Your Favourite Photos

Andy Millne

Post the best photos you've seen here...

They can be technically excellent, historically iconic, thought prevoking or just pics of your cat confused by a mirror. Totally up to you but please credit the photographer if known.

post-1-12557823665969_thumb.jpg

wow that's a difficult one, I've looked at a lot of images, especially when I was studying photography.

my favourite style of imagery is photojournalism, not usually technically perfect but rather a moment in time, too many to choose from.

check out this slide show of some of the worlds most thought provoking and powerful images.

WARNING CONTAINS MATERIAL WITH GRAPHIC CONTENT WHICH SOME MAY FIND DISTURBING

http://www.worldpressphoto.org/50years/flash.html

• 1 year later...

mcnaught3_kemppainen.jpg

Credit & Copyright: Antti Kemppainen

Explanation: Sometimes the sky itself is the best show in town. On January 26, people from Perth, Australia gathered on a local beach to watch a sky light up with delights near and far. Nearby, fireworks exploded as part of Australia Day celebrations. On the far right, lightning from a thunderstorm flashed in the distance. Near the image center, though, seen through clouds, was the most unusual sight of all: Comet McNaught. The photogenic comet was so bright that it even remained visible though the din of Earthly flashes. Comet McNaught continues to move out from the Sun and dim, but should remain visible in southern skies with binoculars through the end of this month. The above image is actually a three photograph panorama digitally processed to reduce red reflections from the exploding firework.

Edited by Brettly

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now