The Face Of Corporate Evil

Monsta®

Don't worry, he will be cut off from his cozy non-job long before any downloaders are terminated. People concerned with this will make the right noises for about six months then all will be forgotten.

Actually, I wonder if under Mandelson's Law would see me cut off for torrenting a fully legit Ubuntu Karmic CD .iso from the original source just now? Who is going to vet every single KB of data (which could easily be heavily encrypted)?

There will always be a work-around of any dumb rules. TPB trackers are hardly missed as it has given a boost to P2P tracking technology; which seems to work remarkably well now. I've noticed several torrents still going strong long after the trackers listed in the .torrent files have died. Files acquired purely for academic research purposes - of course! :unsure:

i can see a price hike if the isp's are forced to police the net! typical not only do the fat record companies win but the isp's will have a free spell to hike up the broadband prices for a while! :o

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now