Rememberance Day

I've heard a rumour that Bedlington will not be hosting a rememberance day parade, does anyone know any different ?

• Like 2

Did we have one then? I know there was one in Morpeth. Did that replace all the individual ones?

Apparently we did, there are wreaths on the cenotaph, sadly I missed it :(

It was at 2pm as always! this has always puzzled me. Why does bedlington have one at this time? When everyone else has it at 11 am as it should be!

As long as we had one, I had heard rumours that there wasn't going to be one, my poison pen was ready for assault to the council, but when I saw the roadblocks go up and saw the bands congregating I knew there was going to be one

The rumours were about this new poxy council not providing police support for this event because of cost,that is why some random bloke in a pick up was blocking the road! Good on him giving his time for nowt in a good cause and shame on the council for putting cost before feelings, especially in a case like this.But I still say we should have it at 11am!

The rumours were about this new poxy council not providing police support for this event because of cost,that is why some random bloke in a pick up was blocking the road! Good on him giving his time for nowt in a good cause and shame on the council for putting cost before feelings, especially in a case like this.But I still say we should have it at 11am!

If it's over cost then I have my pen at the ready, how dare they cancel or even think about cancelling over costs, those guys gave their lives, they should be remembered as should the current serving soldiers giving their all

My uncle was one of the many who gave their life for this country. I think he would be very sad at what is going on in this country, its as if he gave his life for nowt :(:angry:

I really hope cost wasn't a factor, cos I will kick off big style. It's the same when the Bedlington Fayre was cancelled, apparently the poclie were charging too much to cover the event, hence no fair, hence no extra income for the town, seriously I am thinking of emigrating as this country has cost on the brain

I really hope cost wasn't a factor, cos I will kick off big style. It's the same when the Bedlington Fayre was cancelled, apparently the poclie were charging too much to cover the event, hence no fair, hence no extra income for the town, seriously I am thinking of emigrating as this country has cost on the brain

The times we live in Andy! But because we have so many people who believe everything the government/council spout then we have no chance! :angry:

Having spent some time 'workshadowing' the lady organising the Remembrance Day Service and Parade (the Town Council will be taking it on as an official duty from next year), I know there was some doubt about the road closure but not the service. I was told by the local police that their events officer said it would be unlawful for a police officer to be involved in traffic management for a pre-planned event. I'm told that it was the county council who stepped in and saved the day, contrary to rumours.

Merlin, I've always assumed that Bedlington's service was at 2pm so that the MP and Wansbeck District council officials could go to the Ashington one in the morning and Bedlington in the afternoon. Now that Wansbeck is no more I think it would be worth looking at moving it to the more traditional 11am.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now