What Camera Gear Are You Using?

Andy Millne

I've been using a Canon 500D. I was tempted by the high def movie mode and the flexibility interchangeable lenses brings to this.

Likes...

• Low light performance.
  • Interchangeable lenses.
  • large display.
  • High resolution.
  • Very low time to first shot.

Dislikes...
  • Intentionally crippled movie mode that forces bodges to get full manual control.
  • No external mic input. (Using an external Zoom H2 Audio Recorder)
  • no 25fps option at 1080p movie mode.

• Like 1

Nice choice!, I'm a Nikon guy myself, started with F70 35mm film camera and a fast 50mm prime lens (which I still use today!)my first digital was a coolpix 5700 which I bought back in 2002 or 3 have had a range of pro nikon bodies over last 5-6 six years and I'm currently using a D700 which is the dog's danglies!!!

I'm a total gear freak, I love my cameras. :D

I've been using a Canon 500D. I was tempted by the high def movie mode and the flexibility interchangeable lenses brings to this.

Likes...

• Low light performance.
  • Interchangeable lenses.
  • large display.
  • High resolution.
  • Very low time to first shot.

Dislikes...
  • Intentionally crippled movie mode that forces bodges to get full manual control.
  • No external mic input. (Using an external Zoom H2 Audio Recorder)
  • no 25fps option at 1080p movie mode.

Nikon D70 and Nikon 200 superb camara's

Good question, beyond disposable holiday snaps I've NEVER used a film camera. Sign of the times (Never thought I'd say that :) ) but it's similar to Newspapers, general consensus is kids being born today will never read a newspaper either.

Is anyone still shooting film?

film! thought it was banned or illegal or somit! any way its a bit old hat and faffy, all them chemicals and dark bags, then standing about in dark rooms for hours. heap of sh,ite a much prefer sitting next to the pc a clicking print! rather more instant and mess free! :D

Ashully everyone is - indirectly. You wouldn't be using your computer (or your digital camera even) if it wasn't for good old photography. The printed circuit boards (and the chips themselves) are wedded to light and negatives and chemicals, over and over and over again during manufacturing. Ditto the sensors, and screens.

It will be a very long time before any of these goes "fully digital". If you've seen the size of some of the process cameras and photo plotters in use you'll appreciate that the photographic film business isn't going to shut up shop until most of the 21st C. is out. :D

yep I doubt if there are many still shooting film, but developing and darkroom printing were a big part of the hobby. I haven't been in a dark room for over 3 years now, and I must say I don't miss it!! loading 35mm reels was bad enough but trying to load roll film (medium format) on to a spool was a pain!

I also think the current crop of pro spec DSLRs are surpassing the qaulity of medium format now, and not be long until they catch sheet film (sheet film is 10x8 inch or 5x4 inch neg's)

Whoops... forgot to mention that mine's a little Panasonic Lumix LZ10. Surprising that Amazon has no customer reviews when it's been out so long.

Brilliant little camera that beats both my ageing Cannon G series ones hollow on nearly all counts. Image stabilisation *really* works, and I can get the shot when most bigger cameras are still struggling with setup. Good low-light performance; takes standard AA batteries; and the video is truly amazing. The best part is that it cost little more than £100! Incredible! cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Using and old Sony at the moment but the model number escapes me!

I'm looking around at the moment for a new DSLR to compliment my business and in total awe of the Nikon 300. Still hanging about, seeing how far the price will drop now that the newer 300s is out.

Haven't started buying kit yet, so could still be tempted by Canon!

Stuck in the middle here....want a Canon because of the availability of some cheap lens off a friend but really prefer the handling of the Nikon.

Got to make my mind up soon....been dawdling for 12 months now! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

cheap Finepix S5800, bit out dated now but seems to do the trick.

http://owen-edwards.fotopic.net/p62295946.html

although i do have fliters and graduated fliters as well for it.

loves.....about it light weight small.

dislikes....poor light just blurs and need a tripod and even then pics are not to very good standard.

im planning to get the new Panisoinc Lumix G1

• 4 months later...

I used to use film and i have to say its still better than digital. But when a memory card can fit so many on it - photography is now in the age tommy gun lazy arsed shooters. Its easy and i do it myself. Shame really

just replaced my sony dsc f717 which i loved,( Zoom stopped working )it had 5.mp with a sony dsc-s980 12.1 mp

it doesnt have the same zoom ability but its smple to use and the screen is bigger with really nice pics and this new one is minute compared to what I had

post-1296-12738585938357_thumb.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now