Bmx Track At Gallagher Park

I remember it, although i also remember thinking you'd need a motorbike to use it properly!!!

I hope the new park is along the lines of the one at cramlington, with a propper bowl for the skateboarders too!

Any plans posted anywhere to look at?

Yeah when I remember where I put them, stand by!

• 3 months later...

I support better facilites for Bedlington. Good news about the BMX track - however just to kill the buzz a bit, who will fund mantaining it and dealing with the increased litter problem, policing needs etc. as you can bet your life kids will hang around there late and drink etc. I know I know, they do anyway, but I think it will increase it.

Alas Gallagher Park and surrounding common and woodlands does not have "country park" status. If it was, it would probably be better maintained, better paths, landscaping, bins, dog poo bins etc. I have always thought it would be nice if was like Weetslade Country Park. I asked the council once but they said we have Bedlington Country Park and Plessey Woods so they have no more funding for any additional ones near here.

I was quite amused to see the addition of 3 rustic benches on the heap recently though, installed at great expense to the taxpayer :)

Last year having seen a "community payback" scheme in action at QEII country park, where shamed criminals were improving the paths and disabled access, I made some initial enquiries to see if maybe a similar scheme could happen with the heap. At the very least it is in dire need of a serious litter pick. I got a couple of contacts but life got in the way and have been too busy to carry it forward. If anyone interested please send me a message and I can pass on the contacts. It would be a way to improve the facilities without the use of the council's nonexistent coffers. I think if I remember right, national ring fenced money from the probation service is used.

• Like 1

Im not keen on the Idea. I would not let my kids (not that I have any) ride/walk down that small dark road next to the police station to get to the BMX track.

I can remember the one where the police station is. It was crap. Always full of muddy puddles and kids sitting round drinkin.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now