Street In Middlesex Shows Power Of Citizen Journalism

Andy Millne

Talk Talk security "expert" shows street with news feeds coming from every house in street.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ogy/8305379.stm

TalkTalk has long been an outspoken critic of government plans to cut off persistent file-sharers

This is from the same Talk Talk who cuts off file sharing ports from 08:30, ahem allegedly, I was told, by someone <cough>

This is from the same Talk Talk who cuts off file sharing ports from 08:30, ahem allegedly, I was told, by someone <cough>

i had bother accessing rapidshare i had to change my mtu to get back on!

heres a question how exactly do they know if your downloading copyright stuff if its in a password encrypted rar file with a completely antonomous name like file.001.rar for example? it seem like a pipe dream to me! :D

i had bother accessing rapidshare i had to change my mtu to get back on!

heres a question how exactly do they know if your downloading copyright stuff if its in a password encrypted rar file with a completely antonomous name like file.001.rar for example? it seem like a pipe dream to me! biggrin.gif

Port blocking for popular file sharing progs (Limewire, Kazaa, WinMX, my informant tells me he could start downloading quite happily over various file sharing progs, then at 08:30 they would just stop, downloads would stream in at a nice rate then drop off exponentially at half eight, and wouldn't work again till roughly 7pm.

Port blocking for popular file sharing progs (Limewire, Kazaa, WinMX, my informant tells me he could start downloading quite happily over various file sharing progs, then at 08:30 they would just stop, downloads would stream in at a nice rate then drop off exponentially at half eight, and wouldn't work again till roughly 7pm.

limewire, kazaa who uses that virus riddled way anymore?

limewire, kazaa who uses that virus riddled way anymore?

Well not me, ahem ever, cough, erm I may have done sort of in the past. Soulseek was good for music, erm previews that I paid for later honest, ahem

Haven't heard of these progs since Bittorrent came on the scene, reminds me need a film for tomorrow night ;)

Soulseek was apparently good for music I heard ;)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now