Reporting Local Issues

I've noticed a few threads recently relating to "neighbourhood issues" and thought a dedicated facility here for people to raise them, discuss with others, follow the progress to resolution etc. might be a good idea. It would give local officials something to check/comment on and prioritise issues of concern.

Would you use such a thing?

• Like 1

I've noticed a few threads recently relating to "neighbourhood issues" and thought a dedicated facility here for people to raise them, discuss with others, follow the progress to resolution etc. might be a good idea. It would give local officials something to check/comment on and prioritise issues of concern.

it would be as much use as northumberland council! :lol:

• Like 1

Doesn't upyouralley.com ;) (or something) attempt to do this? When I looked a year or so back all it had about Bedders was a long dead (and unresolved) complaint about doggie poo on the grass.

Something more focussed would probably be a goer if given time - complaining is one thing people are good at! So yes, I'd use it.

• Like 1

Yeah similar to the upyouralley thing but like you say more focussed. Best to display by area or by issue type? I was thinking it might be best to split by parish council area but still have no idea on the current structure of local government. Is it now west, east and central? or just east and west? There'll need to be a category for general county issues as well maybe? I think it's important to get that right from the outset but everything else would just build "organically" (sick of that word)

OK I've put something up to get going, it's just west and east bedlington at the moment but we'll see how it develops. When I get a chance and the quirks are ironed out I'll more widely publicise it.

It's pretty wide open and flexible at the moment but we can start to focus in on things as they crop up. One thing I will add is an ability to assign issues to people if there is any participation from official representatives.

Get moaning...

http://www.bedlington.co.uk/community/tracker/

No

I've got several things, but I don't think Gordon Brown will be reading it.

If he is I'd like to know where my tax refund is?

We've (unavoidably) paid the tax that was due twice, and he wouldn't give me several months (near interest free) to pay what I owe him. I suspect he's blown my meagre earnings and hasn't got the money to pay what he owes! (Maybe he can't print it fast enough? rolleyes.gif) Different excuse every time from the tax office. What a way to run a country! mad.gif

No

Yes I have decided that I have got a whinge,

Having been born in this country and worked in this country all of my life, paid my tax and national insurance and being nearly 63 years of age. My employer has now asked me to prove that I am eligible to work in the UK.

Has anyone else come across this with their employer?

Yes I have decided that I have got a whinge,

Having been born in this country and worked in this country all of my life, paid my tax and national insurance and being nearly 63 years of age. My employer has now asked me to prove that I am eligible to work in the UK.

Has anyone else come across this with their employer?

probably because your now the minority pete! claim racism and ask for compo!

You could be right but I doubt whether I would get compo :lol:

Apparently its the law according to my local MP

would he be of asia origin ?

or from the liberal democrats! :lol:

Edited by Monsta®

would he be of asia origin ?

or from the liberal democrats! :lol:

No she's white and Labour :D

Apparently there was a law passed in 1996, superseded in 1998 and again in 2004 which has been updated in 2008 that requires employee's to prove eligibility to work in the UK, sounds a bit like we are all being treated as asylum seekers or immigrants

Could somebody please help me out with some boundary issues? North Bedlington covers Choppington Guidepost and Stakeford but how is East and West divided?

West Bedlington Parish is the Bedlington West and Bedlington Central wards of the County. Gallagher Park is in East Bedlington Parish, Beaufront Park is in West, then the boundary south of Gallagher Park cuts through Rosalind Avenue, Lily Avenue and Cornwell Crescent. All a bit arbitrary. I think Choppington aka North Bedlington is a natural community but splitting Bedlington in two was daft.

• Like 2

... I think Choppington aka North Bedlington is a natural community but splitting Bedlington in two was daft.

Divide and conquer? Perhaps more accurately expressed as emasculate. dry.gif

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now