Microsoft Give Away I.s

Monsta®

If they know so much about the flaws in their own operating system why don't they just fix them? tongue.gif

Got to admit it's good, it just found 6 rogue files that my albeit free antivirus didn't pick up on till the MS scanner did. ohmy.gif

Other comments have also been positive, but most say its a lengthy process, depending on your computers spec's of course!

As for finding files others miss, thats the same with every differing program, as they have differing databases, and differing uptake speeds when they find a problem.

Also, some find things like the Ask! toolbar as a virus, just because it is bundled with other programs that dont always ask you if you would like it, whereas other ones simply overlook this, as a simple 'add-remove programs' visit gets rid of it.

I've even seen one Anti-Virus spot an out-of-date Java instalation as a threat, which it is of course, but only from a certain point of view. It depends how particular you want it to be. Remember, there are alot of false-positives floating around too, so are you sure what it found is actually malicious? ;)

Other comments have also been positive, but most say its a lengthy process, depending on your computers spec's of course!

and your point?

As for finding files others miss, thats the same with every differing program, as they have differing databases, and differing uptake speeds when they find a problem.

but this one doesn't make stuff up like certain others! (avg, antivir etc!)

Also, some find things like the Ask! toolbar as a virus, just because it is bundled with other programs that dont always ask you if you would like it, whereas other ones simply overlook this, as a simple 'add-remove programs' visit gets rid of it.

I've even seen one Anti-Virus spot an out-of-date Java instalation as a threat, which it is of course, but only from a certain point of view. It depends how particular you want it to be. Remember, there are alot of false-positives floating around too, so are you sure what it found is actually malicious? ;)

there only pointing out security risks!

the thing is its from microsoft, its free and it actually works! :D

and your point?

I would try it but `Your PC must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.`

and your point?

Mypoint ( i thought was clear) was that others share your view... that supprisingly its quite a good program!:huh:
Its not a case of 'making stuff up', more of errors in detection methods, and this WILL do the same at some point... just like the rest. so again, not lagging behind the pack
Which is a good thing!

Whats your point?:blink:

Surprising isnt it! :D

i still agree with fourgee tho... its like selling a barrel full of holes then offering a free plugging up service. B)

Mypoint ( i thought was clear) was that others share your view... that supprisingly its quite a good program!:huh:

Its not a case of 'making stuff up', more of errors in detection methods, and this WILL do the same at some point... just like the rest. so again, not lagging behind the pack

Which is a good thing!

Whats your point?:blink:

Surprising isnt it! :D

i still agree with fourgee tho... its like selling a barrel full of holes then offering a free plugging up service. B)

my point is you were moaning!

as for a barrel full of holes microsoft are at least offering it for free!

:D

Heven forbid i have an opinion!

:blink: since when did Microsoft offer the Windows operating system for free?

the security package! how ever they do offer free software to students! :D

and windows 7 is free (release candidate) till next march :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now