Best Place To Buy Windows 7?

threegee

So... looks like I'm stuck with buying a copy for a touch tablet machine that's currently burdened with Vista Biz Edition, and has only 1GB of RAM that can't be upgraded. sad.gif

W7 Home looks to do all I need on it, and I don't want any more M$ bloat than is absolutely necessary. So where do I get the best deal on W7 Home? Is getting an upgrade a money saver? Some upgrades seem to cost more than clean install versions!

So... looks like I'm stuck with buying a copy for a touch tablet machine that's currently burdened with Vista Biz Edition, and has only 1GB of RAM that can't be upgraded. sad.gif

W7 Home looks to do all I need on it, and I don't want any more M$ bloat than is absolutely necessary. So where do I get the best deal on W7 Home? Is getting an upgrade a money saver? Some upgrades seem to cost more than clean install versions!

probably play.com as you save on postage! :D its 68 quid for home premium upgrade malarki! :D

thats quite cheap up against vista when it first came out! as i recall vista home was about 80 or 90!

think al wait for the "Your versoin has expired/ your copy of windows is not genuine" to pop up first! :lol:

Dunno if I can "upgrade" a Vista Biz to a Home Premium though. The proper path is supposed to be to the Pro version of W7. But I really don't need the Pro features (or the extra bloat) on a tiny tablet. Nor do I like the fancy £160 price to fix something which should never have been broken! mad.gif

Your pre-release version is supposed to start shutting down after 2 hours around March. So no difference fom Vista there then! tongue.gif

I stayed away from the £50 offer - no longer available - because it didn't qualify for upgrades; or that's what I was told.

Dunno if I can "upgrade" a Vista Biz to a Home Premium though. The proper path is supposed to be to the Pro version of W7. But I really don't need the Pro features (or the extra bloat) on a tiny tablet. Nor do I like the fancy £160 price to fix something which should never have been broken! mad.gif

Your pre-release version is supposed to start shutting down after 2 hours around March. So no difference fom Vista there then! tongue.gif

I stayed away from the £50 offer - no longer available - because it didn't qualify for upgrades; or that's what I was told.

looks like a clean install is required! :D

Hey, look what I found!

http://www.microsoft...n/studentoffer/

Where do I enrol in education localy? wink.gif

Seems like you can do a clean install with an upgrade edition too. Possibly - as in ye olden days - you have to stick the DVD in the original machine to validate it and extract a key before proceeding?

Hey, look what I found!

http://www.microsoft...n/studentoffer/

Where do I enrol in education localy? wink.gif

Seems like you can do a clean install with an upgrade edition too. Possibly - as in ye olden days - you have to stick the DVD in the original machine to validate it and extract a key before proceeding?

£30 quid! wonder what happens if i just make up a false email! :lol:

is it just me or is buying a copy of windows seven a complete nightmare, I'm confused as a monkey trying to climb a puzzle tree!

firstly do i want a version upgrade or a product update?

then if a want a full version do i want home premium e version or home premium n version

it just dont make sense and to make it worse when you try to find out nobody's answers are the same! :blink:

well i've got a home premium family pack here which says "upgrade" and is "designed for Windows Vista". Not sure about n and e. North America and Europe perhaps?

so can you do a clean install with that version? would that be a product or version upgrade? :blink:

is it just me or is buying a copy of windows seven a complete nightmare, I'm confused as a monkey trying to climb a puzzle tree!

firstly do i want a version upgrade or a product update?

then if a want a full version do i want home premium e version or home premium n version

it just dont make sense and to make it worse when you try to find out nobody's answers are the same! :blink:

Welcome to the wonderful world of M$! :D

Do you want the version that promises to deliver what you were mislead in to thinking you'd already bought, or do you want the version which unlocks some of the features we went to a lot of trouble disabling, simply to be able to part you from even more money?

Uncertainty, Fear, and Doubt - all major M$ "profit centers".

well i've got a home premium family pack here which says "upgrade" and is "designed for Windows Vista". Not sure about n and e. North America and Europe perhaps?

Not what was advertised I think! Still, you could always have asked a Currys/Dixons Salesperson, just to be sure! :P

Or Noobs and Experts? :D

What's the betting that there will be an unforeseen shortage of this cheap upgrade route come the Christmas trade, and come the rapid establishment of W7 as a must-have.

so can you do a clean install with that version? would that be a product or version upgrade? :blink:

Guess we are going to find this out quite soon; as two of the machines to upgrade run XP - one Pro and one the "Dirt cheap for Netbooks 'cos we don't want anyone to actually try Linux" Version!

the "n" stands for the mediaplayer that come with the version as far as i can find out! im still in the dark! :lol:

windows vista was a let down because it was a rubbish os

windows 7 is becoming a let down cause its too fn confusing

what happened to the three standard versions like you got with 2000 and xp i.e home, pro and mediacentre!

wouldn't care i've just sold my mediacentre xp version on That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds! :blink:

am doomed to use a pirate version again! :(

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now