Buying A Stake In Nufc

Jester

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) have released to the media, details of the opportunity to invest in a consortium to buy out the present idiot in charge of NUFC.

Full details are at:- My link

There are various options to how to release cash if you are interested in having a say in the running of your club!

If it works....i for one couldn't be happier if it's run along the lines of Barcelona FC!

If it doesn't....then God help us and let's start praying for a cash-rich saviour to come our way!( hold on....this smells of what we were hoping for, when Big Mike came along :blink: )

I for one, will be keeping an eye on the situation and may think about investing. Pity it's in the middle of a Credit Crunch as i think any other time, there would be a huge response.

I'm getting sick and tired of that "FFB" sitting at St.James'Park(it'll always be that to us) and wondering what next he can do to try and get his own back for all the demos, threats etc in the past!

Any other Toon fans thinking of doing the same?

Anybody any thoughts on this?

• Like 2

...the opportunity to invest...

Nobody in Bedlington knows less about football than I, but as a long-term investor and fund trustee I don't think there is any way you can call putting money into ANY football club an investment. That goes for big fish investors as well as small.

Sure it's an very interesting and nice thing to do, but it's not a bankable investment in the sense that if you spread your money over multiple clubs you'd be almost certain of a long term gain. Is there such a thing as a football club investment trust? People do make money through owning clubs, but that is the exception rather than the rule, and often more by luck in timing than by judgment. There's an ever decreasing supply of "vanity investors" at the moment to make this come about.

So the usual cautions more than apply. i.e. never "invest" more than you are prepared to lose, and shares can go down as well as up.

I'd have thought that a campaign focusing on the (re) naming of the ground would have a very good chance. There is perhaps enough public support to ensure that any change could be made to look a farce, and holding naming rights made embarasing for prospective purchasers. It wouldn't involve much expenditure, and only an investment of free time. smile.gif

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Confirmed - not a serious investment!

Such behaviour should be strictly reserved for Annual General Meetings! tongue.gif

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now