Coal Suppliers.

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know of any solid fuel suppliers in bedlington as I have finally managed to get a council house in bedlington but, it still has a solid fuel fire. It is on the list for a gas conversion but until then I need to find a reliable supplier.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know of any solid fuel suppliers in bedlington as I have finally managed to get a council house in bedlington but, it still has a solid fuel fire. It is on the list for a gas conversion but until then I need to find a reliable supplier.

cpl at sleekburn does home deliverys or pick it up yourself in prepacked bags! (beside the scrapyards) or theres armstrongs from newbiggin there both listed at yell.com :D

We bought our coke from Straughan (sp?) on Station Road Stannington - which is perhaps nearer. Though the last time I was there was well over ten years ago.

Is James on West Sleekburn Industrial Estate now CPL? Used to go there too, but I got upset about the number of damaged plastic sacks and the resulting mess in the back of the car. Tip: refuse anything with any kind of hole as the plastic isn't at all strong and will split.

Keenleysides will probably have the small sacks of smokeless to get you started. Phone number on site here.

Let everone know how you get on and where you get the best service/deal please.

• Like 1

I usually get it from CPL at Sleekburn too but I've never heard of Straughan. If anybody knows if they're still around then that might be better for me. I'm running out of wood so will probably need some shortly.

I usually get it from CPL at Sleekburn too but I've never heard of Straughan. If anybody knows if they're still around then that might be better for me. I'm running out of wood so will probably need some shortly.

you dont buy cpl wood do you? at them prices! :blink:

I'm running out of wood so will probably need some shortly.

There's a guy with a little truck that brings it down from Kielder at (what was) a reasonable price for a transit-type truck load. Saw him parked down the church lane outside the council houses facing twenty acres a long while back. Maybe knock on a few doors down there and ask as I've lost the phone number - unless anyone else has his details?

Was quoted about £45, but I'd expect fuel price inflation to have upped that.

We bought our coke from Straughan (sp?) on Station Road Stannington - which is perhaps nearer. Though the last time I was there was well over ten years ago.

Is James on West Sleekburn Industrial Estate now CPL? Used to go there too, but I got upset about the number of damaged plastic sacks and the resulting mess in the back of the car. Tip: refuse anything with any kind of hole as the plastic isn't at all strong and will split.

Keenleysides will probably have the small sacks of smokeless to get you started. Phone number on site here.

Let everone know how you get on and where you get the best service/deal please.

I worked for Straughans when i was a kid they were at New Hartley does anyone remember them

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

the sea!

_45383459_16_1_coal.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now