others of different opinions. My wife's family in the US think of me as a damned soul since I enjoy all of these varied opinions, relationships and attitudes. I just think of them as hopelessly out of touch with the realities of life in this wonderfully multi cultural and multi interest world.

Swalnalla is one the several people with whom I have enjoyed discussing all and sundry topics. He is a good friend, and a good man. My life would be much duller without his opinions, not all of which I agree with!

God forbid that I be condemned to listen to, or read only those with whom I agree

I often find CK or Denzel, or several others a little mundane, or even boring. But I look forward to their opinions. They occasionally surprise, and delight me.

Swalnalla has known for many years that I am a hopeless Deist. But my Father was an Irish Catholic and my Mother Greek Orthodox, and my 74 years of life have taught me that education comes from listening to and appreciating all people of whatever persuasion or belief system.

and interesting.

Joe

(Cue sound of J Rooney's name being scratched off Denzel's Christmas card list. Folds arms and mutters 'harumph'.)

(Cue sound of J Rooney's name being scratched off Denzel's Christmas card list. Folds arms and mutters 'harumph'.)

And a happy "Harumph" to you too Denzel!

I want to know who the several others are! I take things to heart...I hope it isn't me!! :o

No, never you Ms Hair,

You remind me too much of my youngest daughter.

Joe

Maybe I will pay a visit to the market tavern soon, there is at least one sane person. :)

After reading some his responses, I have occasionally thought that Denzel desperately yearns to be fourteen again!

"God forbid that I be condemned to listen to, or read only those with whom I agree

I often find CK or Denzel, or several others a little mundane, or even boring. But I look forward to their opinions. They occasionally surprise, and delight me."

I find the colonel and denzels contributions to this community anything but boring. Indeed i find denzels sense of humour, helps to brighten my other wise dull days as i check the community every day. I have been accessing this site for almost a year and whilst i have not met either of the afore mentioned gentleman, calling these upstanding citizens boring and dull as joe has done is a little harsh. As far as i have seen denzel and the colonel epitomise the spirit of this site and of bedlington!!!

(This is my first post but will def not be my last as I have been riled into action by Joe)

"God forbid that I be condemned to listen to, or read only those with whom I agree

I often find CK or Denzel, or several others a little mundane, or even boring. But I look forward to their opinions. They occasionally surprise, and delight me."

I find the colonel and denzels contributions to this community anything but boring. Indeed i find denzels sense of humour, helps to brighten my other wise dull days as i check the community every day. I have been accessing this site for almost a year and whilst i have not met either of the afore mentioned gentleman, calling these upstanding citizens boring and dull as joe has done is a little harsh. As far as i have seen denzel and the colonel epitomise the spirit of this site and of bedlington!!!

(This is my first post but will def not be my last as I have been riled into action by Joe)

Hey lads, introducing the founding member of your fan club!!

;) brace yourselves for expanding heads when they read wanderers post!

Hey lads, introducing the founding member of your fan club!!

;) brace yourselves for expanding heads when they read wanderers post!

I am not saying that i agree with everything they say. Just that they add abit of colour and frivolity to the discussions on this sight. i feel this board would be a less colourful place without their input which i think joe was trying to suggest. More interesting then malcolm roibinsons political rants. i love bedlington as much as the next man but honestly i sometimes feel that we are all being preached to......!

As far as i have seen denzel and the colonel epitomise the spirit of this site and of bedlington!!!

Most of us will put that down to a "learning and acclimatisation" period, I know Joe and he has never 'riled' anyone, have a nice day wanderer.

PS Malcolm loves to preach, have you seen him in action? :rolleyes:

Most of us will put that down to a "learning and acclimatisation" period, I know Joe and he has never 'riled' anyone, have a nice day wanderer.

PS Malcolm loves to preach, have you seen him in action? :rolleyes:

Liked that one as well Swalnalla and don't knock on my door in the AM as I will be sacrificing a goat to the unholy deighty that is WDC!

CK, let's buy this lad a few beers. He knows his chipole.